Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
member jaystar has posted on the other threads about bumper issue that their car is suffering from paint bubbling issue on the rear bumper as well just below light cluster on passengerside
I felt this worthy of a thread of its own so we can monitor this and inform Nissan accordingly
thanks to jaystar for highlighting this latest fault

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
22 Posts
Deks I just heard from my dealer who says I have to report this directly to Nissan as they can't do anything about it until Nissan agree to investigate.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jaystar said:
Deks I just heard from my dealer who says I have to report this directly to Nissan as they can't do anything about it until Nissan agree to investigate.
Rubbish your dealer is first place to call on warranty issues its down to them to do the chasing not you.
I suggest you pm Nissan on the forum tell them of the issue and what your dealer has told you and tell them who dealer is the member controlling Nissan on the forum is senior member of customer service so it will get dealt with
I say again though its not down to you to chase Nissan its the dealers responsibility
I am waitingto see if any other members have new issue before contacting Nissan myself as I dont want to keep harassing them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep I called the number the dealer gave me and they said the same thing so it's back to the dealer!
And I have pm'd Nissan as suggested now.Edited by: Jaystar

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just thought I'd add that i've got the same problem on the rear bumper too. I'll definitely watch this with a lot of interest.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can we get some pics up for clarification of exactly where we are looking and what we're looking for?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cheers Jaystar.
I went out and had a good look at the car this morning. I've found the same fault as on the front but on a different place from you. I'll need to check your location though as i never really checked in there.
My fault is where the near/passenger side rear panel meets the bumper. Its the same panel that the petrol caps on, on the off side.The panels have the very same tiny shut line. There is a distinct line appearing on the near side rear bumper. The top of the line has started to crack and there is a very small opening in the paint.So far there is no crumpling though. I'll get pics tomorrow to make this a bit clearer.
This is a pic of the line i'm talking about but from the front wing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I will give mine a good wash tomorrow and check it completely before I take it back to show the dealer. Don't want to miss any other areas. These paint problems are getting really annoying.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Jaystar said:
http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/atthepatch/JUKEThe best I could do was this, so if you put it in your browser it will show you 3 pictures. The first one gives you an idea of the location but doesnt really show the issue too well. The other two show it better I think...hope this helps.
Had a look at your pics but that gap seems Huge! might just be the camera angel but will have a look on mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Returning home last night I gave my car its normal visual check-over and discovered that the exact same paint peeling fault as where the front bumpers attach to the body is beginning where the back bumper attaches to the body behind the driver's side rear wheelarch.

The problem is only in its infancy and I suppose only noticeable to me because I've seen the same slow progression from wrinkle to rip on the front panel. The paint hasn't ripped yet but is starting to concertina in exactly the same way as the front did before it began to tear.
Mileage wise I've just hit 3200 and like last time I noticed the front fault it was directly after long trundle down the motorway.
I have just reported it to NCS and will be taking it to a dealer for photos etc... later today.
I suppose, in retrospect, it was inevitable since the front and rear bumper joins are similarly tight and I guess the rear is happening later because there is less vibration in the rear of the vehicle.
Nevertheless it is highly disappointing. Nissan still don't have a viable solution to the front problem and now it seems that the problem is also at the back.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I waited a week or so to se if this was isolated but it appears not, clearly the way forward is to report it to the dealer in the same way people have the front.
I have just emailed Nissan to inform them of the rear bumper issue, hopefully they are already onto it thus speeding up resolution.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Aha.. now deks has helpfully put my post in the right place I can confirm that my new problem is exactly the same as Jukester's. No point posting a photo as my car is the same colour as J's too

·
Registered
67 Posts
After seeing this post i decided to give my car a thorough looking over and ive found both faults on my car. the front one is at the same stage as the others but the back seems to be only just starting

·
Registered
62 Posts
macavitythecat said:
Aha.. now deks has helpfully put my post in the right place I can confirm that my new problem is exactly the same as Jukester's. No point posting a photo as my car is the same colour as J's too
If this rain ever stops i'm going to get some decent pics up.
Give me an hour or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Photos taken by dealer who agreed it's definitely the same vibration/paint peeling problem on the back bumper joint as on the front bumper joint. He's forwarding photos to NCS today. He says still no joy on a permanent solution from them for the front paint issue but cheerfully added that he's 'seen a lot worse' than is visible on mine. Not terribly comforting, overall, - after all who expects having to live with a visible paint problem for weeks on a brand new car that ought to be my shiny pride and joy - but I concur that it must look a lot more visible on a different colour of car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok. Here goes.Camera's been playing up and cant get any decent close ups of the start of the crinkle. I'll go with what i have though.
Pic of area of damage to give people an idea of where to look:

Pic of the start of the damage on my Juke:

My dealer has tried to tell me that the crack lines on the bumpers/panels are supposed to be there. Has anyone else been told this?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Will check mine during the weekend clean

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jukester, your dealeris talking bo****ks just checked mine at currently it is perfect and free from any such lines

·
Registered
62 Posts
deks36 said:
Jukester, your dealeris talking bo****ks just checked mine at currently it is perfect and free from any such lines
As expected deks.
Its on both my front an rear bumpers. Its very faint on the rear drivers side but its coming.
Will get it booked in for pics with dealers tomorrow again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts