Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take off the lower part:

http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-to-remove-lower-part-bumper_topic3779.html

the we take some plastice haze (I like this more the the ordinary metal one

Measure the size

Cut it, plastic is very easy to cut

See if it fits

Dril little holes, just big enough for a ty-rap

Connect the grill with the ty-raps

I just fixed it 3 on the bottom an tww on the sides

And mount back the lower part.

Takes about 30 minutes and 10 euro's for the plastic

You can always buy the ones from customgrills or make your own ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Very nice, it looks much better with this mesh added. Is a sheet of this mesh available anywhere in the UK?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hmmm, 40 dollars is alot of money plus you have to include shipping to the UK lol.

·
Registered
912 Posts
meaga-byte said:
hmmm, 40 dollars is alot of money plus you have to include shipping to the UK lol.
Yes! Product $39 Handling $2.50 Shipping $34
Pity someone in the UK doesn't make these. The shipping cost is almost as dear as the product.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is why I made it myself :D

Not gonna pay 40 dollars voor something like that ;)

But they look good, I think even better if they had used the same kind of mesh like I did.
The design of the meshbis a lil outdated

·
Registered
452 Posts
I thought and thought, then decided, at my age, I can´t take it with me when Igo tothe pearly gates, so I ordered the ones from Custom Car Grills.I did read a thread that suggests epoxy is used to bond the little square things to the oval shape, rather than just the adhesivecoating on the unit. It can lift off after some washes!

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes this company actually make mesh grills, for many different makes, plus custom grilles. They sell mesh cut to any size and would probably cut the circles to fit the Juke wine rack with bound edges, if given the specific measurments. In fact I suppose if you really want to stand out from the crowd, I'm sure they could make a replacement for the Juke main front grill in nice shiny stainless steel mesh. Obviously at a price though. http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/stainless-steel-grille-mesh-c483.htmlEdited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
35 Posts
does this affect the temp of the car at all or isthere still enough air coming in ?

·
Registered
912 Posts
No it will not have any effect on the temperature. The holes in the mesh are 3/16th inch square, so no airflow obstruction. Nissan could have quite easily fitted mesh to these openings, which would have looked better than they do without. Left open as they are, there is more chance of stones getting through and maybe causing damage to the bottom half of the radiator.

Can anyone please take some measurments and post up the diameter in inches of the wine rack holes, approx 1" from the outside edge, so that they sit tight inside. I might make some enquiries as to how much it will cost to have three of these round grills made up. Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I will add to what Geoff Juke has said above, before he was a member the wine rack opening where a big issue regarding stone damage Nissan were contacted and responded by saying fitting mesh will reduce the air flow and could affect warranty claims. Now where as I feel this is bo****ks we all know what manufacturers are like so be prepared for a battle should you have need to claim for cooling issues

·
Registered
452 Posts
So, bearing in mind Deks36 remarks, can anybody who has fitted any sort of mesh in the wine rack say if the temp. gauge indicated a higher reading than before??I guess, different people have fitted different size mesh holes, so maybe the question is "questionable?"

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got these ones made by Matt at Custom Grills. Made out of polished aluminium. Didn't fancy the black ones. Wanted something shinythat would stand out to go with my chrome.

I didnt do any drilling. I spot glued them in place with super glue, then fastened them in with Wurth car accessory adhesive. It is black so not noticeable against the bumper and the rubber shield around the aluminium. Just like caulking round the bath tub really.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Looks very professional, especially, as you say, with the chrome accessories, goes very nicely.Well done!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Very nice Hogbos! How much did they cost you plus postage?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts