Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a fitting guide... I'dsay, "my shared experience" (don’t wish to be sued lol).<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Fitting illuminated entry guards is not a difficult job to do, just a bit fiddly. Take your time to read and understand the instructions before you start.
The instructions are good, however they do not show you how to remove the trim, but I guess the instructions are for trained dealer techs. The only worry I had was removing the trim without breaking it.

On a technical level, the actual fit is fairly basic - removing trim, lifting carpet, push fit connections etc. I recommend that you carry out a loose fit first - the supplied wire lengths are adequate but not over generous. Once you are happy that everything fits, use the supplied sticky foam pads to secure the wires in place.

Beloware a few pictures I took when fitting mine.Remove left and right centre console trim – these pull off by gently prising out from the front. They are re-secured by push-in screws.

Work your way along the sill trim, gently prising upward off these white clips – there are about 4 or 5 of these. The sill trim also attaches to the foot well side trim - mine all came off together. Note: Lift the rear end of the sill trim as straight as you can to avoid breaking a moulded securing lug. The lower door seals pull off.

The connector plug is located under the driver side ‘A’ pillar trim. The trim was not so easy to pull off, but I am sure it would by pulling out from the top, using a little more force. I used the take it easy approach – by pulling off the door seal along the ‘A’ pillar trim. This enables you to see the 2 securing clips and provides access (although a little tight) to prise the trim off the clips. One clip is located near the top of the trim and the second is about half way. I used an old screwdriver and bent it about 2” up, to a 45<sup>o </sup>angle – this allowed me to prise the trim off the 2 clips without scratching thepaintwork.

The trim is now free to pull out alongthe clips to about an inch, but cannot be fully removed at this stage because ofanchors at the end of each clip. I believe this is an important safety feature that prevents the trim from detaching itself during an accident. I recommend that you replace these clips for new, as you do not want to be wearing one in the event of an accident! You have 2 options, the first would be to prise the clips from the ‘A’ pillar – I did not want to scratch my paintwork! The second is to pull the trim away from the ‘A’ pillar to allow access to snip the clips nearest to the trim to remove the anchors. The picture below shows the 'A' pillar trim pulled out on to its anchor - viewed from the top.

‘A’ pillar trim removed. Circled, is one of the cut securing clips. This will re-secure the trim, but strongly advise to gently prise out and replace for new.

'A' Pillar Securing Clip (cut)

Underside of 'A' pillar trim

The new connection fits between this existing connector plugon the 'A' pillar. Remember to disconnect the battery beforehand. The extended circuit and connectors push through a tight gap in the dash, once wrapped in foam insulation. This would not look any different as a before or after picture as the new connector pushes inside the dash.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

And the finished job.

Hope this helps

... and a bigthank youto nissanjukebox

Edited by: Mez

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
nice photo guide

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mez
Can you explain the procedure in a little more detail. Not quite sure what I am looking at in some of the photos, how far up the A pillar is the connector located? Also does it mean you have to run the wires over to the passenger side or is there a connector in that A pillar as well. I assume that the lights come on with the courtesy light.Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
philthunder
Apologies for any confusion, my intentionwas tosupplement the fitting instructions as they do not show you how to remove the trim.

I have inserted a new image in to the original post showing the connector.

You have to run the cable over to the passengerside (just 1 connector). Simple job -just peel back the carpet run the cable as show in the fitting instructions and secure with foam sticky pads. There is no wiring involved, justpush fit connectors.

They illuminate whenthe door opens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mez
Brilliant service, there should be a stick for this, its too good to get lost. I was thinking Footwell lights would be easy to fit at the same time and if you can get down the side of the motorcycle fuel tank a couple in the rear would help there too.
Thanks Phil

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good work Mez, wish I'd had this to hand when I did mine as it was kinda nerve wracking working out how to detach the trim without damaging it.

Got there in the end though and dead pleased with the end result

·
Registered
46 Posts
light up entry guards nissan up to £300 +fitting. i refused to pay such a rip off price go on the internet and type in NISSAN JUKE DOOR PLATES and it will take you a site that do them [copys] for £37 !!!! i ordered a set and in less than a week i had them [from china] contacted an auto electriction and got them fitted £40 so for less than £80 pounds the front doors light up with JUKE in blue and the back two are brushed steel .and remember most phones [i. phones ect] and put together in china so no worrys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts