Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to all those who have had their new Jukes ,i hope that all is well and that you are having fun with your new babies! Now that you have all done a few miles ,how are you finding the fuel consumption? Do you think that Nissan's claim of a combined mpg figure of 44 will be achievable?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have only done 150 miles in mine, mixture of around town and a motorway trip, says i am getting 37 mpg

·
Registered
345 Posts
Someone do the math,
Mine has now 600 km's on it, it give a 8.5liter per 100 km's

don't have a glue how you convert to mpg

When driving 100KM/u on the highway, it goes down to 4.8liters per 100km

·
Registered
455 Posts
nissanjukebox said:
Someone do the math,
According to this website
http://mpg.webix.co.uk/
8.5 litres per 100km = 33 miles per gallon

·
Registered
204 Posts
olderjuke said:
Congratulations to all those who have had their new Jukes ,i hope that all is well and that you are having fun with your new babies! Now that you have all done a few miles ,how are you finding the fuel consumption? Do you think that Nissan's claim of a combined mpg figure of 44 will be achievable?

I get 41 out of my 2L Quashqai so I'll be very disappointed if I don't get better than that from my Juke.

·
Registered
164 Posts
41? Forty-*one*???!!!

I've only ever seen more than 38 from my 2L QQ, and that was a 300 mile motorway trip. In normal usage it is closer to 35.

I put it to you that you drive like a girl...oh, hang on......

·
Registered
345 Posts
KevInJuke said:
nissanjukebox said:
Someone do the math,
According to this website
http://mpg.webix.co.uk/
8.5 litres per 100km = 33 miles per gallon
ow so on the highway driving aorund 60 mph it will be doing 59 mpg according to the calculator.

Stupid thing is, if I turn on the cruise controle, the trip computer is replaced by a speedo meter from the cruis econtrole

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
59mpg out of a 1.6 turbo on the motorway isn't bad at al! I'd be happy, but 33mpg around town I couldn't live with, we'd be forever filling her up! Re-inforces our decision to get the non turbo one.

Would totally love the extra power but can't afford the fuel! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well picked mine up and drove it back from the dealer across town. About six miles and because I was stood with the engine running for ages it dropped to 32.4mpg. But took it out later and got in the car it said I had 346 miles left. Drove a few miles across town, quick motorway blast of about 4 miles and then another 10 back across town. Pull on to the drive and it says I got 357 miles left.

Hmmmm?

Average Mpg now up to 35 and climbing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
FriendlyWombat said:
But took it out later and got in the car it said I had 346 miles left. Drove a few miles across town, quick motorway blast of about 4 miles and then another 10 back across town. Pull on to the drive and it says I got 357 miles left.

Hmmmm?
In my QQ, Iusually seea longer range shown between leaving work and getting home. It's like driving 15 miles using no fuel whatsoever

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi guys,

It's been in eco mode ever since I got it. I know i know not very exciting but i am an ecomentalist and from yorkshire too so, you know, tight.

anyway, reset the average mpg today to get rid of all the time I was stood standing yesterday and took it out for drive this evening. Some town driving but mostly steady cruising at 30 and 40, up and down hills. Oh and a quick blast on the motorway too. I'd say prob25 miles in all, maybe more?

Now reading 51 mpg.

Plus eco mode is awesome with the star game.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had mine since Moday and been commuting back and forth to work.

Using it in Normal mode as the eco mode is a bit slugish. Currently reading 41.4mpg average.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've only done 200 miles in mine (mix of rural roads, bit of motorway and some town), all in normal mode, and so far it's reading 37.5mpg but I assume it will improve as it runs in.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Some varying figures here, I'm guessing these are all for the 1.6 N/A engine (i..e NOT the turbo) it'd be good when posting if you could say what engine it is!

So assuming its the 1.6 interesting to see 35mpg in normal mode, I'm gonna have to make my wife (who will be driving the Juke the most) drive in eco mode, or I'm gonna superglue the Eco mode button down for her ;)

and lol @ the star game FriendlyWombat, 5 stars all the way! :)

Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
484 Posts
These figures are what I’d expect to see from the 1.6 n/a. The manufacturers ‘combined’ cycle is often not achievable as these figures are derived under lab conditions. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
When I look at new car data, the formula I generally use to estimate the realistic combined fuel consumption is *urban cycle + 10%*.
Using this (non scientific) calculation I would be pleased if I were to achieve more than 38 mpg (1.6 n/a), 34 mpg (1.6 Dig-T) & 51 mpg (1.5 dCI), on the combined cycle.

·
Registered
231 Posts
iamdabe said:
Some varying figures here, I'm guessing these are all for the 1.6 N/A engine (i..e NOT the turbo) it'd be good when posting if you could say what engine it is!

So assuming its the 1.6 interesting to see 35mpg in normal mode, I'm gonna have to make
my wife (who will be driving the Juke the most) drive in eco mode, or I'm gonna superglue the Eco mode button down for her ;)

and lol @ the star game FriendlyWombat, 5 stars all the way! :)
OOhh your braver than me!! I cant make 'my wife' do anything!

Regarding the mpg we have only done 168 miles so far on a real mix of all the modes and we are showing 39mpg - town and country lanes mostly
love the car...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well done about a hundred miles now, all in eco mode. Except for maybe 200 yards in sport. Funny when the passanger does not expect it.

Anyway currently reading 44.7mpg. Which is not too bad really. It's dropped since yeasterday because i've done a bit of town driving.

lol iamdabe. I think its great, except your not looking at the road. "Look 5 stars!!" TREE -BANG AIRBAG...... "oh look, lot's of stars"

Also trying to get 1 star is fun too. Yey, 1 star. I'm killing baby seals

1 - 20 of 20 Posts