Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***Need examples of similar cases to prove to Nissan that this is a common fault!***

I bought a 1.2 Petrol in 2015 which has been in the garage more times than I can remember. There have been issues with the oil consumption, it has needed the timing chain replaced, had software updates twice and now needs a full engine replacement at 20,000. Nissan want me to contribute towards the cost because it is out of warranty which I think is bang out of order because from the research I have already done, it is clear it is a common fault. I have paperwork of the exact same car two weeks younger than mine which had to have an engine replacement just last month. I have already been through these forums and found several similar cases but could you please share if you have had similar issues with a Petrol Juke!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I appear to be having the same issues. Just been told I need a new engine on a 2014 juke 2.1 which has done 22000 miles and needed a new timing chain after I reported loss of oil and a new software update at 3rd annual service . Now told I new engine and it has gone to Nissan to see if they will authorise work. I am obviously very worried as to what I can do if they refuse . Any advise would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have same issue I am willing to share, join forces to try and get Nissan to listen to all the complaint s and address the issues that they have been aware of since 2015 and yet still sell there cars as I had mine Oct 2015

·
Registered
2 Posts
***Need examples of similar cases to prove to Nissan that this is a common fault!***

I bought a 1.2 Petrol in 2015 which has been in the garage more times than I can remember. There have been issues with the oil consumption, it has needed the timing chain replaced, had software updates twice and now needs a full engine replacement at 20,000. Nissan want me to contribute towards the cost because it is out of warranty which I think is bang out of order because from the research I have already done, it is clear it is a common fault. I have paperwork of the exact same car two weeks younger than mine which had to have an engine replacement just last month. I have already been through these forums and found several similar cases but could you please share if you have had similar issues with a Petrol Juke!
I am in the same position. I have a 2016 1.2 petrol and have had nothing but problems. I have now been informed that it requires a new engine at 17000 miles!! Nissan are saying that I have to pay as I was late on a service. There is clearly a fault with the engine and I was told that a part had been fitted incorrectly. I cannot understand why Nissan have not recalled this vehicle.
The service I have had from Nissan has been diabolical, do not hold your breath when they say they will get back to you. I am stuck as I cannot afford a new engine so have a 2 and a half year old car that is next to useless. Shocking customer service by Nissan and they should be ashamed of themselves for duping the public like they have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there - i am the same i have a 1.2 petrol and they are telling me the same my has done 39000 within 2 years they are telling me they dont have any issues with the car they are replacing the engine they say as good will but i have to pay for the labour - although the fault with the car is it was drinking oil and there was no warning lights so i am not happy and thinking about taking this further looking for me people to come forward

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, we are in the same position too, we have a 65 plate Juke bought in October 2015 which has made a rattling noise since we had it from new. We have paperwork from throughout the three year period where we have taken the car in to be looked at due to the noise, on each occasion we were sent away and told there was no issue. What feels like the minute we are out of warranty, the issue has conveniently been diagnosed as the timing chain. The case has been ‘sent to nissan’ to decide what they want to do (a statement I resent - as far as I’m concerned I’m AT Nissan, but lovely that everyone can step away from the issue). The launguage used today by our local Nissan service centre has become much more aggressive, clearly trying to move the blame onto us, informing us the car was low on oil when they looked at it last week - something that was not mentioned at the time and furthermore oil was filled up a week prior. We are preparing for war but are so incredibly frustrated with the treatment we have received after purchasing a new car.
Has anyone had any joy in getting the issue resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another tale......

Hello,

I have posted before, but just to reiterate. I have a 2016 1.2 dig-t juke, in May 2018 the engine was replaced, it had been in previously in Jan due to leaking oil but I was told it was the rocker cover. In May it was losing a lot of oil still, so I sent it back in.

Initially they were to rebuild the engine but it was discovered it was too far gone so it was replaced. This was all done under warranty, it did take a long time and Nissan provided a hire car. What I will say is I got more help dealing with Nissan direct rather than the garage.

Since the engine was replaced I was also given an additional years warranty, I had done about 35,000 when the engine was replaced.

There are issues all over forums regarding the timing belt and engine, also in other Nissan cars such as the pulsar etc.

I have lost my faith in the reliability of the car even with an extra years warranty. It has just been serviced so I will be keeping an eye on the oil as I have already topped it up myself once.

I did ask about engine problems and advised there was a lot of forum posts but was told they weren’t aware of any known issues.

I’ll keep a closer eye on these forums in case I can be of help to anyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have issues with timing chain. I bought car 5 months ago ('67 plate) and 11,000 on clock. Nissan wont cover it under the warranty. What can I do? Feeling so anxious about this and desperately seeking advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody,
just have a look at Facebook, it's starting to be a big scandal in France...> Casse Moteur Renault/Nissan
Do not hesitate to join the facebook groups to unite the victims of all the countries, there are in France, in Belgium, in Spain, in United Kingdom, in Romania, in Germany...

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those who have distribution chain problems, this is only a consequence of a degradation of the engine, it is not the cause.

These engines suffer from several design flaws.

Renault and Nissan know it since 2015 (Nissan Technical Bulletin TB EM 15/05 & Renault Actis Solution 10575) :
https://casse-moteur-renault.weebly.com/docs.html

The first symptoms are abnormal oil consumption, engine noise, loss of power...
For Euro 6 engines, products from 2016 to 2018, a reprogramming of the ECU (Engine Calcul Unity) has been applied but this seems to have the effect of diluting the gasoline in the oil.

The problem does not stop with engines 2012-2016 but with all the production from 2012 to 2018, cases of engine break already existing on the engines Euro 6 ;
https://casse-moteur-renault.weebly.com/cas_litiges_plaintes.html

In case of abnormal oil consumption, ECU reprogramming is generally ineffective. I advise you to request a cylinder compression test.

These engines equip more than a million vehicles, we know for sure that thousands of engines have already broken. The biggest breaks yet to come ...

If you want to know more do not hesitate to contact me in private message ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughters car is a 2015 1.2 petrol and she has just been quoted £1250 by an independent repairer to replace the timing chain and tensioner. Will have to get it repaired because she needs it for work but will take it up with Nissan uk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need examples of similar cases to prove to Nissan that this is a common fault!

Hi my 1.2 Juke today went in because of rattling they said I need a new timing chain and blamed poor oil causing it to damage they agreed repair it stating it’s a 2k job if I cough up £400 for a service , new filter pump surely that’s not right ? Any help be grateful
How did u get on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need examples of similar cases to prove to Nissan that this is a common fault!

Got same problem like your. Please Let Me know if need any help. Now fight with customer service now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts