Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Long time viewer, first time poster.

Had a call from the dealer asking if I wanted to collect the Duke on the 9th of Feb (maybe earlier)or wait until the 1st of March for the new reg.

Has anyone else had the same chat?

Not sure on what to do so asking for any advice.

Jump at the chance or hold off that little bit more?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am in the same dilemma too - thought of calling the dealer to ask them to wait until March, think the only benefit is a psychological one though!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Stevo

If I were you dont read too much into the delivery date as there are loads of delays just now and theres no guarantee of delivery on that date.

If i were you I would wait till after the 1st March for the new reg

Good luck - whatever you decide to do

fee x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True that Tim84,

The problem is leaving the car at the showroom for a month.

If they kept the car inside then I could handle it but I fear the weather in Scotland won't be too kind to the juke if it's left unattended for that lenghth of time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Stevo said:
True that Tim84,

The problem is leaving the car at the showroom for a month.

If they kept the car inside then I could handle it but I fear the weather in Scotland won't be too kind to the juke if it's left unattended for that lenghth of time.
I think wlmg that I bought mine from have a central holding place so maybe your dealer is the same? no way would leave mine in the showroom - when was buying the car two kids came in and started playing in the cars; eventually salesman asked where their parents were and it turned out they were at home, kids just came for a play!

Edited by: Tim84

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Take the car now, they are more likely to sell it elsewhere due to waiting lists.

If your worried about the plate, stick a private on like I have

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Central holding bay would be ideal.

You're right, I wouldn't want it in the showroom but don't want it in the forecourt either.

Leithk1,

believe me the heart is thinking snatch and grab.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lady juke,

I thought about that but after looking at the MPG figures that folk on here are getting for the DIG-T then I won't be able to afford food let alone a private reg.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Stevo - grab the keys and run - a bird in the hand and all that - mine is due first couple of weeks of Feb too (fingers crossed) and I couldnt wait another 3 or 4 weeks if I knew I could get at it sooner

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Stevo - personally I would wait. You have waited all this time, whats another couple of weeks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reckon I can handle the wait.

It would give me time to get the finger out and finally sell my other cars.

Anyone fancy a Golf or BMW to go with their new pride and joy?

£2,200k a pop or two for $4K.

Perfect for all those new Juke owners who don't want their other halves asking for a shot :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stormrider,

Believe me, I'm not one of those people that care about a new reg.

I'm just not sure if the trade-in value after three years would be higher on the new plate.

If there is no difference or any added value then I'd gladly take it when it arrives.

I'll need to quiz the salesman as he gave me a wooly answer on that point.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
technically their should be no dip in value its same age but dealers will find anyway they can to knock you caom p/x time it will in vareably make a small margin of difference but that would also be dependant on when you replace it time wise even a car registered pre dec 30th would be worth marginally less than one registered Jan 2nd
as i say anyway they can they will chip bits of your value.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeh, I would have thought they would look at manufacture date rather than registration period for things like that. As it is likely the car would be built roughly around the same time anyway, and just not registered until 2 weeks later, doubt it would make a difference personally.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
Yeh, I would have thought they would look at manufacture date rather than registration period for things like that. As it is likely the car would be built roughly around the same time anyway, and just not registered until 2 weeks later, doubt it would make a difference personally.
ask your Dad you are right in what you say but the trade now has 3 price bands
March reg's
Sept reg's
and new year

1 - 20 of 31 Posts