Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scroll to bottom to see latest update (07/10/10)

Well! we picked up our Juke yesterday, our sales guy hid whilst we were there, very amusing. Hand over went smoothly, no real problems with the car except rear parcel shelf was on the boot floor and that I thought it had done 192 miles, but that was just the estimated range, it came with a mesily 6 miles on the clock!

Only a couple of pics because it started CHUCKING it down shortly after we picked the car up.

Our thoughts? LOVE the car, it looks awesome, love it in black, love the gadgets, it's so smooth to drive, steering is a night weight, not to light, not to heavy, it goes as fast as we'd want. After 200 miles we've settled into the suspension, it's not as smooth as our smaller car, but it's not jarringly hard. it's firm, ours also doesn't crash over bumps which is weird (not that I'm complaining!).

MPG is at 35.5avg (I assume average but I can't tell if it is or not). The I-CON eco history graph shows 40-35-35-35mpg). This was for 202 miles, 20 miles around town and then 180 on the motorway. I'm hoping once it's run in we return a more rounded 40+, but 35mpg round town will do us nicely!

Reversing in the rain at night, hope you guys with the Acenta + premium pack and Tekna's are good at guessing where you're going, the camera gets very wet to the point where it became pretty much useless, thankfully thee Juke has BIG mirrors (4x the size of the picaso mirrors that we drove to collect the Juke) :) Oh and night + tinted windows == hard to reverse too! but you'll get used to it.

Steering wheel controls, would prefer the up/down toggle switch to do volume rather than change track/station.

Sat nav voice (Jane, the hand-over lady called her) interrupting our favourite song about 5 times as we were at a complicated junction... can't really fault this but we just wanted to hear the song, lol ;)

So we'll be getting lots more pics just as soon as the rain stops!

Some sad news for other people expecting to pick up their Juke from Beadles
Maidstone, ours was on of the lucky 3 delivered last week. The rest I'm told have been delayed due to a transportation issue at Sundereland.

Update: 07/10
</font>
Quick updated hands on after 4 days with the Juke. Overall still love it! ;)

The height is great! driving around town on Sunday it was nice getting a higher-up perspective on things, better visiblity out the front & down on to people it's not too high that you can't get in car parks etc, just high enough!

Slidey leather, love being able to swing my butt around to get in/out without having my trousers catch on the cloth upholstery. this does have it's downsides tho, my daughter's booster seat slides across over the seatbelt plug when she gets in so it takes her an extra few seconds to move it back and plug-in her seatbelt in!

Wing mirrors, automatically fold in when locking, which is a nice touch ;) (there's a switch underneath to turn that off tho, but I like it. it's cute!)

A pillar + wing mirror = have to move head to pull out of junction. No biggie but on certain t-junctions round here you have to move your head to see if there's anything coming from the left.

No heated mirrors, so all the other toys on the car and they forget one of the fundamental things? sa-la-ve,

No way to get number pad on phone during call for voicemail etc.

Keyless entry, very cool although totally confused me at first, I thought it unlocked the car as you close to it, but you have to press the black button to unlock it. also thought it locked the car for you when you left it, but also you have to make sure you lock it too. And nearly let the wife drive off without the key (had it in my pocket when I got out the car) thankfully the car beeped to let me know.

Engine, we've been driving round in eco mode pretty much since Saturday MPG is pegged at 35.6 now, the 'daily graph shows it moving around between 30mpg & 38mpg). These have all been around town so the figure is slightly above the quoted figures. We have 3 bars left (range of 77miles) and have done 250 miles.

So only a few niggles, but by far its the car that's put the biggest smile on or face, we owned: Mazda 2 TS2, MINI Cooper-S, Seat Altea, Peugeot 206 GTI and a few others I cant' remember.

Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking good dude! making me so jealous! ive order a black tekna! my mrs has had enough of me talking about it! only 23 Days to Push!What style did you get? Some inside pics when the rain stops would be awesome!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Big congrats on finally getting the JUKE. It look sweet in black. I have to agree with everything you said too. The wing mirrors are huge, the ride is nice and the back is dark at night. I'll have to get pics of mine up at some point but it's chucking it down up here too. lol.

Enjoy the car it was worth the wait.

Oh and I call my sat nav lady Daisy. (Daisy Juke, see what i've done there
)Edited by: FriendlyWombat

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad everything went well for you yesterday and hope you have lots of enjoyment driving your Juke. Haven't taken any photos of mine as it was late when i got home yesterday and it's absolutely chucking it down here today.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looking good fella!!!

Im still loving mine, although its only the 3rd time I have driven her due to working away during the week!!

Looking forward to some more of your arty photos!

Andy

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I guess you will be starting on the VADER CONVERSION soon eh? PMSL
Glad you have the car and all is well, it will make a change to write about the car - rather than the wait for it. December seems an age away for mine but hopefully the date will come forward once the CVT's start rolling off the line. Seeing the positive feedback on those that have arrived is keeping me going.
regards
Mick Foote (12inchmick - see - it was'nt what you thought !!!
)

·
Registered
367 Posts
looks fab! Ours has been safely tucked up in it's garage most of the day because of the rain!!!

Glad your pleased with it

·
Registered
46 Posts
congrats matey, looks lovely.

Got the first 'Bird poo' on ours yesterday! I'm sure they aim for nice shinny things!
Wish we had a garage to tuck it up at night in!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Squaddie-juke said:
Looking good dude! making me so jealous! ive order a black tekna! my mrs has had enough of me talking about it! only 23 Days to Push!What style did you get? Some inside pics when the rain stops would be awesome!
Ah it was the otherway around for me, my wife wouldn't stop going on about it, thankfully I have this forum to help me, she has just my ear! :) As for spec, got the Tekna, after spending the last 3 years wishing we spent the extra £ on the next model up we weren't able to make the same mistake again! loving all the toys on the Tekna, keyless entry, leather etc!

FriendlyWombat said:
Big congrats on finally getting the JUKE. It look
sweet in black. I have to agree with everything you said too. The wing
mirrors are huge, the ride is nice and the back is dark at night. I'll
have to get pics of mine up at some point but it's chucking it down up
here too. lol.
lol @ your sat nav name ;) I want Tom, the Australian back (from TomTom) something about being directed by a male voice, feels me with confidence, where-as a women... not so much!

olderjuke said:
Glad everything went well for you yesterday and hope
you have lots of enjoyment driving your Juke. Haven't taken any photos
of mine as it was late when i got home yesterday and it's absolutely
chucking it down here today.
Hurry up and get some pics! :)

12Inchmick said:
I guess you will be starting on the VADER CONVERSION
soon eh? PMSL
Lol, maybe not ;)

mightygoo said:
congrats matey, looks lovely.

Got the first
'Bird poo' on ours yesterday! I'm sure they aim for nice shiny things!
Wish
we had a garage to tuck it up at night in!
Ah not had that yet, just a ton of wasps/flies and other things splattered on the front, have to find the trick behind getting rid of them ;)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
andytran said:
Looking good fella!!!

Im still loving mine, although its only the 3rd time I have driven her due to working away during the week!!

Looking forward to some more of your arty photos!

Andy
On that note, here's some more pics! :)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Update: 07/10
</font>

Quick updated hands on after 4 days with the Juke. Overall still love
it! ;)

The height is great! driving around town on Sunday it was nice getting a
higher-up perspective on things, better visiblity out the front &
down on to people it's not too high that you can't get in car parks etc,
just high enough!

Slidey leather, love being able to swing my butt around to get in/out
without having my trousers catch on the cloth upholstery. this does have
it's downsides tho, my daughter's booster seat slides across over the
seatbelt plug when she gets in so it takes her an extra few seconds to
move it back and plug-in her seatbelt in!

Wing mirrors, automatically fold in when locking, which is a nice touch
;) (there's a switch underneath to turn that off tho, but I like it.
it's cute!)

A pillar + wing mirror = have to move head to pull out of junction. No
biggie but on certain t-junctions round here you have to move your head
to see if there's anything coming from the left.

No heated mirrors, so all the other toys on the car and they forget one
of the fundamental things? sa-la-ve,

No way to get number pad on phone during call for voicemail etc.

Keyless entry, very cool although totally confused me at first, I
thought it unlocked the car as you close to it, but you have to press
the black button to unlock it. also thought it locked the car for you
when you left it, but also you have to make sure you lock it too. And
nearly let the wife drive off without the key (had it in my pocket when I
got out the car) thankfully the car beeped to let me know.

Engine, we've been driving round in eco mode pretty much since Saturday
MPG is pegged at 35.6 now, the 'daily graph shows it moving around
between 30mpg & 38mpg). These have all been around town so the
figure is slightly above the quoted figures. We have 3 bars left (range
of 77miles) and have done 250 miles.

So only a few niggles, but by far its the car that's put the biggest
smile on or face, we owned: Mazda 2 TS2, MINI Cooper-S, Seat Altea,
Peugeot 206 GTI and a few others I cant' remember.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Good report, thanks for the info.
Can't believe they forgot the heated wing mirrors, if they move electronically how much extra would it be to have heated them?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dabe,

You fairly have an eye for a photo...love the one in front of the flats, nice moody sky.

Only problem you have is keeping your Juke clean for the next few years!!!

Good luck with that!!!! Ive had 2 black cars and NEVER again!! I like to keep my cars clean and waxed - I was continually having to machine polish my black GTI and BMW when I had them as they showed up every single little mark. At least they were German cars (German cars have hardest paint/lacquer so can take some paint correction).

Andy

·
Registered
202 Posts
I love black cars & have owned a couple, the Juke is no exception in black it looks stunning. Make sure you have plenty of polish to hand!Looking forward to seeing more shots, both here & on Flickr.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pics look sweet dabe.

You right about the A-pillar and wing mirrors. I really struggle on some junctions, especially in car parks. Do they really need to be that big? But no matter, as a guy at work said, you know about it so you can anticipate the problem.

And your mpg is good too. I keep mine in eco almost constantly and it's reading 40.3mpg after 170 miles.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
andytran said:
Dabe,

You fairly have an eye for a photo...love the one in front of the flats, nice moody sky.

Only problem you have is keeping your Juke clean for the next few years!!!

Good luck with that!!!! Ive had 2 black cars and NEVER again!! I like to keep my cars clean and waxed - I was continually having to machine polish my black GTI and BMW when I had them as they showed up every single little mark. At least they were German cars (German cars have hardest paint/lacquer so can take some paint correction).

Andy
Thanks man, Just love taking photos, so when I get something new that's pretty much what I do. Most shots I get are down to luck tho!

And uhr yea... keeping it clean, really looking forward to that... ;) Get's it first wash this saturday, off to halfords to get another bucket and a grit trap (hope they sell them). Then gonna be ordering some AutoGlym HD wax & sealant. My daughter and I will be busy!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FriendlyWombat said:
Pics look sweet dabe.

You right about the A-pillar and wing mirrors. I really struggle on some junctions, especially in car parks. Do they really need to be that big? But no matter, as a guy at work said, you know about it so you can anticipate the problem.

And your mpg is good too. I keep mine in eco almost constantly and it's reading 40.3mpg after 170 miles.
I love how big the mirrors are tbh, you can see EVERYTHING behind you in them, guess that makes up for the centre rear view mirror ;) and you're right, you can anticipate the issue of having to look around them, it all comes with getting used to the car.

It's up to 36.7 now which is an improvement, I'm really hoping it'll hit the magic 40 around town, but we're happy with 35mpg+ obviously this is the in-car computer read-out which we ALL KNOW the manufactures tweak to be slightly optimistic ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts