Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance advice please:
I have max NCD and protected NCD, so at renewal I won't be gaining an extra year's NCD. Renewal is in December, car arriving hopefully first week November.
option 1 - change current insurance to Juke for November, look for new quote at year end in December
option 2 - look for full year's insurance now and cancel existing policy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
depends on cost, if your existing insurer is reasonable stick with them, most will charge you a fee to cancel, e.g. if you cancel 1/2 way through you may only get 1/3rd premium refund
try to avoid monthly premiums if you can the interest is huge!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi, In my experience, its easier to do a change of vehicle & keep your policy for the rest of the term, they do usually add more on unfortunately, as the newvehicle usually costs more, although yours should only be a small amount. If you cancel they charge you to cancel. Ours wanted £30 to cancel, so ive suspended it for now. So you could pay a lot to cancel when youve only got a couple of weeks left on your policy.

I suppose it varies from company to company though. I pay monthly, not yearly too. If youre still unsure you could ask them how much it would be & what would happen if you cancelled now, you never know!

Hope this helps! Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ask existing insurer to change vehicle. My insurance runs out end Feb 2011 on a 4 year old Rav4 and have received £4 premium cash back changing to a 1.6 DiG-T Tekna.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Surely not. DIG-Ts are a myth put out by Nissan to annoy the rest of us

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've sorted the free 7 day insurance with Aviva and they gave me an annual quote at the same time of £349 with protected NCD.
I'm actually impressed with that. Not had the renewal through with directline yet.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
directline quoted me £227 for 12 months currently i am sticking with Admiral until renewal extra £35 required to March

·
Registered
146 Posts
silverjuke said:
I've sorted the free 7 day insurance with Aviva and they gave me an annual quote at the same time of £349 with protected NCD.

I'm actually impressed with that. Not had the renewal through with directline yet.

I rang Aviva today forthe free weeks insurance (picking car up next thurs) the bloke i spoke to gave me all the spiel but the only bit that registered was the £400 excess he mentioned on the policy..i then phoned my current insurers who are posting the cover note today directly to the dealer.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
northendsoul said:
I rang Aviva today forthe free weeks insurance (picking car up next thurs) the bloke i spoke to gave me all the spiel but the only bit that registered was the £400 excess he mentioned on the policy..i then phoned my current insurers who are posting the cover note today directly to the dealer.
I've only taken the free 7 days at the moment. My insurance runs out in December so I'm sticking with directline til then. We've also moved my son's car insurance to Admiral a few months ago, so if they give a decent price we may take a multi car policy.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
only thing to watch with Admiral is they only pay market value whereas aviva and directline will give you a new car in the first 12 months if you need to claim.
Also i have desicovered that some insurance companies only list the Acenta so i spent 10 mins with admiral expalining the extras on the premiuim especially as they stated we only cover manufacturers modifications/extras that we are informed of ie dont tell that wont pay
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
443 Posts
chris78 said:
Oh as the movie says "there hear"
There is a Tecna turbo 4x4 in our compound.
Might see if I can take it round the block

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
deks36 said:
only thing to watch with Admiral is they only pay market value whereas aviva and directline will give you a new car in the first 12 months if you need to claim.
Also i have desicovered that some insurance companies only list the Acenta so i spent 10 mins with admiral expalining the extras on the premiuim especially as they stated we only cover manufacturers modifications/extras that we are informed of ie dont tell that wont pay
Thanks for the warning on Admiral. I know they charge for changes that other companies don't.
I tried to explain about premium pack to the Arriva 7 day free insurance line today and they said they weren't interested in knowing that. I said that was fine as long as the conversation was taped so they know I've declared it.
A warning on the 7 day free insurance, as well as a £400 excess they don't give you protected NCD.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
changed my car twice with admiral now have multi car policy they haven't charged me to change except for difference in premium
however they do screw you over if you want to cancel hence why i am staying til March offered me £22 back on a £240 premium and the kick in the goolies £7 charge to email cover note

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I only took my renewal for the QQ out in September and it would have cost me a fortune to change

Sheilas Wheels only have ACENTA listed also and I had to spend ages listing the manufacturers options on the premium pack to operative, Although there was no change in premium to be paid with the connect, alloys, privacy glass and reversing camera

He too said that all calls were recorded and in the event of an accident etc - as long as I mentioned PREMIUM pack during the call I would be covered....

Difference in premium from a year old 1.6 Acenta Qashqai to the new JUKE was £68.00 extra!!

Fee

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doesn't really make sense that the Juke is more expensive than the QQ.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
chris78 said:
Oh as the movie says "there hear"
There is a Tecna turbo 4x4 in our compound.
Might see if I can take it round the block
Is it red? Wish it was mine!!
Nice to know theyre landing somewhere!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts