Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What range of Fully Comp (protected) single named driver insurance should I expect to pay?

Car will be Tekna top spec, mileage around 10K yearly, no claims/convictions in last 5 years, licence held over 10 years, mature female driver, driveway not garage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have virtually the same details as you and I did a quote on go compare. It was about £400 with my partner added as well. I am late 20's female and was quite impressed with the quote especially on the DiG-T. Think that was with Direct Line.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to vary between 240 and 500, hardly able to compare those as not enough info, but appears, at least at first glance, to be the same cover.

Will see what my present insurer offers first, as I probably have three or more months before deciding.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The best way is to go online at "gocompare.com", "moneysupermarket.com" or "confused.com" to give you a good idea of price.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, am doing, but was interested in Member's Opinions, as I've had the same Insurer for about 18 years, and therefore had not considered any change until now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use Adrian Flux (they're a broker) and they've come in with a strong quote for me after some haggling; they also insured me on my MINI for ~£500 when people like AA were quoting upwards of £2k!!

On dci with premium pack, 20k miles a year including business, 3 points for speeding, 5yrs ncb, one no fault claim, male and mid twenties they're covering me for £600 which is good as I must look fairly high risk from the above!

·
Registered
46 Posts
You owe it to yourself and your bank balance to visit one or more of the comparison websites.
If you have not used one before it is very easy. You have to provide all of the information about yourself and the car which takes about ten minutes and then you will be provided with a complete list of quotes. You can save the quotes for future reference which is very good.
I have found that no one comparison website is better than another but you could find that if you went to all three you may find the same insurance company at different prices.
You just have to be careful and review all options to get the best deal at this time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another suggestion - sign up (for free) to a cashback website, preferably through this link so I earn £2.50...
TopCashBack

Then look for car insurers - sites like 'gocompare' will pay you up to £2 just for getting a quote and others will give you cashback of e.g. £50/£60 if you take out a policy

There are no catches or anything, just straight forward money for nothing. Do all your internet shopping that way and you can get some great deals. I just got £50 from Santander for switching to their account which you get £100 for anyway - so £150 in total!Edited by: Tim84

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have insured with Sheilas Wheels whose quote was in the region of £340 but I had a nasty accident few years ago PLUS i was naughty and was speeding so they got me for that too..

Still loads cheaper than others. That said they are linked to ESURE who were really good during my accident

Acrorat - Its a big decision and no matter what - just make sure they have all the info - You might have to add things like Connect. privacy glass etc if they dont have the right spec on their system.

Good luck
Fee x

·
Registered
144 Posts
Spoke to Adrian Flux as they sponsor the MINI forum I use and they have said they can offer a 15% off club discount to members of this forum if the forum owner/admin is happy to let them join up and offer this for their members... would this be of interest to add to the member offers section and maybe let them promote their offer? If so then the admin/owner of this forum just needs to PM me their details so I can put you in touch and get this set up.

Adrian Flux have been brilliant for me so far, especially for modified car insurance; as they are a broker they can cater for more individual circumstances too (at least I have found them to do so)

For clarity, I have no affiliation with Flux at all, just very happy with their services for the last couple of years so happy to recommend them!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have used them i the past for modified vehicles but never found them that competitive on standard vehicles. but I'm happy to be proved wrong !!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Deej said:
I have used them i the past for modified vehicles but never found them that competitive on standard vehicles. but I'm happy to be proved wrong !!
This could indeed prove to be the case - I have a pretty modified car at the moment for which all the comparison sites come back with quotes like £2,500 for and Flux come back with quotes like £500 for! Still, would presume there's no harm adding their offer though as they can quote with the 15% discount and if it's still not competitive then people won't take it up!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did quotes for ours through all the usual comparison sites and Swiftcover were the best ! £234 for me & mrs (mid 40s, clean licences, 7 years no claims, kept in drive). £160 cheaper than I currently pay for my Alfa !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts