Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in the other topic, I got problems with my Android Phone HTC Desire keeping contected by the bluethooth.
Somhow I connects, but after a few minutes the connection with the radio gets lost.

Pretty irritating actually, because now I am still unsing the headset.

does anybody know what to do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get an iphone!
Sorry i couldn't resist!
Never had a problem with it in my Qashqai & hope not to in my new Juke.
Dealer should know a fix, if not now, they should know pretty soon.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks,

no no iphone :D

Well discoverd that thoe pjhone breaks the connection by it self when it uses the internet (getting emails or refreshing)

so has to be problably the phone that gives the problems

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
NissanJukeBox have you tried checking on the android forums to see if others have issues with their phone connecting to their cars?

Also Nissan Connect is used in the Note & QQ to those forums could be worth a trie. There's likely others using android to connect to it, so might be worth asking around?

Also I know it's a long shot but Nissan Connect is built off of WinCE so there might be a support avenue that way too.

It's an interesting problem because who responsible for getting it fixed. The garage is unlikely to know how the system works as Nissan don't build the system (little bit of research tells me it's made by Clarion).

Keep us updated, it might even be worth making a topic with compatible handsets..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it is bluid by bosch, but can be wrong.

Haven't search or tried anything else yet. just because driving is such a fun in the Juke ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
<nissanjukebox> Which audio do you have?
Nissan Connect (i.e. Navi) or the other one (that's new for Juke)

I heard that the biggestproblem with Bluetooth is that each phone manufacturer implements the protocol (?) slightly differently and so car manufacturers can't make one system to suit all phones (and new ones come on the market daily..)

I know this doesn't help you... maybe the iPhone is the way to go !! :)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
It's a Bosch Unit, you're right NissanJukeBox, I read through the manual yesterday ;)

As for bluetooth issues, yup it's because not all phones implement the protocal correctly, which really sucks!

I've just hooked up my HTC Touch Diamond this morning and had it connected whilst driving, worked fine for the phone functionality, got the contacts & call list could make & receive calls (Hi mum!) and it didn't disconnect once in the 50 minutes it was connected during the drive. My phone is running Windows Mobile 6.5.3. Didn't try the bluetooth audio tho as I don't have any mp3s on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know the HTC phones but I have to set my phone to have Bluetooth on Permanantly and be Visible to allowmy Juke to see it and stay connected.

So far no problems.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I connected my HTC to a Tecna on PDI.It worked fine ,I set it to automatically ,remember the pairing. streamed music and phoned out ok for 10 mins there about on road test .
Its on android 2.2 Kernel 2.6.32015 FTP Server is off/un ticked.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the HTC Desire and it works fine, connects fine, stays connected, BT Audio works fine, but the only problem is that only part of my phonebook is downloaded to it - the same part every time, and loads of contacts are missed out. Is anyone else having this issue? I need to try it with another model of car that supports downloading the phonebook to work out if it is the phone or the car I guess.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stormrider said:
I have the HTC Desire and it works fine, connects fine, stays connected, BT Audio works fine, but the only problem is that only part of my phonebook is downloaded to it - the same part every time, and loads of contacts are missed out. Is anyone else having this issue? I need to try it with another model of car that supports downloading the phonebook to work out if it is the phone or the car I guess.
Great, have you tried to use the internet while driving. Min workshop perfect til when i use the internet on the phone. Phonebook did not download.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my Juke and mine is the same as your nissanjukebox. It disconnects for no apparent reason (will check if it's becauseof the internet). It's really frustrating. I notice that Nissan doesn't support the HTC desire either, says that the phone isn't capable of using the bluetooth correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK an update to this. I have rooted my phone to remove the bloatware that vodafone put on and voila - it works like a dream. No disconnect issues at all. Although I did stupidly forget to get all my contacts meaning the only way I get a full phonebook is getting into the Juke as I had transferred them to connect :p

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ah. I am on vodafone as well but I have an unlocked, unbranded HTC desire that just comes with HTCs original software - no vodafone bloatware on it at all. Probably explains why mine works fine then!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I think you all have to update software which support your juke and I have<snip yet more spam insert link removed> but i am not facing any kind of problem i would recommend you to change your phone from HTC Desire to HTC Wildfire. Thanks.
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Just got my Juke and i have the same problem. It connects with the HTC desire but after a few moments it disconnects again. reconnection is always not succesfull.

I had a Nissan qashqai beore and there it was not a problem at all. Connection always automatically established and never problems during the ride. So find it strage that Nissan says that it is not correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an HTC desire also with original settings . I did buy it without any provider. I am using Vodafone as well. But it works not at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts