Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help.. I've hadmy beautiful white Juke for a few wks, I got into my car today & noticed that there are scratches on the radio display & a few of the buttons below this

I've no idea how this has happened, perhaps my ring or key has rubbed against the surface, but my main concern is to get this fixed asap.

Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone know of a product that I could use to repair my baby ?All suggestionswould be verywelcome.

Thank you,

Maureen Edited by: Wildflower

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately the internal plastics are very cheap and scratch easily.
I cleaned the speedo plastic cover with a lens cloth and it somehow managed to scratch it to bits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree the plastics do seem to scratch very easily. I've got several scratches on the plastic in the boot and all it's had in is the Sainsburys shopping. You can definitely tell they've cut costs compared with say VW (last car was a golf). I just hope the mechanics are good quality and the Juke's will be reliable. If so, the plastics I can overlook.

The parcel self at the back is an absolute joke and was designed by a moron.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Meguiars Plast RX Car Plastic Bodywork Scratch Remover try this product and see if it removes it.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
through fear of stating the obvious, rocks you are in the wrong job, you really need to open up a detailing shop/garage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the advice everyone

When I was online looking at different options I read about Meguiars Plast R -X plastic scratch & blemish remover on e-bay. Seller has his own valet company and I was able to e-mail him to ask his opinion.

He seems to think this will workbut said touse this product with caution ( amount & technique
)...so I will purchase this today & let you all know if this is a success asap.

Many thanks

Maureen

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hello Wildflower,
With any product you are unsure of using try it on an area that is out of sight first, then when you fee comfortable on how it works then use it on the damaged area.Hey Deks,Maybe one day I'll do this for a living, but at the mo its my hobby/OCD
. I have a friend bring over a 10 year old x-type Jag on Saturday for a full paint polish/restore, may post some pics if it turns out well. If it doesn't I'll deny I ever touched it

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Jukester said:
Unfortunately the internal plastics are very cheap and scratch easily.
I cleaned the speedo plastic cover with a lens cloth and it somehow managed to scratch it to bits.
same thing happened to my speedo cover, thought I must have used sand paper by mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts