Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for all you lucky buggers that already have your little jukes how are you coping in the snow, not that i'm not coping in my 206 but cant say i feel very safe in it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just done the school run. About 3 inches on the side roads here. My traction light came on twice but steering seemed to be good.
Was careful to wipe the snow of the lights before setting off; white car in snow may not be very visible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had to abandon mine today, after 20 yards in 3" of snow.Worst car I've had for snow since the Triumph Spitfire with an empty boot, put 3 bags of sandin the boot of the Spitfire and it wouldbeat the Juke, rapidly going off the car,beauty is only skin deep

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the size of the tyres isnt going to help in the snow,
other problem of course is becuase it looks like a small 4x4 one can assume it acts like one, but as its only 2wd its never going to be great when the going gets tough

·
Registered
443 Posts
We had about 4 inch of snow . The other half took it to work.left off 6 .30 am. Had one close miss with a car side ways out of control heading towards her. She was so upset she cried when she got in.!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've had no problems. Got to work no problems today in the snow, just been out for lunch in it as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Snowing heavily in Dorset right now,the second time in a week! Very unusual for this part of the world, we hardly ever see the stuff.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I would think that the 4 x 4 Juke will venture out with little problem but, 2WD in any car on snow isn't great.
All weather tyres are useless in the snow according to a recent comparison in Autoexpress. I have Nokians on the car for the first time and it seems to be behaving reasonably but, I think when I get the Juke I'll go for the Continental Winter tyres on new wheels and swap in Easter, etc.

You can't necessarily blame the car for not behaving in the snow. Driving style has a lot to do with it too (not saying there is anything wrong with your driving...).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lots of snow here on Skye.
Juke is ok driving on semi-clear roads, but is stuck half way up driveway for second evening in a row.
The qq faired better on the driveway last year I reckon.
I'm hoping the snow socks will help when they arrive.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Big tires and a light motor just don't get through the snow. Their are two skiny spares at work shame I can't brow one and pop some chunky tires on them .

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have to agree with Marie

The weather up here in January was equally as bad but the Qashqai fared a bit better than the Juke.

The ESP has kicked in on numerous occasions but despite the assistance traction overall hasn't been great....

Time for those winter tyres methinks..

Fee

·
Registered
443 Posts
Esp and abs in the snows not as great as some make it out to be.
The mini circa 1974 coped better than allot of others on the drive home tonight .

·
Registered
189 Posts
must agree with the majority, it's the driver as well as the experience of driving in snow that dictates but a plea to all drivers please clear your windows as best possible, today in chelmsford far to many windscreens full of snow.

·
Registered
199 Posts
mine should be at the dealers on the 7th dec, nokian winter tyres ready in the garage, needs to be good though 12" snow at home atm........

·
Registered
540 Posts
We have just learned that the police in our area are cracking down on people driving without clearing doorsteps of snow off the roofs of their cars. £60 and 3 points on the licence. Ouch!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts