Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gutted to say that I'm having to sell my Juke. It's nothing to do with the car, I love it to bits and I'm devastated to be letting it go. Unfortunately though, I work in the public sector and have been informed that my salary is being cut by 22% next year. I debated hanging onto the Juke until then but I do a fair number of miles and its trade in value is better now at 6 months old and 10,000 miles than it would be at 18 months old and 30,000 miles so I've had to cut my losses. I've traded it in for an 08 Micra 1.4, ironically with fewer miles on the clock than my Juke.

It's been fun being on here and I've picked up lots of information which has been invaluable. I hope John at Holdcrofts will still regard me as a forum member if I want any accessories for the Micra

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ginny Sorry to hear you bad news , Please stick around the forum and of coarse if there is anything I can help you with for your micra just send me a pm

JOhn

·
Registered
484 Posts
I’m gutted for you ginnym

Uncertain times ahead for everyone. Please stay around, its people that make a forum not the cars.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
329 Posts
I feel your pain ginnym!!!

The Micra will do the job, but I bet you wont look back after parking it up!!

Andy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
andytran said:
The Micra will do the job, but I bet you wont look back after parking it up
That's a very perceptive statement. I often look out of the window at my Juke and admire it, couldn't quite believe it was really mine most of the time. The Micra will be a means to an end rather than an art form.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Know what you mean, I still look out the window about 6 times a day and also when I park. would only admit that on this forum tho'

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks - I'm a little surprised by how upset I'm feeling. I've changed cars on a regular basis for the last 20 years and have never really felt an emotional attachment but I do to my Juke. Part of it's because this is a change I feel forced into rather than my free choice but mainly it's because the Juke is such an iconic car.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Aw bless Ginny

i know how you feel - I also work in the public sector and have come through a 3 year fight to stop a 3k drop to my salary.... now our team is being decimated. Its no consolation though as you'd love to tell them to stuff it but jobs are soooo hard to come by.

The Micra isnt so bad - the 1.4 is a smashing wee engine - you are so right though - it isnt the JUKE

I dont look at my CIVIC but am forced to look at a colleagues white JUKE, every day - its torture

Onwards and upwards Ginny - hopefully things will take turn for the better and you will have another JUKE soon

Lotsaluv

Fee xx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts