Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the iphone need to be connected via usb port to play music or will it connect via bluetooth to play. ??

steve

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi steve.
It can all be done via the bluetooth

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi there,

I think it's best to connect thru the USB as you can control the tracks from the audio unit/steering wheel(andit will keep charging..)if you use Bluetooth then you have to control them from the phone itself.. not very safe and could and you with a fine !!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Yup I second what 5523_Juke says, after playing about it's much easier to listen to music via usb with the iphone as you can choose what to play via the touch screen much the same way you do via a usb stick.

Using bluetooth audio all you can do it next/back via the Juke and it starts on the same song each time and eats battery :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
heres a question... I have an ipod classic which sits in the car pretty much all the time and holds oodles of music, however |I also have an iphone4 which is updated daily and I tend to use for podcasts etc....
could I have the ipod attached via usb and still access the phone via bluetooth?? I could then hide the ipod away without need to access it on a regular basis
Ta V Much

·
Registered
231 Posts
The HTC HD2 connects via Bluetooth and you can control folders and tracks from the steering wheel / stereo - is this not the case with the iphone?

The battery life has not been a problem either, a long journey would def require to be on charge tho

Edited by: Bo & Luke Juke

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Bo & Luke Juke said:
The HTC HD2 connects via Bluetooth and you can control folders etc and tracks from the steering wheel / stereo - is this not the case with the iphone

The battery life has not been a problem either, a long journey would def require to be on charge tho
Interesting, when we had it connected via bluetooth it would just list the song and that was it, no browse/mix or anything at the bottom of the screen. did you have AUX twice?

·
Registered
231 Posts
iamdabe said:
Bo & Luke Juke said:
The HTC HD2 connects via Bluetooth and you can control folders etc and tracks from the steering wheel / stereo - is this not the case with the iphone

Interesting, when we had it connected via bluetooth it would just list the song and that was it, no browse/mix or anything at the bottom of the screen. did you have AUX twice?
Hi
Re; (did you have AUX twice?) do you mean AUX switched to BT audio?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Sorry I meant hit the AUX button twice? didn't try that yet... but when you're on bluetooth audio with the iphone you just get the track name and that's it...

·
Registered
231 Posts
My wife has a Samsung Vodafone 360 (rubbish phone! - but thats for another forum!!) 360's BT is very limited in the Juke
. I was wondering what phone to get next but may hold on to the HD2 for longer - was thinking of the new HD7 when it hits the shops? I will check it out in the Juke and feedback info as and when available

Edit added; does anyone have an HTC Wildfire connected to the Juke as this was a poss alternative to my wifes Samsung.
Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no connection with these people, but have a look at www.billmonitor.com
you can put in your usage details and phone you'd like and it will find you the most appropriate deals from over 7 million available!
you can put in your existing deals' online log in details and it will work out your usage over the last 3 months and suggest a contract based upon those details, it will; also update each month, so its handy if, like me, you are on a month to month contract and are contemplating tying into a contract either sim only or with a phone
it can also find the deals with free gifts such as playstations and tellys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your replies - I think I have my head round it now - just need the car so I can try it out !!!!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Right unless I'm being an UBER TARD there's noway to browse tracks etc you want to play via the stereo when streaming over bluetooth (tried on both my HTC Touch Diamond, and the wife's iPhone) It'll play music over the bluetooth and you can select next/back and stop but that's it!

If you connect the iphone via usb we get a nice folder structure etc and can choose the song to play which is cool (although slightly dangerous whilst driving) Keep your eye's on the road n' all that!

Also I'm calling out Nissan, they must have some kind of preference towards Apple devices. Each time I get in the car first (With my phone on bluetooth) wife will get in 5-10 secs later yet HER iphone connects to the bluetooth first! so unfair ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which of your phones did you link 1st to bluetooth??? Most in car blue tooth devices will go through the list and connect to the 1st it finds. Unfortunatly, if you connected your wifes after yours it will be the 1st that the in car blue tooth will try to connect too... The solution is simple... Disconnect yours and then reconnect so it's the 1st to be contacted.. that's if it's that big an issue... My husbands Parratot device in his 1series does exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Will that be the case for the sound system with the Acenta Sport Pack or does it have to be the Premium with the NIssan Connect system?

Just wondering if I will be able to see tracks in the head unit and control the Ipod Touch via the steering wheel with this lesser sound system

Thanks

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts