Registered
4,319 Posts
and further more they are not an option in the UK
no matter what any dealer salesman tells you NO Juke has heated mirrors

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the info- How did yous manage during the bad weather?Be a total pain in the ***e having to scrape mirrors!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im glad in a way i didn't have it for the bad weather as i'm used to having heated mirrors but also the roads were a bit mad for a while here so no bashed alloys LOL

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just to confirm this old topic for the newcomers;
Quote from Nissan GB;
"Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding the Nissan Juke.
The Nissan Juke has been marketed in the UK without heated mirrors. We cannot retrospectively fit heated mirrors to the vehicles. We understand yourcomments regarding thisand have fed theseback to our design centre."
Bummer... we will miss them seriously.
Edited by: Dougal

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Having had a hellish winter so far - I have found that if you put mirrors in every evening - they wont be so much of a pain having to scrape as they really are quick flimsy...

no problem with them freezing up if they are folded in -- SIMPLES....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just saw a post about the rear view camera clogging up with water droplets and impeding the view. With foggy door mirrors to I think I might need to have a co-pilot with me all the time for guiding me in and out of praking spaces, remembering it is recommended to reverse into a parking space... Mmmm... wander what is involved with making my own source of heat for the mirrors?

Got it
I just need to breath on them. I'm full of hot air most of the time

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
jukest3r said:
JUKEOFYORK said:
Is the steering wheel heated ?
Very funny ?!?!?!?!?!
Yes, the steering wheel is heated. It works via micro-bore pipe the size of a fibre optic cable. This circulates hot water from the radiator and is controlled by option 2 on the Setup menu in Climate Control settings under. (Tekna Only)
The dealer is getting me a quote for extending this to the handbrake.
12inch

Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If the travelling hairdryer (see previous post) option doesn't appeal then blow up a hot water bottle with steam from a pressure cooker. Seal thoroughly with the supplied bung.

Take care when operating the hot water bottle - On no account should it be held beneath the crook of your elbow and your ribcage, especially if you are Scottish, as the temptation to squeeze it like a bagpipe bag might be too great to resist.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts