Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a Stebel Nautilus Ultra Compact horn. Fairly easy if you can crimp/solder spade connectors. It fitts easily behind the centre grill between the original horns.
Make two brackets similar to the photos, I used some old lengths that were around, as they are well hidden it dosent make much difference.
Pop off the grill 4 pop up buttons on top, two lower clips need to put hand down back and lift centre of clip up, pull forward, the top of the grill sits under two rubber bits either side ease out.

unbolt horns and put brackets in place (bit trial and error here)
Connect up the Stebel horn as they will be hidden
-veearth return to original earth connector.
+vepower to relay87 connector.

Connect one wire to original horn and one to earth return (use any horn) use spade piggy back connectors. These wires can be small gauge as they dont carry much amperage (current).
This will operate the relay. Run these wires back to battery area connect to relay connections 85 and 86 any way round..
The other cables should be heavy gauge around 20amp.
Connect -ve side of Stebel to original horn earth return.
Run +ve wire back to battery area connect to relay 87

Connect relay30 to car +ve battery via 15-20amp fuse.
Hold ears and try out = Juke with attitude.
If all ok cable tie wires and relay to original loom. Bit of tape around relay connections to keep water spray off, and some grease over all terminals helps.Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
100 Posts
looks nice! I swapped mine out for some billy no brand ones from japan that replaced the oem ones but sound so much better.
Is this one mega loud?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice Guide.I did the same mod to my Nav. Great Sound from that horn. Soon makes the kids who think they are harder than steel bolt across the road

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It loud enough to have them swear at you, Ive got one on my bike, some **** on his mobile, leaning on his open window,wandering lanes, gave him a blast as I passed, the mobile shot up in the air! It cant compete with a lorry air horn but it does get you noticed. I started fitting loud horns after motoring home late on the M4. Driver in front appeared to nod off. Sounded the horn on my Honda but my feeble toot toot had no affect. He bounced off the central reservation and woke up, luckily just denting the car and no one else.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
The Stebel go for around £25 with relay, loads on flebay, nearly as good as FIAAM air horns louder than the electric but they are scarce these days and this is a lot neater. Have to resize the photos getting the side cut off. Have edited a couple of mistakes and added some extra information.Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'd like a horn you could have 'ringtones' on, and choose one to fit the circumstance, for example:

Wake up, l'il Suzie, wake up
Hey, you, get off my cloud
Don't stand too close to me

Hello, is it me you're looking for (for other Jukesters)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just had a go at fitting one on mine. The DIGT is slightly different (less space and only one horn), going to make a bracket work tomorrow and then fit. Will post pics then.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Made me chuckle - new horn !
I thought what ! extensions to the human body in a car forum.
i thought this went out with the cb radio years ago. But hey ho each to their own.
As for my Horn - filled 4 prams - does the Job !
beep beep.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have to say the horn in the juke is a joke.

You've got this stunning, growly, beastie of a car, and horn that sounds like it's been stolen from a clowns car !!!!!

Toot toot / squeek squeek

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes the Juke horn is a Joke. Might change mine soon. I had a beatiful pair of windtone horns when I had my Kit Car, but they are hard to come by these days.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Finally got round to fitting the horn. Just as Philthunder has posted, I just had to make a bracket to sit the horn in the centre as there is less room on the DIGT

I now have a Honk Honk Awooga!

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi there was the upgrade difficult to do ??....not into wiring mods etc ...can you advise ...kind rgds john

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very easy to do...follow the helpful pics at the beginning of this post:1. remove the pop-in buttons on the top of the grill by prying up the button first, not the outer ring, pull up on the button, then lift out the ring sleeves2. the lower clips on the grill do have release tabs - it's easier to get to them by reaching up from the bottom through the center hole of the lower grill3. once you remove the front grill, it's easy to see the connections...one nut to remove behind each disc horn, pull off/push on spade connectors for power, just replaced the old ones for new ones, used the same stock wiring, did not add any additional relaynew disc type horns will be louder than stock but the same sound/tonetrumpet style horns have a tad lower toneto get really loud, you need something like the previous posters installed http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Disc_horn - http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Disc_horn
Edited by: pedrochin

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's really kind of you to reply.....what is the exact model of horn ? Where did you get from......next upgrade for sure.....kind rgds john

·
Registered
422 Posts
Can't help wondering whether the relay etc is redundant if you just connect the standard horn's wiring to the new one. The standard horn does have heavy duty wiring and surely goes through a relay? The relay in the kit would be fitted if it was a new installation, which it's not, IMO.
If I'm wrong, it will not be the first time, but have installed air horns before and not used supplied relay, just used existing wiring. One has been working for 14 years without melting anything yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HELLA 007424011 Trumpet High-Tone, 12 V, 500 Hz with
Bracket</font>HELLA 007424001 12 V 400 Hz
Low-Tone Trumpet with Bracket </font></font></font>I bought the high and low tones separately from amazon...it was cheaper than getting the kit! (plus I didn't need another relay....just swapping out the horns)</font>

·
Registered
43 Posts
well lets see , got a pait of bosch coming same spec for a tenner..from ebay...lets see ....cheers again for your help john

1 - 20 of 30 Posts