Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at the site for last few days and thought I'd register. We too have ordered a Juke Acenta Premium in white and hopfully should arrive December. Was a little confused about a spare wheel! We were told that a wheel doesn't come as standard and we would have to purchase one, however, just had email back from Nissan UK and they say a space saver comes as standard with all Jukes. Suppose we will just have to wait and see - hope the dealer hasn't duped us into buying something we don't need. We haven't had a confirmed delivery date yet, so hope the December idication isn't too far out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi and welcome -quite a few Scots on here, so you'll be in good company.
I'd keep the email from Nissan UK and then demand your "free" spare wheel when your Juke turns up

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the forum ..reckon youve been misinformed about the spacesaver..i have been trying to pick one up on ebay but no luck as yet...dont feel like parting with around £200 to purchase from Nissan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There does seem to be a lot of confusion over a spare wheel! We had read so many different things on forums ant What Car, Autocar, etc we thought we would ask Nissan directly and got our reply this morning. We will see in due course I suppose!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An extract from email we received from Nissan UK today:

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding the Nissan Juke. We can confirm that the Nissan Juke comes equipped with a space saver tyre as standard.

Paul McNally

Nissan Customer Service GB

Here's hoping Paul has given us accurate info.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Am from same area as you SWscot..which dealership are you using ?nearest Nissan dealer to me was in Ayr (in reality probably Belfast). I ended up ordering fromChorley Nissan in Preston, am picking car up tomorrow and will be driving herhome on fri morning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went to Carlisle as it is closer to us but we should maybe have checked out delivery dates a bit more. Hopefully we are still on for some time in December.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome fellow Jock and newbie - have not been on here that long myself - yet already found a wealth of information.

Interesting e-mail from Nissan - picked up my 1.6 Acenta on 28 Sep 10 and found my bottle of tyre repair nestling where I thought the spare tyre should go. Await with interest to see if you get squared away upon collection

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
welcome to the forum SWScotjuke, as already said I would keep that email and then demand my spare, the only Juke fitted as standard with a space saver is the 4x4 all the others come with a can of foam and a pump, If you browse thru posts on here you will discover 2 things, 1 about the lack of spare is a topic much discussed, 2 Nissan customer service haven't got a clue and are useless.
car is worth it thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello and welcome swscotjuke

·
Registered
79 Posts
hello and welcome, i work for a nissan dealer i have bought my other half an accenta sport and if i want a spare wheel i ll have to cough up a couple of hundred quid like everybody else

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Here is part of the response from Nissan Customer Care I received today. Pretty Clear.Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding your Nissan Juke order.The Nissan Juke does not come with heated Mirrors on any grade. The Tekna gradecomes withelectronic folding Mirrors.

The Nissan Juke is not supplied with a spare wheel, however this is available as an optional extra. We would recommend you speak to yourselling Nissan dealer on this matter. Theirsales teamwill be able to assist you with adding this to your order.

I have attached a Nissan dealer list to help you locate your nearest dealer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
12Inchmick said:
I have attached a Nissan dealer list to help you locate your nearest dealer.
like you dont know where a Nissan dealer is how do they think you placed your order

·
Registered
309 Posts
the kits you get for flat tyres are really good these days, so why add the extra weight? Spend the £200 on something else

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
brownjnr said:
the kits you get for flat tyres are really good these days, so why add the extra weight? Spend the £200 on something else
yes like a new tyre as once you have filled it with repair gunk its useless as they cant do anything with so you will have to replace it whereas you could of had it repaired

·
Registered
42 Posts
I remember making the point to the dealer when I got mine that the can of foam was no good if your tyre is in bits at the side of a motorway. I imagine if my tyre was in bits I would probably have a few more problems to worry about.Seriously thinking about a set of run flats though when the tyres do need changing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts