Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted the Ring Sport 80w/130W bulbs on my scoobie with excellent results any reason why these will not work on the Juke?

My main concern is the draw of the extra current over the standard 60w bulb

Do not fancy going the Xenon route due to legality and its obvious without projector type headlamps the pattern is all wrong...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just looked on the US forumA guy has fitted these with good resultsSylvania 9007SU BP SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlights

·
Registered
219 Posts
Scoobi doo
My previous post
If you want the best conventional white bulb

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<H1 ="small" itxtNodeId="229" itxtHarvested="1">Osram Night Breaker Plus</H1>
<H3 ="big" itxtNodeId="228" itxtHarvested="1">Up to 100 per cent/ white</H3>

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/258652/osram_night_breaker_plus.html#ixzz1Fdi0wCGlhttp://www.autobestbuy.co.uk/shop/product.asp?P_ID=225
on sale at £19.99 inc postage.
If you want blue you are loosing out on light
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">"Feeling blue?<BR itxtNodeId="261">While one section of our test is devoted to ‘blue’ bulbs, the best deliver white beams and headlights. These products were created around seven years ago to imitate the then new gas-discharge xenon or HID systems which were appearing on top-of-the-range models from BMW and Mercedes, giving off super-bright beams and adding a blue tinge to the headlights. <BR itxtNodeId="260"><BR itxtNodeId="259">Most halogen imitations use the latest technology to boost light output. And they need it, as the colour change from yellow is achieved by coatings or filters which rob light from the beam. In poor-quality units, the result is low levels of light and a kaleidoscope of colours around the edges. In this test, ‘blue’ bulbs performed mid-way between the plus 50 and plus 30 untreated samples."

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/212937/make_light_of_winter.html#ixzz1Fdlbm3ls

With 130W bulb you are running at twice the intended current draw and they are also illegal wattages in UK. With the present cost cutting the wiring is only just thick enough to take the load without heating up or dropping the voltage. Putting in those 130W bulbs could defeat the object and you might find them dimmer if you still have any wiring left. The latest 100% upgrades will do almost the same job be safe and legal and do other drivers a justice in not blinding them.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
219 Posts
nordyled
Are you refering to the high wattage ring bulbs or the HID.
You can fit the high wattage safely but you will need an additional relay and wiring totake the additional current that they draw. With the thin wires on the original lamps the highcurrent heats the wire and lowers the voltage often melting the insulation covering and then the wires short and cause a fire. If you want I can draw a circuit diagram. The relays are available at any decent auto shop and are cheap, you can also get the wiring there too, if not an electrical supplier. It needs to take at least 20 amps and also lucar spade connectors 6mm female and a bulb connector (Ebay them)
Connect the original lamp connector to the relay this operates it and the relay switches power from the battery to the new lamp. Its best to have two so that you have the high and low beams.
But for all the trouble the best uprated bulbs are nearly as good and legal.
Here is a Suzuki Bandit H7 headlight HID in the top and with Philips + 50 and + 30 lower. You cant see much difference unless you are on the road where the + 50 does pick out the distance better, the HID is superior though. All are much better than the originals.
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/philthunder/PhilipsH7.jpg

The Osram Night Breaker plus comes out as the best bulb on test.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Then again, BMW will do anything to make their cars more attractive to people now days haha

·
Registered
555 Posts
Some info for you guys interested in updating lights.
Well i have done a couple of updates myself with a mixed result if im perfectly honest.I have put leds intoalligatorlights which look cool.
I eventually managed to get my foglights upgraded to led which look good but the output i am not happy with - pretty poor if youaskme.Has for the main bulbs - nightmare trying to match up with LED. I have tried thePhillips extreme 100% but still lookyellowish compared to the LED, SO i tried some phillips Blue type - forgot name now but still not a good match.
Anyway im still trying to get what i want and i think i have found the answer for the fogs now - output , i have gone for the cree q5 LED after seeing the performance first hand - these are superb !link: http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/H8-5W-CREE-Q5-LED-fog-light-bulbsso i will let you know how the look when they get here. OH and by the way i fitted both Foglights without having to remove anything ! drivers side easy - pop the hood and you canreachdowntoget at it. Passenger side from under the car and a good stretch nimble fingers - job done.I may just change my side lights again with a matching cree w5w:link:http://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/high-power-cree-xenon-white-sidelight-bulbs-p-243.htmlBut these puppies are extremely bright and have a directional glass to the front of the actual ledso i am not sure how they will affect if at all oncoming drivers.So i now need tomatchup the H4 Headlights to a close a match as possible to the leds.
If any of you have any suggestions let me know.

Plus it looks like i will be going to the meet at gaydon now - so if you are concerned on the foglight fitment - i can do it there.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yay. well done buddy. sounds like u have put alot of work into this.
My biggest concern is matching the side lights with the main head lights. Since they are both on at the same time the colour has to be close if not exact. not to bothered about the fogs tho since i seldom use them. last car didnt have any lol. Might get some bulbs and bring them to the meet and you can give us all a live how to session lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
no problem.
some picshere- with myiPhoneso not the greatest - lets see if this works lol.top = fog close upMiddle need i saybottom sidelight close up

Edited by: snout

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
really impressed with the side and fog lights and can see what you mean by mains not matching. I do hope you find it easier to replace the main headlights and not have to replace both sides and fogs.
Keep us posted :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
snout said:
Some info for you guys interested in updating lights.
Well i have done a couple of updates myself with a mixed result if im perfectly honest.I have put leds intoalligatorlights which look cool.
I eventually managed to get my foglights upgraded to led which look good but the output i am not happy with - pretty poor if youaskme.Has for the main bulbs - nightmare trying to match up with LED. I have tried thePhillips extreme 100% but still lookyellowish compared to the LED, SO i tried some phillips Blue type - forgot name now but still not a good match.
Anyway im still trying to get what i want and i think i have found the answer for the fogs now - output , i have gone for the cree q5 LED after seeing the performance first hand - these are superb !link: http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/H8-5W-CREE-Q5-LED-fog-light-bulbsso i will let you know how the look when they get here. OH and by the way i fitted both Foglights without having to remove anything ! drivers side easy - pop the hood and you canreachdowntoget at it. Passenger side from under the car and a good stretch nimble fingers - job done.I may just change my side lights again with a matching cree w5w:link:http://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/high-power-cree-xenon-white-sidelight-bulbs-p-243.htmlBut these puppies are extremely bright and have a directional glass to the front of the actual ledso i am not sure how they will affect if at all oncoming drivers.So i now need tomatchup the H4 Headlights to a close a match as possible to the leds.
If any of you have any suggestions let me know.

Plus it looks like i will be going to the meet at gaydon now - so if you are concerned on the foglight fitment - i can do it there.
I'm having the same problems as you snout.
I'm currently waiting on some LED's coming over from China that i'm hoping will match up to the mains much better.
They're warm white rather than cool white so should hopefully be between 4000k and 6000k and a far better match the 6500k H4's i have in at the moment.
I'll keep you posted on how this goes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Got myCreefogs today. Will fit later when im sober - had a party for the wedding yesterday, TWISTED SPRINGS TO MIND..
Everytime i turn my head the world is in slow motion

·
Registered
43 Posts
hello snout was reading your posts on "bulbs" have you found a good combination that match as yet & improve visibility ? Kind rgds john

1 - 20 of 31 Posts