Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all I have ordered a 1.6 normallyaspiratedAcenta with Sports Pack in Gun colour with Gun CentreConsole, got a good price for my Mini Clubman here in the Northwest of England.Delivery end of September really hardDecision to get dig-t or not many factors made me not, head ruled heart in the end, hope Idon'tregret it not to get dig-t time will tell.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Welcome Juke10

When did you order and when is your estimated delivery??? I know you said late September but were they more precise??

Engine choice is purely personal and good on you for your choice... its never easy making that final decision....

I dont know if the 1.6 is exactly the same engine as on the Qashqai but if it is - i feel the 1.6 lugging the QQ around is underpowered HOWEVER, the Juke is a smaller/lighter car and hopefully this will make a big difference

Keep us posted when you do get delivery - look forward to seeing your first report

Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank-youall for your comments Valy 63 you may just be right time will tell but still on my mind otherwise Iwouldn'tmention it
Martinhold As you say its what use it for I will do approx 13000 miles per year one factor thus miles per gallon plus all the speed cameras lol temptation and I drive fairly sedately so Turbomaybea whim.
Fee Fee good points made I too hope the smaller Juke will make the car fairperformanceas you say never easy the choice with engines delivery date 28 th September

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fee Fee forgot to say Engine on 1.6 non turbo is re-worked from Qashqai more BHP and cleaner and more MPG if you google the engine it will tell you all about it andtechnicaldetails

·
Registered
329 Posts
juke10 said:
Fee Fee forgot to say Engine on 1.6 non turbo is re-worked from Qashqai more BHP and cleaner and more MPG if you google the engine it will tell you all about it andtechnicaldetails
Remember speaking to the guy in Nissan Aberdeen about the Juke 2 months ago and arranging to view on the Dealer viewing day.

The salesman said "I hope its not got the QQ 1.6 engine in it, cause that engine came out of the Almera originally, so its been around for years".

Looks like its an old lump we are getting then!

I dont mind, my last few cars have been:

BMW 120D M Sport
Mk5 Golf GTI
BMW 320D M Sport
And currently, an Auris SR180.

So, my last 4 cars have all had between 175 and 200bhp, so how do you think Im gonna cope when my 1.6 Juke arrives!!

TBH, Im changing jobs to a job where I can now walk to work, so I will hardly be driving the Juke.
That was my main reason for going for the 1.6 - pointless paying a premuim for diesel or turbo for a car that will do around 5k a year!

Andy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Andy

I agree with most however its my understanding that the engine has been reworked by the engine makers http://www.aichikikai.co.jp/english/index.htmlincreasing BHP to 117 duel injectors and better mpg I cant comment on Almera, so I was dissapointed if you prove to be correct when I read your comments with regard to engine. This a lively introduction for me to this forum see you all around

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi matey -

Looks like the enginehas been around for a few years, although its not the same as the Almera one = my dealers a fool!

The 1.6 engine in the Juke is a breathed on version of theHR16DE which is currently used as follows:

The HR16DE is a 1.6L straight-4 engine. It produces 110 to 114 PS (81 to 84 kW; 108 to 112 hp).

Bore: 78.0mm (3.07in); Stroke 83.6mm (3.29in); Capacity: 1598 cc

It is fitted to the following vehicles:
<UL>
<LI>Nissan Micra K12 Sport SR & 160SR
<LI>Nissan Micra C+C
<LI>Nissan Wingroad
<LI>Nissan Note
<LI>Nissan Cube (In Europe)
<LI>Nissan Tiida (In China , Thailand and Global Oversea Market)
<LI>Nissan Qashqai (115hp, 160nm )
<LI>Nissan Latio (In Malaysia)
<LI>Nissan Grand Livina (In Malaysia)
<LI>Nissan Versa (USA, base model sedan only)
<LI>Nissan NV200 </LI>[/list]

So, as its been in the Micra 160SR, then we know its at least 5 years old.
Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi

Another concern I have is the loss of power on the 1.5Dci - on the Qashqai forum there have been numerous discussions about the introduction of the DPF on the 1.5 Dci and although the output has increased to 110 from 105 - its been noted that there was a noticeable decrease in power from the engine.

Thats a bummer as the 1.5 Dci in the Qashqai is a fab engine and I was hoping that with the JUKE weighing less and being smaller, there might be more oomph... However, I am not so sure now - will just have to wait and see.

Fee

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm sure you will love and will be so excited when you go to pick it up from the dealership! If we purchase one it will seem like a porsche lol as we went from a 1.6 mini down to a 1.3 Yaris and now hopefully back to a 1.6 Juke.

Ali

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Andy yes breathed on is good expression like your style
must say I love the engine in my Mini Clubman new to BMW in 07 but love the look of the Juke and not going to pay mini prices anymore have you seen the Countryman prices before extras that are standard on Juke one thing a misswithJuke is stop start system great idea I think regards

M

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Juke10.
Personally, the non-aspirated engine isn't for me, but I'm used to the likes of a Golf GTI, Scirocco etc. I've currently got a Leon Diesel that I find too slow so its each to their own! I wouldn't worry about the age of an engine though. Audi/VW have used their 2.0T petrol engine for years in a variety of cars and have reworked it a number of times, most recently in the "R" series GTI & Scirocco. I think its a 10 year old engine, but its still a cracker. Rover had a V8 that was in production for over 30 years and Jag I think had a V12 that was in production for almost 50 years! I'm sure if you're expectations are right and you can live with an engine that will be adequate rather than quick, you'll be fine. The Juke isn't going to be a quick car or hot hatch in whatever guise. Its about styling and image rather than a lightening quick ride. If you want a quick car, stick with a Cooper S. The missus had one and they are like the proverbial bat out of ****

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
chris78 said:
Rover had a V8 that was in production for over 30 years and...
The Rover v8 engine is legendary! the burble it makes, I still associate the sound of it with fond memories of my dads 5.0ltr chimera ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts