Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just waiting to take delivery of a Juke Acenta. Having browsed the forums it appears most people are disappointed with the quality of the audio. I'm very keen to maximise the audio quality as much as possible. At the moment the Juke I have chosen doesn't come with the Connect Sat Nav unit, just the CD Player. So I wondered if anyone could help me with the following questions.
<ul>[*]How much is the Connect unit and can I purchase it as a stand alone device?[*]A lot of people recommend an amplifier can anyone recommend a model for optimal performance?[*]Will the installed speakers suffice if I go down the amplifier route or are they generally poor quality?[*]Can anyone recommend a better unit than the Connect, I presume the head unit space is a universal fitting and will accommodate other Head Units?[*]Will the Aux USB (IPhone) input be compatible with other Head Units.[/list]Many thanks - I'll post on hear soon as to what upgrades I decide on.
DSSCOLUMBIA

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I am not super knowledgable on stereo upgrades but I do know that the speakers are pants and you would defiantely benefit from upgrading them.
You can buy the connect system but I believe its rather expensive from Nissan, its cheaper to spec the car up than to buy it. although some members have sourced the connect unit from salvage cars , like the qashqai which has the same system also there are a number of after market equivilants available .
if you sear ch forum many members have added posts aboput stereo upgrades you may have to scroll through a fair amount but there is info available from memory I think nissanjukebox has changed his unit for a better one
good luck enjoy the forum plenty of knowledge here and we are a friendly bunch happy to help

·
Registered
30 Posts
i got a "used" connect from ebay.. was around £165 i paid, unit looked brnad new to me, came with gps antenna and 2010 sat nav maps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was it like this or is this an older model....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Connect-X-Trail-Qashqai-GPS-Unit-/180648541870?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item2a0f7dfeae#ht_500wt_1156

·
Registered
15 Posts
Really keen on installing somthing also to boost the sound. I will have to put somthing in the boot wel, crying out for a sub of some sort which should give a richer sound along with changing over the standard speakers (though I do need to finalise my actual order!!!!) Getting ahead of myself here.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I took delivery of my Juke Acenta. The audio system isn't actually as bad as some people are making out. Sure the Bass is heavy and muddy but lowering it to around the 0 or +1 area sorts things out a little. If playing from an Iphone just remove the eq settings and things start sounding good.
My only issue is the rear speakers lack uumph!.These may be pimped very soon.
Everything else about the car is just too cool.
Very Happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts