Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.6 Petrol Accenta Premium - White
Hi all, been a few months since I have been on here and I can see the same topics keep cropping up. I have mentioned high revs & rubbish MPG before and most people said I had to let the engine wear in a bit, well, 8 months and 5000miles later, and I'm sad to say, it's all still crap!!
My wife still loves the Juke, I however, am rapidly falling out of love with it, because quite simply, it's costing a bloody bomb to run it.
I am getting less than 300 miles from fill up to fill up, I have tried this twice on all 3 settings and it makes no difference, I never get more than 300 to the tank, and I do not have a heavy right foot. Also, I am getting better economy driving round town than on a long run, long runs suck in a big way....suck juice that is, and lots of it 250 miles to the tank, all motorway, and all around 60mph without using cruise. I think it must be the revs, because they are stupidly high, and we all know a 6th gear would help matters. What I want to know is can anything be done about this, because I'm losing my patience with it, and may well end up flogging the car. I have not contacted dealer yet, will be doing that over the next couple of days, I have been busy evidence gathering so they can't tell me to go away and come back when I've done more miles. The other issue I have, has anyone actually noticed a difference between, ECO Sport & Normal and fuel economy?? Because I haven't, in fact, the only difference I have noticed, is that ECO gives the worst performance (as expected), and the worst fuel economy, now surely something must be wrong there??
Just putting some things out there, respond if you can be bothered, I say that because these topics do come up quite a lot, any help or advicegratefullyreceived
Thanks, Tristan

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Not that this will help but my 850-odd miles so far in the Tekna AWD is giving pretty much the quoted average (which isn't great, but it is what it is).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi.

I have Tekna 1.6 petrol, 190bhp and from Bucharest to Walldorf, 1768 km, I spent 192 euros on fuel.
This was part of a trip I made on 7th and 8th, thus during winter, with AC on. Best was around 6 L/100km, worst was 10.5 l/100km (highway).

It is not an economy car. If I'd needed that, I would have bought a Prius or something. But I really love my car. Really, and I feel very good with it.

Regards,

tom

·
Registered
422 Posts
Juke of Chelmsford said:
1.6 Petrol Accenta Premium - White
Hi all, been a few months since I have been on here and I can see the same topics keep cropping up. I have mentioned high revs & rubbish MPG before and most people said I had to let the engine wear in a bit, well, 8 months and 5000miles later, and I'm sad to say, it's all still crap!!
For all that, it does not seem that you are doing proper mpg calculations, which is not hard and very far from rocket science. "300 miles to the tank" means absolutely nothing to anyone but yourself.

If your 'tank' fill is 35 litres for the 300 miles then that is easily converted to just short of 39mpg. But if your 'tank' fill is 45 litres, it just about exceeds 30mpg, which is not so good for a modern 1.6 supermini, which this essentially is. Driven sensibly I would expect 35 to 40 mpg at best.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to have my intelligence insulted is not why I posted on this site, I posted on this site to see if anybody else is experiencing anything even remotely similar to what I am. Yes, I could have put all of the MPG's, which incidentally, my teeny tiny brain actually did manage to work out (maybe I should work for NASA?), over the last 8 months, maybe that would have made you happier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
190 bhp car returning above 30 mpg sounds ok to me, I traded in my 6 month old 180 bhp Mazda MX5, reason was it was returning an average of 27 mpg, even lower on short trips, most I could get on a steady Eco run was 35 mpg, sort of normal for a sporty sort of petrol engine I was thinking?
I went for the 110 bhp diesel Juke, now that is better on the weekly fuel bill.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, of course it would make sense of your statement. Without the true figures your post is merely a rant confirmed by subsequent replies. Is it so difficult to give us the fill volume and mileage covered or the figures converted to accurate mpg along with driving conditions at the time?

·
Registered
58 Posts
190 bhp car returning above 30 mpg sounds ok to me, I traded in my 6 month old 180 bhp Mazda MX5, reason was it was returning an average of 27 mpg, even lower on short trips, most I could get on a steady Eco run was 35 mpg, sort of normal for a sporty sort of petrol engine I was thinking?
I went for the 110 bhp diesel Juke, now that is better on the weekly fuel bill.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
A) The car display itself tells you the aapproximate mpg
B) Road Trip E App for iPhone works it out, tankfull by tankfull

·
Registered
422 Posts
acrorat said:
A) The car display itself tells you the aapproximate mpg
B) Road Trip E App for iPhone works it out, tankfull by tankfull
Zero one of the trips when first filling then when re-filling note the miles. Divide the litres bought by 4.546 to get gallons and divide the miles by the gallons. Note the MPG and re-set the trip for the new tankful.

It should be fairly near the car's dash computer readout. To check the dash computer, zero the mpg readout before moving off after the mileage trip re-set and compare figures after the next re-fill.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Folks, just to be clear, I have every single one of MPG calculations since new, I have never said I couldn't work it out, I believe that was an assumption, and an attempt to make himself look really impressive to all his cyber friends at my expense on Quackers part! Fair enough, whatever floats your boat i suppose. I have a 1.6 Acenta + Premium, which is non turbo, hence not 190bhp, 117bhp on this beauty. And, for the record, since having my car, the average is 30MPG, pretty horrendous I'm sure you will all agree. Yes My initial post was a rant, but, lets be fair, a lot of the posts on here are just that, this is a forum, a place for people to vent their frustrations and compare notes on the Juke, so let us treat it as such and try helping each other rather thanridiculingpeople because you deem them of less intelligence than yourself. All I want to know is,am I the only person who is less than impressed with his Juke? The trip computer is wrong too, but then they are only supposed to be taken as a guide, but, mine is around 8MPG out each time. So, fingers crossed, I may get some relevant responses now

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The other point to make is this, if I was actually enjoying the car, and by that I mean, having a heavy right foot, and using those oh so high revs, I wouldn't have an issue, but I really am not, snails pace all the way, which kind of says to me, either there is a problem, or quite simply, I have bought the wrong car.

·
Registered
409 Posts
"Zero one of the trips when first filling then when re-filling note the miles. Divide the litres bought by 4.546 to get gallons and divide the miles by the gallons. Note the MPG and re-set the trip for the new tankful."<div style="text-align: left;">I use this method just toconfirmthe dash MPG Reading, both on the Juke and our old Mazda3 Sport.<div style="text-align: left;">I find that the Dash reading is pretty accurate and are getting 28-31mpg, depending on length and type of journey. I am not a slow driver!<div style="text-align: left;">On any car a short trip to the shops or school run will never be economical. I also knew before placing the order, what MPG to expect. So if did not research the purchase before hand,"fail to prepare, prepare to fail" is what I was always told.<div style="text-align: left;">

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks baker, we did loads of research before hand, thats what stopped me buying the diesel, well, that and the fact I probably wouldn't do the mileage in it to warrant the diesel. I am kind of wishing I had bought the turbo one though now, because 28-31 is good for a turbo, but for standard 117bhp its terrible. Have Nissan said anything about high revs or very bad mpg does anyone know???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
reason for saying I possibly regret not buying turbo is because when you buy anything with a turbo, you expect poor mileage, so can't really moan, but when you buy the sensible version, you expect a little more

·
Registered
230 Posts
What sort of trips are you doing? 5000 miles in 8 months is fairly low to average and may imply lots of short trips, possibly in stop-start traffic? (Especially as you mentioned not buying the diesel)

I know modern diesels don't reach their optimum MPG until 10,000+ miles, golf's were 20,000 plus.... I don't know about the petrol models.

Speak to the garage, who knows the handbrake may be stuck on slightly and dragging......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Blue, will be calling them tomorrow. Lots of variations in my type of journeys, deliberately have done it that way so we can build evidence to present dealership with, which we now have. Some have been short trips, but some very long ones too, done some using only motorway & A roads, others using country roads, in towns etc, as I say, have done lots of variations, and nothing seems to make a bit of difference.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Maybe get them to lend you another one for a week so you can drive same roads etc and see if any difference?
They could then drive yours and see how they felt it went....

Has anybode else on here with the same engine suggested what they get MPG wise?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Am I glad I went Diesel, My Wifes petrol Corsa returns 42mpg in winter and 46mpg in summer and thats on a 5 mile work journey, on a run she can get 48mpg, very boring car though. I have mentioned this before but have you checked your tyre pressures? mine where under inflated by as much as 10psi.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts