Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have raked through the post but, can't find it mentioned... does anyone know if the key is like a radio frequency tag. the kind you get in all sorts of goods nowadays?
I would hate to think it is battery powered and have the battery go flat when travelling.
I used to work with radio frequency tags years ago and thought they were a great invention.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I dunno HOW it works. It just does.

You don't need to press anything on it. You just have to have it on your person. That's all. I love it. No cold hands. No furtling in pockets. Ooer, Missus!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There must be something in the manual about replacing a battery in it if it has one... has anyone looked yet?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No battery... brilliant... thanks ****. That is one thing they have right then - apart from the great looks of the car, it really seems to stand out in white. So my missus says

·
Registered
93 Posts
No battery.............. it uses Unobtanium............

Lol - you bad **** ! Like it (and at least I 'got it')!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It does have a battery how to start as follows: <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
INTELLIGENT KEY BATTERY DISCHARGE
If the battery of the Intelligent Key is discharged, or environmental conditions interfere with the Intelligent Key operation, start the engine according to the following procedure:
1. Move the selector lever to the P (Park) position (for automatic transmission models) or the shift lever to the N (Neutral) position (for manual transmission models).
2. Firmly apply the foot brake.
3. Touch the ignition switch with the Intelligent Key. (A chime will sound.)
4. Push the ignition switch while depressing the brake pedal within 10 seconds after the chime sounds. The engine will start. After step 3 is performed, when the ignition switch is pushed without depressing the brake pedal, the ignition switch position will change to ACC.

Never tried it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
No battery.............. it uses Unobtanium............

Lol - you bad **** ! Like it (and at least I 'got it')!

I thought it might get past a lot of people, bit obscure, but hey, thats humour.............

Sadly, I am very much in tune with your humour ! Lol !

Was it a quote in a movie? Was it that one where they trying to get to the earths core to restart the earth spinning (bet we get binned by mods for going off thread !) ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
"You're not in Kansas anymore, you're in Pandora!" from Avatar.

.... and after a bit of Googling, you are correct it was also in The Core.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you are talking about Unobtanium, it is in several films, as it is a movie-makers 'in joke. Much like the Wilhelm Scream.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So... let me get this right. The battery is dead but, you can still start and lock and unlock the car. I presume then that there is a key hole in the door and how the **** does simply touching the ignition switch/button with the intelli-key operate? It almost sounds like you could start the car with a coin if you don't have the key.Sorry to sound a bit dim but, I can't remember from the test drives.
I can't wait to get mine now to explore this little intrigue... roll on May

Edited by: Dougal

·
Registered
443 Posts
inside the key ther is a transponder,
Arounf the push start button ther is the Nats sensor.
If I tell you any more Id have to Kill you

·
Registered
873 Posts
Indeed, you can power the key by induction if you hold it close to something even when the battery is dead. For longer range operation (ie, normal) you will need the battery.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you only unlock the car on the drivers door?

Just thought when i get my car i put my daughter in the back first, its going to be a pain to go to the drivers door first before going round and letting her in the baby seat in the back!

Does the switch on the tailgate open the whole car or just the tailgate?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Push the door handle request switch *Aor the lift gate request switch *B while carrying the Intelligent Key with you.

Push the request switch again within 1 minute. All the doors and the lift gate will unlock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.