Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even to the bitter end GH were a bunch of ships anchors, when they eventualy phoned me Friday to say the car was in and it might be PDI'd for collection Saturday, I said even if you cant do anything else can you fit muguards and i'll give you a a genuine set I have and dont charge me for fitting, sales man said I cant authorise that i'll ask and phone you back, well I never got a call back so assumed even that was a no go. I phoned tham before I left to say is the car ready, it was so I told them im leaving now and will be there in 45mins, I get the the showroom walk in salesman says hi and tells me to sit down their doing the paperwork, no offer of a coffee or anything anyway I sit at his desk wait and wait 20 mins later he comes with paper work, by this time im cold the showroom was freezing and getting fed up. He tells me that Nissan are paying the years road tax and first registration fee and there is a full tank of petrol, This cheers me up a little, I think well at least Nissan has given me something, then he tells me what I have to pay and I said that seems a little high whats it for can I have a breakdown of the charges, Guess what go on guess.....the mutha F*****s put mudguards on and charged me including fitting, to say I went balistic would be a understatement, if I treated people like they do i'd be out of a job in an instant, I said I told you I only wanted them if they were put on as a goodwill guesture, he says I put them on anyway, I said well I dont want them I didnt ask for them you were sposed to phone me back, he goes off into the back office where the business manager is, comes back and says we'll take them off then but we cant do it till next week, that when I told them to stuff it and walked out. I went for a walk for half hour I needed to calm down big time I could have killed the arogant little 2 bob bit. Can you believe they did that. Anyway I calmed dow and after some thought, I know I should ahve just kept walking, thinking about it I wasnt about to start putting mudguards on in this weather, i'd have paid another Nissan dealer probably I went back into the showroom and after some arguing I got the salesman to admit I asked them to be fitted as a good will guesture, the business manager heard this and still would budge, anyway if I take the ones I have back to them they will refund the price of the mudguards but not fitting. I know I should have kept walking, I know, I know, but seeing my juke there in all its glory I couldnt just walk and say goodbye to it. I wanted an end to my unhappy ordeals with Glyn Hopkin. I never will go into a Glyn Hopkin showroon again, ive decided im not even going to take the muguards I have back for a refund I just cant face seeing them again, i'll offer them on here or ebay them.

On a brighter note the Juke is a fantastic, "ohh yea baby" fantastic car I love it, I have no regrets about buying it just the dealer I chose to order it from. To all those still waiting hang in there like others have said its worth waiting for, it realy is. Aparently there were only 2 cars delivered on thursday mine and 1 other, whilst sitting at the dealers table I saw a post it note with Mr blah blah canceled there were 3 names all with canceled beside them, hahaha I thought if you treated them all like me no wonder. Thats it im going to enjoy my Juke and put the buying of it behind me with lots of lessons learned.

Happy Christmas all, have a geat day I hope santa brings you everything you want.Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got mine today too! :)

It's sweet! I love the light shifter and the driving feel. I have been on Eco all day and even that I am digging. I can't imagine what Sport must be like (guess I'll give it a try and find out!).

One tiny question:

Anyone know if it's possible, and then how, to change the OUTSIDE temperature reading to Centigrade from Fahrenheit? It's not a big deal, but I can't seem to work that one out. I'll check the instruction manual again and see if it can be done, unless someone here knows either way.

I love how the navigation unit keeps your route going, but still manages to also show you your climate settings and track playing on the iPOD, all at the same time. It's a nice unit!

One other issue, and I've read about this happening to others, is that when playing the iPOD (iPhone, that is) and a call comes in, it doesn't seem to be able to answer the call without dropping both the iPOD connection and the call. Unplugging and plugging the USB back in seems to restore the iPOD, but the call is gone. Hmmm. On the other hand, I wasn't expecting my phonebook to download, but it did. Seems to me I'd read somewhere that for the iPhone it didn't download the phonebook.

Well, I'm so psyched to be a Juke owner now. It's a very fun car to drive. As far as the Force Red/Cayenne Red, well, I'm getting used to it, but it's a lot darker than I was expecting. No biggie, but it sure looks different to how the brochure's photos and web photos imply.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Fontie after reading your post even I am fuming,I do not know how you restrained yourself so much,I just hope that someone high up in the Nissan Group gets to know just how their appointed dealers treat their customers,I am sure they will not be pleased to say the least.
Anyway guys enjoy your cars.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Fontie Merrry Christmas, I am pleased you have got your car, but I genuinely urge you to not leave the matter their. you have been treated appallingly and need to be compensated for it. L would suggest you write to the MD of GH and to the CEO of Nissan stating all your facts and then I would write to the local papers in your area and Watford
Good Luck

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could have quite happly murdered them, slowly and as painfuly as possible. I never let things wind me up, people at work always say "your so laid back one day your going to fall over" what comes around turns around, one day they will get their comupence. I cant wait until Nissan phone me for dealer feedback, by the time im finished GH will owe Nissan money on this car. I dont have to go back there ever, there is another Nissan dealership not to far from me, least i can go there for all servive work.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Fontie its Christmas Day, enjoy today worry about GH next week
as long as the car is great the other issues can wait .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will deks...Im realy just trying to get out of peeling the potatoes haha and trying to think of something we need so I can go out in the Juke
Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fontie,

Glad youve got your motor.

Sorry to hear about ANOTHER rubbish Dealer.
I got mine back in September from Evans Halshaw in Aberdeen.

They were nice enough until it came time to pay........they had made up "another" invoice, which wanted over £500 more than the deal we had agreed on! Is that legal? Anyway, luckily, my wife had the original invoice in her bag, so I told them thats what I would pay, or I would see them in court.
They caved in and I got the original deal - but why the **** try to rip me off? do they think Im stupid?

Rant over, enjoy your car mate, and merry christmas!

Andy

·
Registered
154 Posts
congrats on the new purchase..just shows the difference between different dealers.I used GH and deal went through smoothly...maybe the weather has played quite a big part on folks delays.
Enjoy the car,more on the road the merrier.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Darex, my temperature has always shown in centigrade, so it can be done.
Fonte, so pleased you have got your car. I nearly bought from GH and then went elsewhere.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My outside temp guage has shown 0 since I picked the car up, does it need setting p or anything.

·
Registered
166 Posts
so glad you eventually got it fontie, hoping i dont have as much as a nightmare as yourself, i spoke to the woman at nissan yesterday who said she was looking into mine for me after i explained i could understand a week or 2 delay but not a 4 month delay just doesnt seem right, anyway merry christmas to you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Although I live in the USA now, I grew up in Canada, and I'm of an age where I grew up with Centigrade, and I prefer it, but I live in "Miles-Land", and I am more familiar with mpg than L/100km.

On my MINI, I had all distances set to read in miles and feet, but all temperatures in Celsius. Seems I can't have it that way completely on the Juke. Oh well, not the biggest issue in the world. I "do" Fahrenheit too. I'm really mixed-up: I prefer Celsius in the Winter and Fahrenheit in the Summer -- for the "emotional" impact of the numbers.

My iPhone does unit conversions so maybe I'll go all metric set to "on" from the iCON display and just convert to mpg when I want to know my consumption, but since by all accounts it's a major shortfall of the Juke, perhaps ignorance is bliss

I would like to somehow toggle my exterior temp to Centigrade though. That would be "nice". Seems to me it'd be easier to have the ability for the end-user to toggle what they wish, rather than to factory set each and every thing for each market. Multinationals are everywhere nowadays, too.

I know that folks in the UK are as schizophrenic on English/Metric as we are here.

·
Registered
754 Posts
According to page 2-4 of the manual, outside temperature is shown in degrees centigrade only.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Silverjuke, check out your number of posts ... on Christmas Day! LOL

Anyhow, on our page 2-8, it shows the display, and says what it is, but nothing further. I'm sure there's a way to toggle the units, but it may beyond the capabilities of we mere drivers. Hmmm.

·
Registered
754 Posts
darex said:
Silverjuke, check out your number of posts ... on Christmas Day! LOL
Only a problem for the hexakosiohexekontahexaphobic.</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts