Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help please I need to reports from owners,

Iwould like a drive report and an economy report on the car

preferably from local run users my average coomute is 10 miles perday 5 miles each way in built up area

I am looking to change my diesel for a 1.6 n/a petrol manual or
possibly if I can get my hands on one an automatic so its for either of
these please

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Deks

I reported in January going from Northants to Carlisle a spin around the Lake District and back to Northants over 3 days. I was getting 40.3 MPG. Now my wife uses the car for a 6 mile each way trip five days a week we are getting 38.9 mpg. The car is a 1.6 Acenta with sport pack in red so itclearly it slips through the air easier than say a white one.
Another point worth noting is for all these journeys except a bit of a blast around the lakes it has been in eco mode...now with 1200 miles on the clock..
Hope this helps
PeteEdited by: chizzie

·
Registered
873 Posts
I haven't yet done a true brim-to-brim mpg test on my car, but I may do that the next time i fill up as I don't believe the computer.

Edit: In fact, I will start it tonight by filling the tank to the brim - although doesn't this rely on the auto cut-off of the fuel pump being totally consistent? Or should you fill it up until you see the fuel in the filler pipe at a certain level?

Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12Inchmick said:
Have you driven a CVT yet mate?
12inch
no big problem with them though **** you can't get one Nissan has more rocking horse poo than it does CVT gearboxes.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
5523-Jukes report might help................

Have you considered trying the 1.6 CVT? It's great around town as it's so easy.. I love manuals for the driving fun but absolutely hate 'clutch in - clutch out' in stop-start traffic.. and on the motorway the CVT has the lowest revs of all the transmissions at cruising speed.. and if the fuel consumption is better in those conditions than your diesel it may be a solution.. (and lower fuel cost at the pump..)Deks, below is 5523 Jukes post, might help

Just a thought....
Just to add my figures to the diesel mpg debate, did a test run yesterday of ~10 miles on a dualcarriagewayat 70 mph with cruise set, average was 51.5 mpg, then drove the next 30 miles home (hilly cotswolds) keeping to the speed limit and ended up at 55.1 mpg overall...

Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
88 Posts
So far I have done 2500 miles, 80% urban-20% motorway. I am averaging 38-40 mpg, I have worked this out on miles done to fuel put in the car, although the computer does seem to match well at 39.8mpg. I have run a tank in eco a tank in normal and now use sport only. I did notice that the mpg was a bit lower during the first 1000 miles which I put down to loosening up of the engine. I don't particularly drive with a light foot, but don't spin the wheels either. Most of my driving is in hilly terrain. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It all sounds fairly consistant at the moment. I have been driving in all modes and different styles & I'm regularly showing 38-40MPG as an average both on the computer and manual calculations.

·
Registered
316 Posts
12Inchmick said:

Have you considered trying the 1.6 CVT? It's great around town as it's so easy.. I love manuals for the driving fun but absolutely hate 'clutch in - clutch out' in stop-start traffic.. and on the motorway the CVT has the lowest revs of all the transmissions at cruising speed.. and if the fuel consumption is better in those conditions than your diesel it may be a solution.. (and lower fuel cost at the pump..)
Deks, below is 5523 Jukes post, might help

Just a thought....

Just to add my figures to the diesel mpg debate, did a test run yesterday of ~10 miles on a dualcarriagewayat 70 mph with cruise set, average was 51.5 mpg, then drove the next 30 miles home (hilly cotswolds) keeping to the speed limit and ended up at 55.1 mpg overall...

****, what the **** fuel are you using?!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Mine hasn't managed above 30mpg yet!
It's currently languishing at 27.4on a 30+ mile each way commute.
<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>
I'm getting four days commuting out of a tank - urban & extra about 50/50!

(I'll have tokeep checking underneath in case there's a hole in the tank)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Siemarque said:
12Inchmick said:

Have you considered trying the 1.6 CVT? It's great around town as it's so easy.. I love manuals for the driving fun but absolutely hate 'clutch in - clutch out' in stop-start traffic.. and on the motorway the CVT has the lowest revs of all the transmissions at cruising speed.. and if the fuel consumption is better in those conditions than your diesel it may be a solution.. (and lower fuel cost at the pump..)

Just a thought....

****, what the **** fuel are you using?!

</v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>

siemarque first post is is a n'/a petrol
second was a diesel
**** has a cvt but its an n/a
yours is about right I believe assuming its as your signature

·
Registered
659 Posts
Drove the dealer's 1.6 Juke home today. It's done 2700+ miles.
The trip is showing 35mpg.
The gears are nice enough in town BUT never drive the thing on a motorway because the lack of 6th gear is infuriating. It's only 20 miles but I'm dreading driving it back to pick up my car. I now no longer care if the mpg on mine is low. I just want it back!
I drove the petrol in eco because I don't want to put fuel in it before I give it back and it is rubbish in eco. SOOOO unresponsive.
The dci doesn't suffer in eco but the petrol surely does.

I wouldn't have the petrol in manual form. Can't speak for the CVT.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well I've filled my tank to the brim today, reset the trip meter, manual reset bar graph and the average mpg counter, so will compare all 3 when i fill the tank again tomorrow. Work is 52 miles there and back so should be a decent enough test. I'll do it in eco as well and drive as carefully as I can!

·
Registered
873 Posts
jayannlay said:
Drove the dealer's 1.6 Juke home today. It's done 2700+ miles.
The trip is showing 35mpg.
The gears are nice enough in town BUT never drive the thing on a motorway because the lack of 6th gear is infuriating. It's only 20 miles but I'm dreading driving it back to pick up my car. I now no longer care if the mpg on mine is low. I just want it back!
I drove the petrol in eco because I don't want to put fuel in it before I give it back and it is rubbish in eco. SOOOO unresponsive.
The dci doesn't suffer in eco but the petrol surely does.

I wouldn't have the petrol in manual form. Can't speak for the CVT.
You might find it infuriating, but I (and many others) certainly don't. Yes, the car is unresponsive in eco... that's what the different modes are all about! Hardly a fair test or report when you haven't tried all the functions of the car.

I did as someone suggested in the other thread today - put the clutch in at 80mph and its true that most of the noise is actually the tyres and wind. The only way you would find it infuriating is if you don't like seeing what the rev counter is pointing at... hardly a problem though.

Anyway, will report back tomorrow. For reference, here is my daily journey:
http://tinyurl.com/67vz73x

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think Stormrider is right; unless you are flogging the engine most noise is road/wind.
Most modest sized petrol engines need to be revved, especially those with variable valve technology. They deliver their power & torque much further up the rev range than diesel, you need to stay where the power band is for best performance and economy.
I found it hard switching from low revving high torque diesels to petrol. I test drove a number of cars & hated the fact that in 6th gear if you put your foot down nothing happened. I ended up with a 2.0 auto (5-speed) Honda Tourer. I found quite a number of 1.8 petrol engines totally gutless at 70mph in 6th gear, needing to drop two or even 3 gears to make a move.
Anyway, if the noise bothers you just turn the radio up a bit.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok people thanks for all the comments on petrol they are all valid I know what I am going to do know so no need for any more reports for my benefit but fel free to continue for the good of the forum and new members yet to decide on wht to buy

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Siemarque said:
12Inchmick said:

Just a thought....

****, what the **** fuel are you using?!

</v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>

Sorry for any confusion they are not my figures. If you read the post again I was quoting 5523_Juke's figures for deks as posted on another thread.
12inch

1 - 20 of 28 Posts