Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New to the forum. Need some considered advice please.

I have a 2011 Juke 1.5 DCI. I've had it about 3 years now. When I first purchased it I was very happy with it. However, as time has gone on I'm becoming more angry with it. Aside from the plastic dashboard creaks and rattles I am really, really sick of the engine noise!

Ok, it's a diesel so I expect some "normal" diesel noise - that's fine but... I have had 3 injector failures over the last 3 years - one a year so far. These have been rectified but now I'm left with a horrendous injector rattle (or at least that's what the mechanics tell me it is). On tickover there is virually no noise - it's fine. When you pull away and the engine is under load this noise increases as the accelerator is pressed and the engine comes under load. Reduce the accelerator slightly and the noise reduces proportionally.

Cold or hot, noise is the same. It's horrible. It seems that a lot of Jukes suffer from this as I've notice a few DCI's where I live that produce a similar noise - but not all of them! the question is "What can I do about it?"

It's almost definitely due to engine management. I've noticed that when it rains, the noise is virtually non-existent! Every time. Correct injector codes are logged in the ECU - we've checked that.

I should say that I don't live in the UK but I'm a Brit living in Malta. It's pretty hot (or at least very mild) here all the time so it doesn't rain that often - but when it does, unbelievably, the car shuts up!

I'm appealing to any mechanics on here that could shed some light on what on earth is going on. I'm at my wits end with this. I'm ready to get rid of the car but I don't really want to :(

I had the DPF cleaned out a while ago as one mechanic suggested that this could be the cause. I have to admit, after doing this I definitely had more power and things did seem smoother. Maybe all of these things are linked.

Now here's a thing... I've noticed that all the Renaults that have this engine do NOT make anywhere near as much noise as the Nissans. If it's the same Renault engine then why is this? I've yet to hear a Renault that makes anywhere near the noise of the Nissans.

Comments would be appreciated! Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts