Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

new to the forum. Thought I'd drop in and test the water! I am thinking of buying a Juke Tekna but not jumed in just yet. I want to take time reading what you guys think of the model and what I should be looking for.

Had thought to get the 4WD but just a little too expensive and not sure I'll need it - probably too scared to drive in snow even if I got it!

I was wondering if I could ask a couple of questions - anyone upgraded to metallic paint and is there a great difference? How good is the sat nav? Are the leather seats worth the upgrade from lower model and finally should I go for diesel over petrol!!!

Apologies for all the questions.

Warnie

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Ola Warnie

I had a Merc before and the leather seats in the Tekna are better.

The SAT is good when I 've used it.

As for petrol V diesel...... now there is a subject..... my dealer said that for my type of journey there would be no differance in MPG, and by reading this forum he was spot on.

If you are city driving short journeys = Petrol

Longer journeys = Diesel

Hope this helps and many more post will follow from other members.

LJ

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Juke Tekna? You are bang on with that...............
All the toys:
Reversing camera - Thought it would be a cool gimmick - now wouldn't be without it.Leather Seats - Very Very comfortable and heated, so nice and good quality too.Connect System - Fantastic! Sat nav with live traffic warnings, address and postcode entry really good. Bluetooth connectivity with your phone and hands free through the stereo. Music via ipod or USB stick, cd or radio, all controlled via steering wheel buttons, excellent.Climate Control - Infinite control of cabin temperature.Keyless Entry - Lock / Unlock button on doors and boot, Push button start /Stop.Folding Mirrors - Auto folding on Lock / Unlock & Start.Auto Wipers - Very GoodAuto Lights - Also very good.Cruise Control - A must on motorway journeys, also max speed setting.Rear Tints - Great, still good visibility to rear at night.17" Sports Wheels - Stunning.
Think thats all - Sound Good? - Order the Tekna.

Good Luck
12inch
Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome.
I've got the Petrol version albeit the Acenta rather than the Tekna. Connect system is exactly the same though and the sat nav is excellent. Not much more I can add to what 12inchmick has already stated. The metalllic paint is good and is pretty much the only option to go for unless you opt for white !

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got the 1.6 Acenta with Premium pack and it cost £16,500.

I love it because I getmuch of what comes with the Tekna but at a price that suited us. I also thought the reverse camera would be a gimmick but it is so helpful and something that I can see myself using a lot because the rear window is fairly small. I wasn't bothered for keyless entry or a start/stop button. I've driven a car with auto lights and wipers and again wouldn't be too fussed for that as it barely takes a split second to switch on and off and doesn't do much for me personally. The climate control is good and I like the idea of switching to a sporty driving mode for a bit more fun although I tend to use it most in normal mode. I doubt I'll ever use the eco mode unless I'm low on fuel as it does feel a little sluggish. The premium pack also includes the tinted privacy glass on all rear windows. I have a 16 month baby girl and I think this may be useful particularly in bright sunlight when she is in the car. (She loves it and I think she enjoys being seated high up in the cabin and looking out!). I have the petrol model purely because we don't tend to drive huge distances and therefore a diesel model wouldn't really be the best buy for us, like everyone else has said - only go for diesel if you envisage covering a lot of mileage on longer trips to get your money's worth. I have the force red paint on mine. At the time of ordering back in 8th January, we had a choice of red or black as they were the only chassis in at the time. It's a lovely colour and with the red and black interior, it looks amazing. It would be nice to have had the heated seats, but again for me - it wasn't worth paying the extra for what our budget was. The Nissan Connect system is superb and incredibly easy to use. Our phones are automatically connected via bluetooth for instant handsfree calls. Sat nav is clear and simple, ipod connectivity, again, is faultless. Good luck in choosing your new Juke !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for the warm welcome guys, a lot of info for me to digest and consider! There are so many options my mind is working overdrive!

I live on a mountain and have been snowed in a lot in the last few years and my current car (Smart Brabus) doesn't really do it- I appreciate the 2WD Tekna won't give me a huge advantage (or will it?!) over my current drive and am now also thinking of getting a 4WD but not sure if it is worth spening the extra on!

I really do appreciate the time you spend replying guys.

@Gen - noticed you are based in Cardiff - who did you get the car from if I may ask? Wessex?

many thanks.

Edited by: warnie

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi warn

I have the all singing all dancing Hiro, he's a 4wd and I have the leather seats, he's great and to be honest I live in beaconsfield (not quite up a mountain but it is pretty hilly and we usually get snow), and so we wanted another 4x4, it's perfect you can drive it as a 2wd if you want, but when it snows/is icy you have the option, as long as you don't want to go off roading and you can stretch the budget I think it's a good call.

Although cheeky sods tried to charge me 4x4 prices at the car wash today! 

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello
Just in the negotiation process.
Hope to be an owner soon.
Thanks for feedback we have had so far on the various deals everyone is getting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
We've read that the Sapphire Black has a blue tint to it?
We can't yet decide on black white or red! (defo the 4WD though)
Just wondered how the black looks?
eyupsharpy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Warnie

Yes, I bought my Juke from Wessex Garage on Penarth Road. I dealt with sales consultant Richard Mapley and cannot speak highly enough of how well he looked after us. I know it's their job to sell cars but I felt he was genuinly nice and wanted the best for us. He explained everything thoroughly and clearly and I would recommend to go to that specific dealer for your Jukeif you live nearby. I find it's always a good thing to go on recommendation and best to deal with Nissan directly if you're buying a brand new car.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
deks36 said:
black does have a blue tint   I believe  but Red is defo the colour to have
Don't listen to Deks. Get a white one

No, red is best, don't listen to joy, check his jokes out, that should tell you all you need to know.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
his best joke is the second sentence in his signature orders reds and picks up a white
mind you he does have 2 daft heads(his words not mine)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts