Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if its my imagination but after my 820 mile round trip to london at average 80mph my mpg has improved by about 3 mpg(and no i dont mean the average)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have u confessed about the white diesel yet</font>

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
4000 miles later and my diesel is still as bad i didnt brim test it on last run out but it averaged 39 according to computer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have done 4 brim to brims and all have returned between 50 and 55 MPG. Still don't know if my driving style/journey type is totally different to some others or if Nissan has made recent changes to the engine.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine is slowly improving. I have adapted my driving style though. You can't exploit the low-gear torque AND get good mpg. But I think the engine has taken a while to bed in. Slow progress but the mpg is climbing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
@ deks<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
are you using this
http://www.evilution.co.uk/pages/mpg.htm
if not, could you use it the post what mpg that says you are doing?
Sean

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
beltanedeath said:
@ deks<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display: none;">
are you using this
http://www.evilution.co.uk/pages/mpg.htm
if not, could you use it the post what mpg that says you are doing?
Sean
my above comment is based on what the computer said I know its not totaly accurate
normally I would a brim to brim calculation but this just depresses even more I just dont bother anymore
I put fuel in I use it and so on just making a contribution above

·
Registered
126 Posts
again the brim to brim can be a bit hit and miss....try the link......might make you smile when you find out your getting better mpg than you thought?!?!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Sean

·
Registered
873 Posts
What? The link is just a calculator for the brim to brim tests, not going to make a difference which you use!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
beltanedeath said:
again the brim to brim can be a bit hit and miss....try the link......might make you smile when you find out your getting better mpg than you thought?!?!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display: none;">

Sean
Sean I know how to calculate my mpg correctly and dont need an electronic program to tell me what I know. and as has been said the calculator is doing exactly the same as I do manually
Also as I stated on the post the mpg quoted on this thread was what the computer showed which I am well aware may not be as close to actual figures
I also said I have given up on tracking it as there isnt anything I can do about it anyway it is what it is

·
Registered
126 Posts
@ deks, ok<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">@ stormrider I know, you could also use the smart car fuel app (which isn't just for smarts), which isn't just brim to brim.(if you've got an iphone).

·
Registered
873 Posts
You need a baseline though, something to compare the tank levels to each other. You can't get any meaningful information without knowing about where the level in the tank was before and after the distance and filling calculations.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Best way to calculate is, to make it up.....My 1.4 Micra does 3600 mpg.
See it's simple when you know how!

Ouch!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ouch! said:
Best way to calculate is, to make it up.....My 1.4 Micra does 3600 mpg.
See it's simple when you know how!

Ouch!
I hope you mean 36 mpg and not 3600 mpg, if not keep the bloody Micra

·
Registered
162 Posts
No, really & Truly my micra does 49mpg. Not bad for the 1.4 petrol, bearing in mind it has now done 93k miles.

Even so, I want m,y new Juke ASAP!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My new diesel only has 300 miles on the clock and is already doing 48mpg, it can only get better, cue for a song......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts