Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , got a letter from bristol st motors in darlington offering all new nissans at cost price plus a pound . so i went down yesterday to buy a juke visia 1.5 diesel . they came back with a price of £14,645 . which i said is full retail price that nissan and all other dealers charge ,

to cut a long story short they came back with £14,300. which they claim is cost price . does anyone know what the cost price is . i found it hard to believe that they only make a few hundred pounds on a 14 grand deal .

thanks for your time .

love thr juke , currently drive a 09 micra diesel

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I had the same offer last year when I called the dealer they said the Juke was exempt from the offer so I kicked off with them and eventually they agreed to do it at cost cant remember full figures but think I saved around £900 . According to the 4 dealers I have asked the margin(profit) dealer has is around 5%

hope this helps

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for that , i have just pm , nissan motors on here to see if they can help,

i found the same juke i wont for sale for £13,559.

www.orangewheels.co.uk/buy/nissan-juke

so i am thinking if they can sell it for that price and make a profit , cost price must be lower . might be wrong .

i feel that its just a marketing scam to get you in then they wear you down so you give in .and pay full price or what they claim is cost price.

i think nissan motors should be aware of these offers and unless they are genuine they should not be bale to offer them

thanks again
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
You Are wrong orange wheels are agents that dealers make supply offers to the dealer will sell the odd car at a loss to get the figures for registrations he needs to get his target bonus,
what a dealer does and is not an issue Nissan can do anything about as each dealers is independant

as for the offer all the dealers do this is a marketing ploy to get people in its not illegal, it may not be right but then their are plenty of offers out there that are not right like the permanent sale all the furniture stores seem to have.
At the end of the day if you are not happy with the price then go elsewhere thats why their are dealers out there. Although if everyone starts by cars online from agents selling them below cost then soon there will be no dealers to go and nowhere to take cars for service/warranty work.
in my opinion its about manufacturers put a block on these sellers as they do not have to cover the costs of having premises and associated costs that the dealer incurs in providing a service and if the dealer cant sell cars because of online agents it wont be long before the dealer shuts up shop and customer has nowhere to take his car

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The main use of online quotes for me was to beat the dealer down to a mutually acceptable halfway price.

In addition to the very important after-sales services, local dealers employ local people, and further local industry is thus supported. If I'm going to shell out my hard cash, I'd prefer it to go close to home.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Orange wheel are quoting an accenta premium £14,161..I paid £14,645 from my local dealer, with 3 years servicing (£250) + gap insurance + guardx treatment+ tank of fuel & I got the car in 4 days.. I really felt the dealer did his best for me..

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can tell youcategoricallythat all cars have at least 10% in them minimum and then there is Volume bonuses on top - this is to dealers! I know this to be true as I have friends in the trade.
If you were to buy a Peugeot 508 1.6 Diesel (2 reps at work wanted them) they were list with the options at £22440 and 3 different dealers offered 20% off at 18,695 for one car! and another one offered a further £300 per car if he got both, they both have short lead times as well.
what you can glean from this is up to you to decide, but the 5% I got off My Juke was the best that a very popular car with more demand than product available.

I doubt Nissan will ever increase production as high demand is keeping margins higher that average.You don't get much discount on the iPhone or iPad for the same reasons.
Premium brands can be hard to get discount from but I haveregularlyhad 10% from BMW 12% from Audi and most other VAGroup cars when sourcing them for work.
Supply and demand!!!
Look at broadspeeds website for a guide to
Edited by: Benzyl

·
Registered
912 Posts
As most of you may know, we are having our car through the Motability Scheme, but as far as I know, they get a special deal from the manufacturer, as all models and specs are a set price, no matter which dealership you go to. Some manufacturers do better deals with Motability than others. One of the best makes to go for, for pricing is Vauxhall, as they were one of the first manufacturers tosign up to the Scheme. Ford also do a good deal.

I could have had a Qasquai Tekna, cheaper than the Juke. The reason the Juke through the Motability Sceme costs a bit more, is because of it being a newly introduced model. I don't know what the ceiling price is aimed at for a Motability car, with nil deposit, but it must be close on £15,000. I could have had the Juke Visita 1.6 petrol for nil deposit and the Accenta 1.6 petrol for £299 deposit. The Accenta 1.5 dti would have been £799 deposit.
We have gone for the Accenta 1.6 petrol Premium pack for £799 deposit, the diesel with the same spec or the 1.6 petrol turbo would have been £1299 deposit. It all depends on the model and spec as far as the Motability Scheme works. One of the dearest manufactures to deal with through the Motability Scheme is Volkswagen, as there is not much discount with any of the VW range. A bog standard Golf needs an up front deposit of£1600 at top spec golf and you have to find over £5,000. You can get an Astra 2 litre Sri for £449deposit, so itjust shows on what make or model you prefer. Had our share of Vauxhaulls, so we are having a Nissan Juke for a change.Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
78 Posts
Benzyl, with respect you are wrong. Nissan Juke, all models have a dealer margin of 5%. IF all quarter targets are hit (sales, customer service, Nissan standards etc etc) then Nissan will release additional money. Certainly nowhere near 10%.

·
Registered
133 Posts
@datsundealer you and I will agree to disagree on this one. I don't believe any car dealer could survive on 5% margins in the long term, if you take the DiG-T Tekna in Haptic I got the 5% discount or as you say margin is only £766
that wouldn't even cover one sales persons wage for a month, let alone the rest of the staff.
This would mean you would need to sell a lot (a lot) of cars at all times to keep in business.
I know for a fact that the dealer that is to supply those 508's is making money even with 20% off the price as the other dealers came back with lower prices to get one car each

·
Registered
78 Posts
Benzyl,I can't speak for Peugeot, but I assure you the dealer margin on Juke is 5%. As I stated there is "back end money" if all targets/standards are met. There are some dealers that will blow the margin out of the water in order to do a deal, usually that deal is the one needed to reach a target and could therefore earn the dealer thousands, so can justify showing a loss on one car. For clarity, the salesperson will of course have a basic and will get paid on GAP, Paint Protection, finance and some get a percentage of accesories. People are usually surprised at how little profit there is for the dealer in new cars. More money can be made from used cars and the most profitable department in most dealerships is the service department.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts