Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

im lost !!

53K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Geoff_Juke 
#1 ·

Whats the difference between wax and polish ???
after washing , wax or polish ?
Am i being blonde

See less See more
#2 ·
It is easy to get confused. Especially when some manufacturers refer to their wax as a polish
A wax or sealant is a last stage protection (LSP) Wax or sealant puts layer of protection on the paint work. Sealants are normally visually better on light cars and waxes on dark, but this is all personal preference.A Polish is used to clean the paint, restore shine, remove swirls and scratches. (Depending on the aggressiveness of the polish.)
What colour Juke do you have?
I'll recommend some basics for you.

#4 ·
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html

I recommend you buy this product above. This is a sealant wax, very durable, great wet look and most importantly very easy to use. Once you have washed your car apply this all over (including your wheels) and then when it hazes buff off.
When you clean your car the following time you will see the dirt just rinse off and once dry your car will be shiny again. You only need to reapply when the water stops beading.
Also have a read of this post for a good wash techniquehttp://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/newbie-car-cleaner_topic2338.html

Any anything else you want to know just ask.

#6 ·
You are right there

If halfrauds is your prefered option, the Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection are a great combination.If you want the HD Wax buy that online as you can get it for £25 rather than £35 normal retail.

#16 ·
Polish (depending on brand etc) should remove, haze, scratches, add gloss, shine but has no protection
3M Polishes are great if you have a rotary polisher or DA polisher, if doing it by hand go for Auto Glym Super Resin very underated and its awesome if you need to use hand

Wax - adds shine but most importantly is your LSP, protection

Wax for me is always swissvax best of show or Celeste Dettaglio (Chemical guys)

Entry level i wouldnt go past Dodo Juice or Auto Glym HD

<h1>
</h1>

#17 ·
Washing Your Juke.
Whatever you do, to keep your Jukelooking clean.

Never take it through anAuto Car Wash. Always wash it by hand.

Car washers will scratch your paint surface as the brushes are made from nylon. Also the wheel brushes on these machineshave very hard bristles and they will scratch your nice alloy wheels.

Use a wash mitten, rather than a sponge using the two bucketmethod (one with shampoo) (one with clean water) First if you have one, use a Karcher washer and foam lance and cover the car with lots of foam, this will loosen any dirt. Then sparay it of with clean water. Then wash it with a good car shampoo, using the two bucket method. Spray wash off again. Dry off using a Microfibre Towel. Do not use a chamois leather. Once it is dry, apply your choice of wax and polish off.

For expert advice on keeping your Juke looking its best visit this forum. Lots of information from experts and they sell all the top products in their site shop.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/
Edited by: Geoff_Juke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.