Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
As some of you have noticed our Jukes have an exhaust system that makes the engine sound like a wind-up tinker toy lol or more precise an electric car.
So i have been thinking of going to HoldCrofts so see about their stainless steel backbox that are doing for the Juke.

Has anyone had this done yet? Or have an opinions and considerations that i should take into account?
I think my main concern is if it would have an effect of fuel economy
and like other replacement back-boxes does it add or subtract to the engine performance? I know the Stillen option adds about 10HP but im not that fussed if the Holdcrofts adds noting, Would be more concerned if it decreased engine performance or MPG.

And i guess the make or break question is: Is it worth the £250?Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you just want it to sound better, why not go for one of the twin tail pipes that are available on Ebay. They won't give you any extra performance, but will give a beefier exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure if just adding a tail piece will give me the sound i want. And i dont think a twin tail will fit with the bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are not particularly concerned about performance gains and are only after a better sound effect then £250 spent on a HoldCroft custom exhaust is an expensive way going about it.I decided that I wanted a little extra "power" and greater torque so that pulling away in 5/6th gear (I have the manual turbo version) would be seemingly effortless. Warranty issue notwithstanding, I have had installed an Injen Cold Air Intake system and custom made turbo-back( down pipe and mid section, viz; the cat back) with 2nd cat deleted and Stillen axle back exhaust. The overall gains ( supported by dyno jet rolling road) is now a healthier 220 hp at the crank shaft ( stock power 187/88 hp at the engine). There has also been a palpable increase in torque and you notice this on the motorway when cruising in 6th gear. I am planning to have one further engine modification which will be the UpRev ECU re flash when that becomes available. This indubitably will result in substantial hp and torque gains.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, your insurance must have gone through the roof.
I guess if im going to be charged for modding the exhaust whether or not it adds performance then i would like it to add a little something to the engine as well. Otherwise you and geof are right and i should just got for a tail-pipe mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.