Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can see this being asked a bit, I'll update this thread as-and-when I find out any info. i.e. facia plate, wiring harness, canbus adapters etc.

I've been looking at the following ebay item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Din-DVD-GPS-DVB-Player-RDS-Nissan-QASHQAI-NAVARA-TIDA-/250549618927?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item3a55ebc8ef

It's a replacement double din unit for the Qashqai, I'm waiting to hear back from the sell to see if It can replace the standard Nissan Connect unit (Qashqai owners have had luck so hopefully it should be painless!)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why swap out nissan connect?

Its got satnav and on some versions (like mine) has the reversing camera aswell!

For me, no "better sound" will be good enough for me to lose built in satnav, camera, usb playback, etc, etc...

Andy

·
Registered
575 Posts
Agree with you there Andy. Nissanconnect is one of the reasons I went for the Juke. One of my clients has the system in her micra and the audio quality is fine

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andytran said:
Why swap out nissan connect?

Its got satnav and on some versions (like mine) has the reversing camera aswell!

For me, no "better sound" will be good enough for me to lose built in satnav, camera, usb playback, etc, etc...

Andy
It's not about better sound, I'm looking for something that does more with a bigger screen.

The device in the OP comes with Windows CE 6.0, this will run TomTom along with a host of other things, think of it like windows on your pc but a lot less unstable. The spec for the unit says it does the following:
<ul>[*]6.2" 800x480 Touch Screen[*]SatNav (TomTom)[*]Aux Input (reverse Camera[*]DVB-T (TV) Tuner[*]CD/MP3 Player[*]DVD Player[*]DIVX Player
[*]Bluetooth connectivity for phone[*]Picture-In-Picture
[/list]Also this can be used as a master unit to power 'slave' screens in the rear which would be good for the child in the back.

Thing that tempts me is it's only £250'ish, supposedly plugs into all the systems already in the car (the Qashqai has the same functionality as the Juke) and if it works as well as it says it'll be perfect.

Thing that puts me off is I've dealt with Windows embedded systems before I know they don't always work straight out of the box, also on the one posted the interface doesn't look nearly as slick as the Nissan Connect system so I would have to re-do a skin for that. could be quite nice tho, having pic of a Juke on the bootup :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">must admit, the small screen is a drawback on the connect
would be curious to see how it looks and hear how it performs

·
Registered
345 Posts
for me to take the connect system was because of the reverse cam and the sat nav.
but the sound is great.

But on the other hand it is and stay a very simpel radio.

Satnav looks like a tom tom
The ways to contol the sound is like in a radio out of the 80's

hope updates will be available, because the old nissan navi system had some troubles.
The big brand like pioneer, kenwood etc etc release every year a update

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I plan on keeping my juke for 6 or 7 years and I must admit it worries me if the connect system packs up after the warrenty expires because I can see that being an expensive replacement

Although having said that the difference between the Acenta Sport and Premium is (list price) £600. So maybe it wont be too bad.

@ iamdabe - If the new system you are looking at is bigger what type of modifications will you need (if any) to the dash?

Keep us up to date with how you get on iamdabe.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you buy straight from Nissan they're gonna charg your list price for the Nissan Connect system, which I'd imagine is gonna be upwards of £600 at least. However in 5-6 years I bet that there will be a good second hand market, write-off's etc that you'll be able to find one for less!

As for replacing the unit, the Nissan Connect system only has a 4" or 5" screen, the replacement has a larger screen and less buttons.

·
Registered
345 Posts
well mine had it's first faillure already.
Driving on the high way listing to the usb stick.
It just decided to fully turn off, after 10 seconds it went on again.

Also experience some problems with the 4GB usb stick. Sometimes it does not play or show all the song, or an empty folder.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just read through the 'Nissan Connect' manual and there's multiple references to 'Bosch' so think we can assume this is the manufactur.

NissanJukeBox, did it 're-boot'? i.e. show the Nissan logo again when it crashed? not had it done to mine yet but only had it just over 36hrs :) We have a 1gb 'juke' usb key plugged into it and it's working fine at the moment!

·
Registered
69 Posts
deletedEdited by: tchr1975

·
Registered
202 Posts
nissanjukebox said:

Also experience some problems with the 4GB usb stick. Sometimes it does not play or show all the song, or an empty folder.
I have had this problem frequently for the last 17 months on my Note Tekna, I even took it in to the dealer who reset & repatched everything...Gues what, it came back worse than it went in!!I don't care now as I have got used to it (I just hope the Juke doesn't suffer quite so badly).

·
Registered
21 Posts
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">Can someone tell me if you can get a different head unit in the japanese jukes? I've seen pics like the one below which has a built in dvd plater and tv tuner!<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">

Edited by: heartagram20

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i think you will find that is a custom job search some pics on here you will see one with an ipad in it
ps you may want to downsize the pictures a bit before you post them its almost a poster

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry my bad about the size of the image!
Yeah i have seen the ipad picture, i'm sure i have seen the head unit that i was talking about with the tv tuner and dvd player on a website saying that it was factory fitted from nissan, i may be wrong but i didn't think it was a custom job.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
you may well be right its not something i have looked for but i am sure one of the other members will be able answer if you can get hold of it from Nissan

·
Registered
345 Posts
offcourse you can, but I don't thinkt the japanse one works. Why, because they work with diffrent fm-am frequenties.

I guess we have to wait for a nissan upgrade (don;t think it gonna be there) or one from a brand like pioneer etc etc which has the richt plugs (for the reverse camera and al the other features)

·
Registered
345 Posts
AGLImages said:
nissanjukebox said:

I have had this problem frequently for the last 17 months on my Note Tekna, I even took it in to the dealer who reset & repatched everything...Gues what, it came back worse than it went in!!
I don't care now as I have got used to it (I just hope the Juke doesn't suffer quite so badly).

problem is still in the radio.

Sometimes it even start at a diffrent root/map or songs ont he usb.

Just heard there is a update SD card for the netherlands that would help the radio staying out of rebooting.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts