Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 1pm I was outside working, chilly but not to bad a day, bearing in mind where I live is known for having its own little micro climate. So at 3pm my outside now looks like this.
Don't think the Juke will be moving for a few days.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here in a very cold Preston there is about 8 inches of snow on the ground. Think picking my car up on Monday could be off

·
Registered
754 Posts
About 4 inches of snow came down late morning. Juke isn't going anywhere, BMW's on strike and the Aygo is hemmed in.
We went for a walk into the nearest town. Traffic moving slowly. BMWs and Mercs having to be pushed all the time
and slowing up the traffic.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Almost kerbed my Juke this morning in the ice. Turned on a roundabout and the car didn't turn. Luckily stopped just in time.
Snowed heavily mid-afternoon and got about 6-7 inches. Dogs loved it when I took them out, but the car isn't moving with ice underneath the snow

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
-4 in Glasgow, with only a flutter of snow!!! - theres been a perma frost up here for 3 weeks and ice is lying under the thin layer of snow.

CLouds are heavy and much more expected...

Good luck to us all - I THINK WE WILL ALL NEED IT!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
329 Posts
30 Miles North of aberdeen.....

Weve had snow for the past 5 days....

Had to get a push from the neighbours 2 days ago just to get the car back into the garage....

Wont be using the Juke for sometime me thinks.

weve had about 6 inches of snow again last night. Ive lived up here on and off for 25 years....cant say I ever remember so much snow in such a short period of time.

andy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Am stranded in Preston, was going home today but no way am i driving up in this weather especially having heard the village is virtually cut off and its not possible to get a car up the hill to my house.
Think we must have set a world record on fri night/sat morn..came back from holiday, left Manchester airport at 8pm and got into Preston 9 hours later at 5am. luckily i wasn't in the Juke, mate was driving and while i had a nap he managed to find his way to the other side of Chester ! we eventually got on the M6 around 10pm, the traffic was crawling due to heavy snow..around 11am we ground to a halt and didnt move at all for 5 hours. was kind of bizaare seeing folk walking dogs up the outside lane and generally abandoning cars and wandering up the Mway. the situation was made much worse by hundreds of idiots driving up the hard shoulder until that was totally blocked as well..making it impossible for the breakdown trucks and ambulance to get anywhere near the scene of the cause. was a long cold night to be sat in a car wearing a tee shirt and huddled under a beach towel!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Six inches of snow have fallen in the last 3 hours in Dorset,it hardly ever snows here! Our village looks a real picture,great as long as you don't want to go anywhere. They don't grit out this way so we're stuffed. And the central heating has just packed up.
Ho ho bl**dy ho!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It started snowing here "in the Blackburn area" on Friday night andduring the night anSaturday morning we got 15 - 20cm (6-8 inch) but after that only blue sky and sunshine. main roads are ok back roads are notok (thatis the understatement of the year)

·
Registered
272 Posts
cold n crap !!!! sick of it.gunna book a holidaysomewhere in the sun.
simmo.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
simmo said:
cold n crap !!!! sick of it.gunna book a holidaysomewhere in the sun.
simmo.
shame you won't be able to fly though unless you want to spend a few days at the airport waiting to see if the flight goes

·
Registered
272 Posts
our 2 local airports have no problems ..................YET !!!! simmo.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
simmo said:
our 2 local airports have no problems ..................YET !!!! simmo.
yes just discovered how clear it is up your way compared to north and south

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeswe've been lucky this time,up till now.sooo bloody cold tho. simmo.
Edited by: simmo

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes mother in law said it was -6 in Tamworth today, glad I am not there this christmas

1 - 20 of 38 Posts