Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weeks ago there were thread about the Juke not having heated wing mirrors <s>on specs other than the Tekna.</s>
<s>Well I've found them.
</s><s>
</s><s>They work with the heated rear view window. Switch on the heatedr to the rear mirror and the wing mirrors also heat up. Both switch off automatically after 15 minutes.</s><s>
</s>It was right.
<s>
</s><s>
</s>
Edited by: silverjuke

·
Registered
345 Posts
okay so that means the acenta has them and the tekna prob not.

Typical Nissan, let us all thing the Tekna is the top off the line.
But it is the same as with the primera P12.

Accenta more luxury then the sporty tekna

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It was frosty today and I didn't notice the heated mirrors at all.... Are you sure?

I had the rear de-mister on but certainly didn't notice the mirrors defrosting

Fee

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely definitely. I had rain drops all over the wing mirrors; within 1 minute they were clear.
Off to find the reference in the manual.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's called a defogger switch page 2-29 of the large manual. It does say it operates the wing mirrors "where fitted".

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks

I will check again tomorrow morning - I wonder though if its anything to do with the fact you have got a CVT gearbox...

Dont know why that would make a difference but I will certainly check again - its meant to be -3 up here tomorrow night....

Thanks silverjuke - I am intrigued...

Fee x

·
Registered
575 Posts
-3? God I love living in the South.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
We up here ,get rain, rain , rain and more rain, wind, more rain, snow and frost - and its not even winter yet...still autumn....

That and we didn't even have a summer while you southerners were basking in the sun

Been so long - my 9 year old son doesn't know what the sun is....

Fee

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Fee, are you still on cloud 9 with your new member to the family,won't be long before you won't be able to spot it in the snow being arctic white.The heated mirrors development will be great if it really does work. I was really dissappointed when I thought it wasn' a feature on the Accenta premium.Let us know if yours works tomorrow please.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No need to wait. Just turn on engine and rear screen. After a minute or two touch the mirror. It will feel warm if they are heated.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As I've got them it must be that they come with:
1. Autos2. White cars.
both of which are stupid reasons.
3. its on the Acenta Premium (and possibly all Acentas)4. Someone put them on my car thinking it was a Tekna spec they were building by mistake.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did the ice and condensation melt away on the wing mirrors this morning, those of you that have the premium, or is silverjuke just lucky and they were fitted by mistakeEdited by: Fontie

·
Registered
873 Posts
Pretty sure it's not on mine because I've noticed them not working with the rear heater before. Other cars I've had have had them work with the rear windscreen heater, so was the first thing I thought of, but pretty sure it doesn't do the mirrors.

·
Registered
60 Posts
silverjuke said:
Weeks ago there were thread about the Juke not having heated wing mirrors on specs other than the Tekna.

Well I've found them.
Sorry but theAcenta is not fitted with heated mirrors, in fact no Juke is fitted with heated mirrors
Edited by: Maurice

·
Registered
345 Posts
Maurice said:
silverjuke said:
Weeks ago there were thread about the Juke not having heated wing mirrors on specs other than the Tekna.

Well I've found them.
Sorry but theAcenta is not fitted with heated mirrors, in fact no Juke is fitted with heated mirrors

for sure I don't have any on the Tekna.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
It's not in the service manuals for the uk model.but in colder climates I net they get them.
No Fee is in Scotland (-3) and she didnt get them on hers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts