Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Please help.

I have just washed and dried marmajuke - 9 days old. and have notice on my left front bumper the paintwork is very odd. It looks bubbled with black circles (looks like loads ofverucas), but it is smooth. Could they be a problem with the paintwork?

Not spoken to dealer yet,wanted some advice beforeI ring them.

Any help appreciated.Edited by: marmajuke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
take it back if not happy if it doesnt match the rest of the car or other bumper its probably not right

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Had car back at dealers today. There is a flaw in the paintwork. They have totake pics under a special light and send thento Nissan HQ who will then authorise a repair.Got to wait for a call tomorrow from there servicing dept to arrange pics

·
Registered
309 Posts
what a joke! How did that pass inspection? Hope it all get sorted...your reference to verucas made me chuckle though!

·
Registered
555 Posts
hopefully it will be sorted soon.
On how did it escape inspection, well pretty easily tbh. Its a visual inspection by a human / humans and depending on the light angle they look at it - it can be overlooked.The black rings / veruca type marks sounds like silicon as got in there somehow. Silicon and paint worst enemies ...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. The garage said they would sand down and repaint the front bumper. Will just have to wait and see the results. Its booked in for next Tuesday 26th.They have to get pics to HQ for authorisation so could take at least a week or two with the bank hols. Just hope I get a decent courtesy car.I did request a juke but they don't have one

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either would be amazing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Car has been in and found the same on the passenger door. Now waiting for Warranty claim to be authorisedbefore the work is commenced. Still love him though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
In my opinion, they are so pressured with production demands.... hence the faults found.
I too had complained with my local dealer about the paintwork, with an imperfection found on the boot .... and now... another paint issue between the wing and front bumper.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have now got further "blistering" on the back bumper and back panel between petrol cap and lights. Dealer is requesting a nissan paint tech to look at it to advise them how to repair. Not too happY but what can I Do?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I would not worry about it being resprayed, my tailgate was done with less than 500 miles on the clock due to a scratch its not about re paint its about the quality so insist its done by a quality garage not a cheapy back street job
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Deks. Will wait and see what the paint tech says.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Back bumper

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Panelat back drivers side between petrol cap and back lights

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Passenger door. Best I could get.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At last managed to get some pics of paint defects. Front bumper was a no go due to reflection. Best way to describe it is a blister. I have loads of it on these 4 panels and more being found. Car is in this Wednesday for respray. Fingers crossed it gets sorted.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts