Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifes redAcenta Premium 1.5dci arrives on Saturday, so we sent both sons a picture of the Juke from the home page of this site. Replies - 19 yr old at University - " That is really ugly, you need an eye test", 23yr old working with a race team at Silverstone - " I would not drive that around if you paid me". We think it looks good, but felt young people would think it was really good (cool).

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I am 44 i think they look really cool at if the youngsters dont know a good thing when they see great let them have their fiesta ST'S CORSA gsi's etc while us more experienced people drive something with some modern funky looks

·
Registered
309 Posts
to be fair, most perople think it looks ugly in 2D..its not until you actually see it for real, that you begin to appeciate the styling...especially from the side with the sweeping roofline. I am 30 and have ordered a Dig-T for the sporty engine...they all look great!

They will come around!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Best description I have heard for the car is that it is very much like marmite, you either really like it, or really hate it. There is no inbetween.That said, as much as I like my Juke I have to agree that it has looks only a mother (father in my case) could love. The main appeal for me is that it looks like nothing else on the road and provides a really refreshing alternative to the very dull Audi A3, Ford Focus, VW Golf, Vauxhall Astra etc. Plus its considerably less cash and comes with an impressive array of toys and gadgets.Couldnt be more chuffed with mine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
All fresh designs meet resistance at the start , same a sthe MK5 Golf and the E60 5 series. After a while they really grew on people, the Juke will be the same , no doubt! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
brownjnr said:
to be fair, most perople think it looks ugly in 2D..its not until you actually see it for real, that you begin to appeciate the styling...especially from the side with the sweeping roofline. I am 30 and have ordered a Dig-T for the sporty engine...they all look great!

They will come around!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !!!
I think with maturity comes the ability to appreciate beautiful things

·
Registered
81 Posts
Carlos Valderrama said:
Best description I have heard for the car is that it is very much like marmite, you either really like it, or really hate it. There is no inbetween.That said, as much as I like my Juke I have to agree that it has looks only a mother (father in my case) could love. The main appeal for me is that it looks like nothing else on the road and provides a really refreshing alternative to the very dull Audi A3, Ford Focus, VW Golf, Vauxhall Astra etc. Plus its considerably less cash and comes with an impressive array of toys and gadgets.Couldnt be more chuffed with mine.</font>
I do agree it is a marmite car, but I love Marmite. OOh! I feel another Poll coming on !!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I love the car and hate Marmite.
I'm 47 (today) and think it looks really cool.

·
Registered
69 Posts
almost everybody that i know has said it looks ugly in pictures, but when they see it in real life, they instantly change their minds and love it

·
Registered
659 Posts
My caretaker assumed it was a 4x4 and called it a Jeep! It isn't either of those things...
It's not ugly. It's distinctive!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Juke is getting the same reaction as the Chrysler PT Cruiser did 10 years ago. Another marmite car that people absolutely love or absolutely hate. We owners just need to get used to people voicing their positive or negative opinions and remember that if you were driving a boring Astra/Focus/Golf etc that you would not even trigger a reaction in the 1st place!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I love it. Only boring people don't 'get' it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
this is why i love the juke.....

simmo.Edited by: simmo

·
Registered
97 Posts
my favourite description of the Juke is its the crazy love child between a bullfrog and a wasp which made me laugh but even the swan was called an ugly duckling lol.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the best one was said by a member her can't remember who but she said it was the love child of an xtrail and a micra which is about right

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm 32 and think it looks great - its why I brought it. I wanted something individual - I never buy euroboxes.
At 19 though, I wouldn't want a Juke. When I was 19, I wanted a Fiesta xr2 with pepperpot alloys

1 - 20 of 29 Posts