Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Insurance Quotes

5K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  Puddin 
#1 ·
My insurance is due for renewal end of Feb on my current car. Would you suggest I stay with current supplier for ease (might only need a couple of weeks??months??) until Jukey arrives.. And any recommendations on new insurer?? Thanks x

#4 ·
I was getting proper mugged by my current insurance, just gone online and I have just saved £170.00 (for the year)

My message is don't be loyal to these companies, they arnt loyal to us are they, upping the instalments, I understand that things have to go up but some companies are taking the p***.

I got a cracking deal with AxA online

From above the admin charge was £26.00Edited by: Jukeofwellington

#5 ·
I was in the same situation as you. I had a Renault Clio, due for insurance renewal on 4th Feb. I told Nissan and they said not to renew, they lent us a brand newNote (nothing to rave about but I was thankfull) for free until our Juke was ready. So I lapsed the insurance on the Clio (I was insured by the AA). I rang the AA to see what they could do for the Juke and it was such a joke. I have 8 years no claims and they were charging me a fraction under £700!!! I shopped around and Sheila's wheels could do it for £450. I was prepared to go with them as I couldn't find a better deal. However, just a few hours after purchasing the Juke, Nissan insurance ring me and offered me £30 cheaper than Sheila's wheels with added extras! So I took it. That was with 8 years protected no claims and quite a big excess of £500 (a risk that we were willing to take - I'd rather pay a cheaper premium). It's worth it to shop around but look into what Nissan can offer you.

#6 ·
Just done this yesterday.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />Swapped my current cars (Fiat Bravo) insurance to my new Juke (arriving on the 1<SUP>st</SUP>/2<SUP>nd</SUP> of March) for only £32.00 extra. There would also have been a £20 admin fee but got away with that by doing it online.

Jukeofwellington said:
I got a cracking deal with AxA online

From above the admin charge was £26.00
Igot a good deal with them too, saved nearly £300 by switching from Direct Line which I then used to help pay for my premium pack update!!

#11 ·
Try setting up an account with Go Compare. Once you've added al of your insurance details it saves them. You can then get loads of quotes to compare and adjust the details (eg, car details or excess payments).
I'm in the same position and have run a number of quotes for my current QQ and the Juke thats on order.
That should allow you to decide whether to stay with your current insurer or not based on what your yearly payments would go to for the new car.

#14 ·
frenchFries said:
More Than Freeman isvery good, my part ex is a 307CC and the insurance is the same.
Put your partner/wife whatever as a secondary driver and your premium will go down as well.
Being a staff member of More Th>n you would think my premium would be great as it is discounted by30% but no! the cheapest quote is with my current insurance provider - you don't have to be posh
- you know the one

#15 ·
my renewal was march 18th for the 207cc with esure - had gone up by 60 quid so did a quick confused.com and was actually still the cheapest by far!! Had a quote ready for chunk arriving and will be going down by a random £44.44 per year.... i guess esure like 4's??

#17 ·
I was listening to Martin from martin's money saving tips on the radio. He said NEVER renew with the same company. There is always a better deal out there for new buisness.

As an aside, on a comparison website. all my quotes were in the £300 to £400 mark except for one that was £17500 !!!! Turns out that they are an over 40's website only and I am a relative youngster at 39 and 3 quarters.

#18 ·
Just changed my insurance to Aviva and got 3 months free£276. Even at full price £350it would have been the cheapest quote, that's for business use and 20000 miles per year.
My renewal for Saga ( yes I'm an old get ) was £538 up from £392 and I got a £20 rebate when I changed it for the JUKE (£372). When I rang up to cancel it they said the best quote they could give me was £460 this was still the most expensive quote I have had. last year Saga the best quote I got, and so much for the Saga price guarantee
So shows to shop around.

#21 ·
jholdaway said:
I was listening to Martin from martin's money saving tips on the radio. He said NEVER renew with the same company. There is always a better deal out there for new buisness.

As an aside, on a comparison website. all my quotes were in the £300 to £400 mark except for one that was £17500 !!!! Turns out that they are an over 40's website only and I am a relative youngster at 39 and 3 quarters.
Well in my case 'Martin i'm going to shout and get all a little too excited Money saving expert' got it wrong

I tried all the comparison sites and all the direct sites that i could find and no one was cheaper than staying with esure so = renewed, same last year too... trust me i try hard every year to find it cheaper

#23 ·
My experience was nearly the opposite to you lot, what was dear for you was cheap and vicy verca. Co-Op was a good deal Aviva was off the planet. Just shop around and make sure you compare like for like. One company’s free courtesy car is another’s £19 extra.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

#24 ·
Have just got off the phone from Direct line and they want 871 per year.
This is for me and my partner :(
When i told the guy that i got less when doing online searching with 0 years no claims so basically my 5 years of no claims as a NAMED DRIVER mean absolutely nothing!!! he just shrugged!
I am shocked beyond believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.