Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had themiddle model Juke (called an "SV" here in the colonies) with CVT and AWD for several weeks now and absolutely adore it. But I'm damned if I can figure out how to adjust the aim of the headlights. The owner's manual only says to "Contact your authorized Nissan dealer"but it can't be that difficult.On top of a plasticpart attached toeachheadlight there is a recessed Philips-head screw slot that looks as though it may (ormay not) do the job. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just out of interest, why do you want to adjust them beyond the adjustment you can make with the dial in the car which lifts them up or down a bit? I always thought there were regulations about the angle of car lights so that you can't dazzle oncoming drivers which is presumably why they tell you to contact a dealer to change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I feel quite stupid!But despite having read the owner's manual several times, I have found no reference to a dial that adjusts the headlights.Can you tell me where it is located or how to access it? And actually I want to lower thebeam, not raise it.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
be carefull here as most responses will be Uk members ours have a headlight adjuster inside the cabin cant say where as i am still awaiting mine. I would assume they all have such a thing it will be located somehwere on the dash usually a scroll kind of switch hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Deks, but I am clueless. I have scoured the US owner's manual and can find no reference to such a headlight adjustment.If you can find any more information on this, I would greatly appreciate hearing it. FYI nobody else in thisforum ---presumably mostly Brits---mentioned this adjustment or told me where it is located. And the main reason that I'm on thisForum is precisely because it IS based in the UK and I have more confidence in your expertise than in our's.

Cheers,

Doug

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
right i have asked my dealer to let me know on this one looking on images i can find their is a cluster of switches low to the left of steering wheel where the mirror adjuster is located its usual if fitted for the headlamp adjuster to be located around here

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much, Deks, it's greatly appreciated. Hope you get your car on the 5th! Meanwhile if anybody wants a PDF copy of the US version of the owner's manual, I'll be happy to forwardit if you'llgive me your e-mail address.

Cheers,

Doug

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much Iamdabe. From your photo it's now obvious that my SVdoesn't have a headlight adjuster, at least not located in the cockpit. The switches in thatarea on my car are: the remote mirror control, the VDC off switch, and the AWD/FWD switch. Thanks again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi all,
Manual headlamp adjust is standard for all Europeanversionsbut not applied toany US version... auto adjust is appied to the Japanese models with Xenon headlamps...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts