Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Ordered a basic Accenta 1.6 petrol manual on 9th October - told delivery would be late October (but put November on order 'to be on the safe side')

Rang dealer (sales manager) yesterday (25th) to check delivery and was told the computer was down and he would ring back. Never rang back so my wife rang this evening and was told January 25th! When she queried this he said that we should should never have been quoted Oct/Nov.

The saleseman, at the time, claimed he checked with his sales manager (presumably the guy we've been talking to) regarding delivery times. It feels to me like they forgot to order it with Nissan when we ordered it. Don't know what the situation is re VAT as it was too late for me to call him back.

All in all I'm not a happy bunny! Anyone got any info about what date I shopuld have been quoted. At the moment I'm 90 percent on the way to telling them where to go.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
sounds to me like they didnt order it at the time after all its is only a basic one and that wait surely cant be right i would ring round a few other dealers localish or even further a field see what they got or can do

·
Registered
575 Posts
Most of the standard petrol cars are coming through quite quickly so that sounds odd? If you ring round a few dealers, there should be a cancelled order out there somewhere

·
Registered
659 Posts
Try to et it from somewhere else as suggested above. That does sound like a c0ck-up at the dealership. Naughty. Or stage a sit-in and negotiate a big discount.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ordered a DIG-T on 1 Oct and was told late Nov build with delivery early Dec. I asked about the VAT increase if it went into Jan and the dealer said that Nissan would not absorb the increase. At the moment I'm just hoping that I get mine before Jan. If it does go into Jan then I shall be looking for Nissan or the dealer to do something to help.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It could be that they are not producing that many of the blue, given that it does not seem to be that many peoples first colour choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silverjuke said:
It could be that they are not producing that many of the blue, given that it does not seem to be that many peoples first colour choice.
Fair point, but given the excellent service some people have received, I would have thought the dealer should have contacted me. They didn't return one call and it was four hours returning the last call - call me cynical, but I'm a bit suspicious!

I've emailed Nissan Customer Services for their observations,
Edited by: jukes

·
Registered
754 Posts
When you next go in to the dealer ask to see the vehicle order form, that will show you the order date.
I ordered on 31 August originally and the order form showed 3 Sept. The dealer said they had been trying to pick up a cancelled order for me in that time and only then ordered 3 days later and that was why my delivery date slipped from September.

·
Registered
69 Posts
fippenyjuke said:
I ordered a DIG-T on 1 Oct and was told late Nov build with delivery early Dec. I asked about the VAT increase if it went into Jan and the dealer said that Nissan would not absorb the increase. At the moment I'm just hoping that I get mine before Jan. If it does go into Jan then I shall be looking for Nissan or the dealer to do something to help.

I think that is very suspicious that you were given the date of December when ordered at the beginning of October even though the DIG-t was delayed to at least end of November for those who had already ordered. How many dealers have been giving false expectations?
I ordered 20th June and now have a date of 8th December but hoping it will be brought forward.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was told by a dealer yesterday the DIG-T's won't be in this country before 2011 due to too much demand and that modelbeing made in Japan rather than Sunderland.
Hope he is wrong and yours is on the way,

·
Registered
129 Posts
jackstini said:
I was told by a dealer yesterday the DIG-T's won't be in this country before 2011 due to too much demand and that modelbeing made in Japan rather than Sunderland.Hope he is wrong and yours is on the way,
It's only the 4WD model that's being made in Japan. 2WD DiG-Ts are assembled in Sunderland and are being distributed to the rest of Europe with no problem. The UK models are delayed because an alarm has to be retrofitted to satisfy insurance group requirements.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An update on my original post. The dealer is insisting that they made a mistake on the delivery date - only 3 months out! He said they would honour the VAT rate. My trade in price would be ok because it is based on the January value - makes no sense at all to me. He also pointed out that they had mistakenly included 3 years servicing and RAC on my order, but would knock £100 off the £250 price because of the 'misunderstanding'. Told him where to stick the order! This has left a nasty taste in my mouth - I'm now sticking with my present car until I calm down!
Edited by: jukes

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't blame you. That's atrocious. Either be prepared to travel and go to another dealer or have a total rethink. VERY VERY bad luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jukes said:
An update on my original post. The dealer is insisting that they made a mistake on the delivery date - only 3 months out! He said they would honour the VAT rate. My trade in price would be ok because it is based on the January value - makes no sense at all to me. He also pointed out that they had mistakenly included 3 years servicing and RAC on my order, but would knock £100 off the £250 price because of the 'misunderstanding'. Told him where to stick the order! This has left a nasty taste in my mouth - I'm now sticking with my present car until I calm down!
Hi All

This is my final post! Ordered a new Fiesta 1.6 Titanium on Saturday - delivery in 3 weeks. Have now gone from potentially being gawped at to invisible! At least the new car exists!

Whenever I see a Juke (and I haven't yet) I will wonder if it's one of you. If you see a black Fiesta it's 99% certain it won't be me! Glad to see that the Jukes' are getting delivered, I really hope you all have fun in your new cars. Maybe in 3 years I'll be back on here telling you about my Juke mk3 order (from a different dealer!)

All the very best, Dave

(off to find a Fiesta forum!)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Don't blame you. Nissan could learn a lot from Ford. The missus got her brand new Fiesta in less than a week. Its a lovely car, you'll enjoy yours

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had to wait months for my Fiesta when the new model was launched - the saga was very similar to that reported by people on this forum - which just goes to show that all manufacturers can have problems keeping up with demand. I didn't really like it when I eventually got it, hence changing it for a Juke after less than a year

·
Registered
367 Posts
It is annoying when new models come out but it was the same when we first got our mini - had a 5month wait.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Jukes -

Happy Driving in your new Fiesta!!!! - I must confess I had considered the Fiesta but my hubby didn't want to look at it..

pop in sometime and let us know how you're getting on

All the Best

Fee x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts