Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Help! Tools in boot?

14K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  jukearmy 
#1 ·
Hi

Picked my car up yesterday.

Can someone take a pcture of the area under the floor of the boot.

I appear to be missing tools ( holes with nowt in them)?

Can someone tell me what i should have in the boot floor area?

Thanjs

#2 ·
When you mean tools are you referring to the tyre changing tools? If you have the Tekna CVT they are standard if you have another model these are a optional extra.

#6 ·
There is nothing in the first tray but if you look under the one below it- there is a bottle of GUNK that goes in to inflate the tyre in an emergency - thats about it.

As mentioned before you can purchase a spacesaver kit for the juke including your brace and all that malarkey.

If I were you - purchasespacesaver - If you use the tyre inflation stuff - you'll need to buy a new tyre...

Fee x

#9 ·
Hi Ikduncan

I purchased a space saver with tools when I ordered the car at a cost of £190 that included the tyre, hope that helps, I wouldn't use the Gunk it will right off your tyre

For the price I got the wheel with tyre, jack & wheel brace
Regards
Digiscoop

#11 ·
#14 ·
yep ... the main Nissan Agent in every country, place their orders and choose specs to the needs of that particular country...... (I know this bec I made the query myself, asking why we get a spare wheel and in the UK not.) ......... bec. after all ours come from the Sunderland factory too.

For example,cruise control seems to be a basic spec, as we still got it in our Juke models .............. and believe me we really do not need it here.Edited by: lorrfal

#16 ·
If you have a spare it has to be road legal. It's not law to have a spare. When the Lotus Elise first came out it had different size wheels on the front compared to the back so no spare option (unless you want to carry two spares.The Juke comes with RAC cover, or Valet parking as it can be called

#17 ·
Hiya Guys - a bit of info

There was an announcement on the Qashqai Club that all future Qashqais will now no longer have a spare wheel - they'll have tyre inflation kits instead.

therefore if you are thinking about looking for a QQ spare wheel on the internet - they will soon be like hens teeth and the prices will go up

Get in early!!!!

Fee xEdited by: feefeeglasgow

#21 ·
Through gritted teeth I finally ordered all the stuff needed in case I get a flat tyre. The gunk stuff is no good whatsoever if, like me, you have a puncture in a place that is not legal to be repaired (ie a ffflippin large screw sticking on the wall edge of the tread) AND I couldn't get the wheel off - no brace, no jack, yadda yadda... anyway...

I REALLY researched this and the best price I could get for the package (yes, not going for all individual bits), all nissan parts, forwheel, tyre, car jack, brace and rod - oh and the 80 km sticker for the wheel... was £184.17 inc., however, the garage apologised in advance that they were so busy that day they hadn't had chance to put the tyre on the wheel; I didn't care... I went over to our local tyre place, he put it on for FREE! - what a very nice guy, but he gave me the following info, thought I'd put it out there for comments?

Keep the compressor in the car. It'll inflate any of your tyres that need topping up, always handy.
Keep the gunk in the car too, you never know if you get two flat tyres... unlikely, but could happen
Also he said the gunk WON'T ruin your tyre, he said that was in the old days when this stuff first started coming out and being used, but these days the stuff blocks the hole as a temporary measure, it doesn't wreak your tyre and render it unuseable...

hmmmm, nissan comments on their gunk perhaps?....

#24 ·
Thetruth is many tyre companies will say they can't fix it because they can't be bothered to clean the tyre out.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">It's a good excuse to make more profit by fitting a new tyre

#25 ·
@ lorrfal
Yes that is what we get here in Malta regarding sparewheel and jack. You can see what
do you suppose to have in the Juke's Manual. I have checked this out and all the necessary
tools are there.

I would like to ask all the UK buyers, How much will it cost you to buy the spare wheel and jack
and the other tools?

Apart from this, here in Malta we don't pay for the type of colour we choose. I have noticed from
the UK Nissan that the basic colour is white, but if you have to choose a different colour the price
goes up by 500 sterling?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.