Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up one morning and found this on my drive.

Pre production Nissan juke 1.6 turbo. This is the car that was/is to be featured in car magazine. Also appered at a few shows and promo shoots.

Should have it for the next 6 months on and off before it's scrapped.

More pictures and stuff laterEdited by: The-juke

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah scrapped it can't be sold as it's pre production and to be honest it been hammered since day one it doesn't sound to good at the minute. It's did nearly 600 mile on the test track.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think one of the reasons these Jukes are not being used for test drives at the dealer preview events, is because they are pre-production vehicles only.

Some peopleclaim theyhave had a test drive at a preview somehow (who said bribe?
)
but as pre-production cars things like the roof lining, centre console etc etc are bound to come loose.

Some Juke buyers inJapan are complaining about the harsh ride in their Jukes.How are you finding yours - do you need the services of a masseur/chiropractor after a while?

(Extra cushioning seems to be the DIY answer in Japan)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
tragic to scrap it , looks good though ,how much to come and have a test drive

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ride is harsh. However i was up at otterburn at the weekend i can see why. The steering is very light and if you get it in the wrong gear you get horrible turbo lag however its all good once you understand how it drives and you learn how to use the new turbo engine. You can feel the back end stick and hunker down when taking corners fast which is nice. If anyone is interested im currently getting 27mpg in sport mode. The car has been tracked and abused since day one as well.
Edited by: The-juke

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
sounds good m8 ,27's not brilliant but you know what to expect with a turbo

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
bit of an awkward decision for us ,the cars for my wife and she only does short trips to work so the diesels are out due to dpf's on them but she dont need a turbo so the 1.6 standard would be my choice for her

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
i have a new qashqai with the non dpf engine ,there supposed to be putting a 2.2 turbo lump in them soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 1.6 non turbo is a great engine. I've had micra, notes and kumquats with it in and they were all good....the micra 160sr was the best though.

the turbo is a nuts engine. Its designed as a replacement for the old SR20DET. It should see its way into a few cars over the next couple of years....hopefully the next S16 Silvia/200sx

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
never heard it called a kumquat before

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

I am well jealous

What was your neighbours reaction to the Juke sitting in your drive???

Have you driven a 1.5 DCi??

Its tragic to scrap it but like any demonstrator people dont take care of it and rev the guts out of it. Pity though, its lovely!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
164 Posts
NISSAN FAN said:
bit of an awkward decision for us ,the cars for my wife and she only does short trips to work so the diesels are out due to dpf's on them but she dont need a turbo so the 1.6 standard would be my choice for her
I willhave a similardilemma I think in that I bought a Qashqai because 'Er Indoors will drive it, even though it's mine. She refused to drivethe Audi I had previously. Whilst a change to a Juke (1.6 turbo -woo hoo!)will bemy decision mainly, I could be stymied of she decided she won'tdrive it. She currently has a Micra (her second) but likes the high driving position of the QQand really hates it when rear visibility is not so good.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
One thing that I should have asked

I have never had privacy glass before ... Can anyone tell me if visibility is SERIOUSLY compromised at night time or when reversing??

Perhaps should have thought about that before ordering...#

Fee x

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
No problem at all fee looking out from the inside is nothing like looking in from the outside you hardly notice it's there m8

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Yeah I had privacy on my last and the factory fitted options are a lot better than the boy racer type halfords sell!

You getting many looks or questions about it when driving then?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Had privacy on my kuga and scirocco and visibility is a little worse when reversing at night but you soon get used to it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts