Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Ginny and I live in Cumbria. I currently have a 2L Qashqai Acenta on an 07 plate but ordered a Juke on Saturday. I've gone for the standard 1.6 petrol Acenta, withpremium pack, in red. The dealer (Benfield in Carlisle) thought it would be here by 24th September, if not before. They're getting a demo model tomorrow (2nd Sept) for 2 days so I'm going in for a test drive tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Ginny and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your test drive!
This isn't directed at you, but I'm a little cross you've just ordered and will get your car on 24th Sept when there are people who pre-ordered much earlier who have much longer to wait. I know its because you've got the standard 1.6 and that diesels and turbos are being pushed to the back of the queue, but can't understand why Nissan are doing that?
Fair play to you getting yours so quickly though. At least you can share early thoughts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can understand your frustration - as far as I know, it's standard practice for manufacturers to launch what they expect to be the most popular model first with other models following a couple of months later but you do wonder why they can't set a launch date that allows them to supply all the models. I originally wanted a diesel but the delay was going to affect the trade in value of mine so I opted for the standard 1.6 petrol in order to get September delivery.

I'm going down to the 1.6L Jukefrom a 2.0L Qashqai so I'm a little nervous that I'm going to be frustrated by the reduced power. I'm hopefully doing a test drive tomorrow so I should be able to judge, although it's a bit too late to change my mind

·
Registered
329 Posts
Look at Fees posting.

she drove a 1.6 yesterday and was happy with the power levels.

Welcome aboard, youve ordered the exact same car as me, and we collect on a similar day!

Andy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I saw that which makes me hopeful it'll be OKalthough I think Fee was going from a 1.5L Qashquai whereas mine's a 2L so I might notice the difference more. All will be revealed this evening
Edited by: ginnym

·
Registered
164 Posts
ginnym said:
Yeah, I saw that which makes me hopeful it'll be OKalthough I think Fee was going from a 1.5L Qashquai whereas mine's a 2L so I might notice the difference more. All will be revealed this evening

I'll be interested to see what you think as I currently have a 2.0l petrol QQ too.Having said that, if/when I get a Juke it'll be the DiG-T

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Ginny

I currently have a 1.6 QQ but used to have both a 1.5 Dci AND a 2.0 litre QQ

I'm one of the few so far that have tried them all!!!!

No - you cant compare the 2.o litre in the QQ which goes like the wind to the 1.6 in the Juke but if you can compromise a wee bit , I think you'll be fine.

When i changed from the 2l QQ to the 1.5 Dci - it took a wee bit of getting used to but it was no problem. However, I now have a 1.6 QQ which I feel is seriously underpowered for the size of car... Its not a good engine in the QQ but I think it sits very very well in the Juke.

Like everything else - ones mans meat is another poison - Each to their own

Good luck anyway

Fee

·
Registered
71 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 907px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 758px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Welcome on this forum Ginny.Congratulation for your order. good luck with test drive</td></tr><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; "><td ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; "></td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
329 Posts
ginnym said:

My current cars a 180bhp 2.2 Auris, so I understand what going to a 1.6 will mean!

However, my wife drives a 1.0 3 cyl Aygo, and I quite enjoy driving that!

TBH I find that every car Ive owned has meant I changed my driving style accordingly!

In the aygo, I plan a week ahead when overtaking, in the auris, I plan seconds ahead! - Just have to make sure I remember which one Im in when I hit the go button!

Andy

·
Registered
367 Posts
No what you mean Andy and totally agree we went from a 1.6 mini down to a 1.3 Yaris so looking forward to going back up to a 1.6 again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts