Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just in case you are interested, I bought a shiny Nissan Almera 1999 Jack kit on Ebay (£25)and everything fits perfectly, I just need to find a compatible space saver now

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just as a question does the jack raise high enough to lift the car from the ground?
as for spare mine is from a Qashqai slightly wider and a very snug fit but does the job

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi deks, for awhile I thought you were gonna go ballistic with another "SpareWheel" thread but no.

You can buy a Juke Jack kit on Ebay but for £90. Minedoes lift ok but I guess tightening the handbrake a bit more than usual and a put agearon won't be superfluous. I am still looking for a space saver QQ or other if possible (as per your previous recommendations) but then again it is hard to find (again, £140 on Ebay for a QQ one is ridiculous).

Cheers all, diner is served

·
Registered
873 Posts
Fair point about the jack, the car has to be lifted a LONG way for the wheel to leave the ground, and it's a high car to begin with

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
got my spare off ebay for £50 and it was brand new

oh and the reason I didnt point out the thread is thats fee's job

and it does contain new info ion a type of jack

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all

Quick update. Jacked up the car today to install the mudflaps and it went like a dream, I wonder if the jacks for Nissans are pretty much all the same?!

Cheers

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just did the front ones,because there is a bit of drilling involved underneath you need the jack so I tried all the way up and it is fine. In all it is a relaxing 30 minutes job. Nissan did fit the rear ones because you need to remove the wheels andI couldn't be bothered

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a rim from nissan for £34 this has to be 16 inch,Tyre size T135/90 d16 got this fromlocal tyre fitter had to order it NOT CHEAP COST £90.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update

Got hold of a QQ spare yesterday on Ebay for £60 delivered. Tyre is 145/90/16 but should fit. Deks36, how do you keep yours in place, did you have to buy a screw thingy to stop it from moving?

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts