Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016, 1.6 Dig-T Auto 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

iv owned my nissan juke 8 months now but one of the thingsI was wanting to do was to upgrade the head unit.
Im just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice.

I have a 2016 Dig-T. One of the features it has is the surround camera system, I had enquired at one audio shop but he said he didnt think anything could be done.

i don't mind loosing the surround cameras as long as i was still able to at least keep the reversing camera if it means I'm able to upgrade the head u it to a after market with airplay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi m8 I have just updated my headunit on my 2017 juke and managed to retain my 360° Cameras the only problem I am having is with the external microphone. But will get it sorted eventually.
hi. Okay I’m just wandering how you retained the around view, was everything included you needed or did you have to make some modifications ?
thanks

·
Registered
2017 Juke Tekna
9 Posts
hi. Okay I’m just wandering how you retained the around view, was everything included you needed or did you have to make some modifications ?
thanks
Hi sorry for not replying sooner, yes everything was included with the unit just plug and play. I installed the unit myself and I have no previous experience of this sort of stuff. Everything works fine.

·
Registered
2017 Juke Tekna
9 Posts
Hi Josht forgot to mention it also let's you keep your existing usb port .I also opted for the dab+ box with my unit and picked up a fakra cable to connect to existing antenna as I didn't want one of those things stuck on the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Josht forgot to mention it also let's you keep your existing usb port .I also opted for the dab+ box with my unit and picked up a fakra cable to connect to existing antenna as I didn't want one of those things stuck on the screen.
hi again. That’s brilliant thank you. Two more questions if you don’t mind. Was it just a generic fakra Cable? And what did you use to instruct on dismantling the centre console. Thanks again for all your help. This is the first one I’ve found that will still work with around view. Josh

·
Registered
2017 Juke Tekna
9 Posts
Hi again it was a Fakra to sma I think but you should just check your existing connections beforehand. I just put the sma into the dab+ connected to usb behind the air con and connected to existing Fakra. I just Googled it ,there are two slots at the bottom of the air con I just used the bottom of a teaspoon not very teckie I know, but done the trick.

·
Registered
2017 Juke Tekna
9 Posts
Hi again forgot to mention you do know that you have to sacrifice the airbag light on the original headunit. I just stuck it behind the air con unit intact .regards William
Honestly m8 if I can do it anyone should be able to do it .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi again forgot to mention you do know that you have to sacrifice the airbag light on the original headunit. I just stuck it behind the air con unit intact .regards William
Honestly m8 if I can do it anyone should be able to do it .
Hi again.
Thanks so much for all your help. I’m gonna take the plunge and order it. Fingers crossed ! Josh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Again. All ordered and fitted thanks so much for your help ! The only thing I can’t get to work is the source button, to show the different camera angles. Did you ever work out how to do this ?
It’s not bother, but would be great if it also worked.
Josh

·
Registered
2017 Juke Tekna
9 Posts
Hi Again. All ordered and fitted thanks so much for your help ! The only thing I can’t get to work is the source button, to show the different camera angles. Did you ever work out how to do this ?
It’s not bother, but would be great if it also worked.
Josh
Hi again I personally don't use that feature

·
Registered
2014 (63) 1.5 DCI n-tec
4 Posts
Hi all. Very useful post as just bought this for my wife

£79.45 42%OFF | Junsun V1 8+128G carplay android auto radio coche con pantalla For Nissan Juke 2010-2014 2din autoradio GPS Track bluetooth-C da

We went for the 8gb one.

I was just wondering if the reversing camera plugs straight into the back?

Also is it worth getting a DAB Box or not?

Thanks again

Tom
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts