Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
My first post here and my excitement is soooo hard to contain!
I've been driving a Peugeot 206cc 2L for the past 2 years and fell in love with it a soon as I saw it....until I saw the Juke. Now my Peugeot may as well be a matchbox on wheels!
I've just found out this car came out in 2010 but I first saw it a few weeks ago in white. I was so startled by the look as it was driving past me in the opposite direction while I was pulling out into the road, that I nearly lost control of my car!!! No, seriously!
I'veprobablydriven past loads of these cars but all largish cars in dark colours just look the same to me. The white just 'popped' out and looked AMAZING....so started my hunt!
Today I did my first test drive in the Acentia and it was a really nice drive. It feels so different sitting up high compared to being in a low car and I felt much safer which is a plus point as I'm always on the motorway.
I've never been one for standard cars and always love mods, even my Peugeot is the only one with all the extras and then some.
Here are the specs for the Juke I'm going to order:
Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5 dCi 2WD (possibly 4WD), Diesel, Manual, heated front seats, red and grey interior, leather seats...blah blah..
Chrome packbumper corner protectorsfront style plateilluminated side styling barsmudguards front and backAmbiance lightingilluminated entry guardsfront leather armrestparking sensors, front and backchrome alloy wheels
about 22-23k in total.
...and in WHITE!
My only issue is that they don't make this in diesel automatic. I drive anything from 200-400 miles in a week for my job and my pet peeve right now is having a manual gearbox. Changing gear in slow traffic gets on my last nerve. However, with a diesel car I would save money which is great even though my job pays 40p per mile so it's mostly covered. I've been rabbiting on about automatic cars and think I'm going to have to make a sacrifice here. Automatic petrol, or manual diesel?
The test drive was good and the car felt it wanted to 'take off' and was very responsive but I will need to test drive a petrol auto version and see if there's much difference.
Diesel and petrol, manual and automatic owners - What are your experiences?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
welocme to forum
Diesel isnt available in 4wd if you want petrol CVT at this time dealers are not taking orders for it due to demand and the wait is porbably close to 12months now.
even with all the extras you want the 22k price you is a little excessive if you dealer is quoting this price then I suggest you order the extras elsewhere holdcrofts do a good deal on extras to forum members so will save you some money this way

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Ola Jukeluva

Great choice of colour.

Search the forum for great advice and assistance.

Been driving a White Tekna since start of the year and still got the perma

Lj

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've heard horror stories with the Diesel engines, in that you're financially better off with the petrol long term.

Ring some dealers, look on eBay (for new adverts). That's how I got my Juke, I waited 7 days, that's all - and I got the exact car I wanted.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
wingman said:
I've heard horror stories with the Diesel engines, in that you're financially better off with the petrol long term.

Ring some dealers, look on eBay (for new adverts). That's how I got my Juke, I waited 7 days, that's all - and I got the exact car I wanted.

Horror stories may not be quite right but yes it is possible that finacially you will be better of with the petrol, but then you have the issue of the iffy 5 speed box unless you go CVT which is virtually impossible to get hold of. I mean there is only 2 things rarer that a Juke CVT hens teeth and rocking horse poo

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey JukeLuva,I have the 4wd auto in red & I love it to bits. The wait though is huge, ours over 6 Months & I think its longer nowtoo,but the auto is excellent, my hubby is a car fanatic & is never happy, but he loves her too, you cant help but smile all the time. The acceleration is fantastic & its not 0 to 60, but 0 to light speed!But, the white for the 4wd is different to the others, its pearl & wouldnt be the same as you spotted out & about most likely. The Juke looks fantastic in white, but for me the pearl white didnt have the same effect.Talk to a few dealers & see what they can come up with, there may just be some cancelled orders out there to your spec, you never know till you ask.

·
Registered
127 Posts
deks36 said:
Horror stories may not be quite right but yes it is possible that finacially you will be better of with the petrol, but then you have the issue of the iffy 5 speed box unless you go CVT which is virtually impossible to get hold of. I mean there is only 2 things rarer that a Juke CVT hens teeth and rocking horse poo
Perhaps if you're putting in the miles & the years it will pay off.

The two things that have annoyed me about Nissan is the Jukes DIG-T & Diesel MPG figures.

Yes, okay, they obtained their figures in controlled environments and you should always take 15% - 25% of that number, but I only have to push the DIG-T a little bit and that figure falls to 30%+. Push it hard and bye bye petrol.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
DONT EVEN START ME ON MPG figures mine is way off the advertised diesel figure
i kicked off big time about this at the end of last year early this but have resigned myself the poor mpg
is a consequence of owner an otherwise beautiful car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wingman said:
That's a really good idea. Thanks

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Woohoo --- Welcome to youI saw your other post on the diesel threadbut now see your high mileage per week.... I had thought the petrol would be a better option for you........HOWEVERIf you are constantly doing high miles on the motorway and using the car seldom in town stop/start driving - I would consider the diesel, it has been very very hit and miss as there have been seriously high differences between diesel MPG on the site....particularly poor in town/stop/start (URBAN)The 1.5 DCi is a brilliant engine and goes like the clappers - great power in a realtively small diesel engine... I loved it.The 1.6 petrol gearbox has 5 gears and if you were to go for petrol = I would suggest the 1.6 DIG-t as it has 6 gears... The 1.6 engine in the normal petrol can be rather noisy above 50mph.......As for you saying you loved the JUKE in White - Way to go..... WHITE is amazing and looks fab.Any car you choose - its a big decision - I suppose the one thing you have in your favour is your work is paying for your fuel which is a big weight off your mind financiallyAll the very very best and good luck with your selection - may the force WHITE be with you!!!!Fee xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've finally got down to my last two Juke options. I'm not holding out on the CVT so I'm going to get either: 1) 1.5 Dci 2WD Diesel, OR 1.6 DIG-T 2WD Petrol.I drive a lot on the motorway but I'm also an urban driver so I'm still undecided on which of these two.
Time to crawl the forum a bit more.
Thanks for the warm welcome btw guys!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
2 totally different animals if you are not paying for the fuel then go for the DIG so much more fun and extremely quick returns for mpg seem to vary from averages of 28 to some who get 38
which is lower thean the diesel unless its mine of course
so if MPG isnt really an issue go turbo petrol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

My partner and I went to pick up his Nissan 370Z after having a service and we saw all these jukes had sold on them (mostly white ones). We went in to have a look at the red juke in the showroom and were asked if we wanted to test drive it. So we said ok.

I drove it first and fell in love with in immediately, It has more power than my Peugeot 207 and was very responsive, I also love the seats and that i feel comfortable in them as i am 5FT 11 and my legs tend to get tired in the peugeot.

My partner drove it after I did and also was very impressed with it.

That was Wednesday last week and now I have a Black to pick up this week.

We only went to get his car back and have now got a new Juke, we were that impressed with it.

When the ads came out on tv were loved it straight away, but i never thought i would actually get one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts