Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's been alot of debate on this so I thought it was worth a mention.
Recently upgraded to a HTC HD7 (windows 7) phone.Guess what? If you have the phone screen on the head unit (the sat nav etc screen) and if you press and hold the phone button on the steering wheel for a few seconds "Speech Recognition Active" flashes on the screen and you can say all sorts of stuff... "Call Peter Parker" for example.
IT WORKS! Finally!
I have a 1.6 Tekna for the record, and no, I dont actually know Spiderman.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Does the voice dial come from the phone or from the head unit. In other words when u voice dial is your voice picked up from the phone or the head unit mic?Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Head unit mic, its all through the car.My phone doesnt even recognise anything is happening until the call actually dials.
The "speech recognition active" isnt on my phone, it flashes up on the head unit when its activated (which I do by pressing and holding the phone button on the steering wheel). I just say "call" and a name in my contacts aloud and it makes the call through my phone (which is connected via bluetooth).
It only appears to work if im on the phone screen on the head unit, e.g. not on the radio or sat nav screens. I'll test this a bit tomorrow, only realised its working today on the way home from work.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
When I read the manual (yes I read them!!) holding down the call button on the steering wheel would redial the last number. Then again this was the USA manual will try voice risking asap

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It works!!!
Voice dialing works a treat haha
10 gold stars to Beranicus

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
meaga-byte said:
It works!!!

Voice dialing works a treat haha

10 gold stars to Beranicus
Woo! I get gold stars!
Meaga-byte i was well shocked when it worked, like i said before, it didnt with my iphone 3G, and it was just morbid curiosity when i tried with the new phone.
It was one of my few complaints because I felt it silly that it didnt work, especially considering it works fine on the QQ (going off previous posts).
Weird though because I didn't see the "voice recognition active" thing before at all, i dont see how the phone would change that, it's as though its just kicked in. Odd, but AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well I'm sporting a blackberry bold and when I asked the dealer when I picked the car up about voice dialing he said it didn't have it. Can't wait to phone him tomorrow and yet again teach him about a car that he is selling lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
david17021982 said:
is this only on the tekna models with nissan connect? or does the bluetooth system on the acenta model also have voice dialling?
we need to try ! ASAP.
WORKS ON THE NISSAN NOTE !
WITH IPHONE (CONNECT VERSION THOUGH)

Edited by: snout

·
Registered
555 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Kats said:
My iPhone does this but not sure if it works if the phone is in my bag, will try it tomorrow
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
As long as your bag is in the car you should be ok............

12inch
LMAO some dry humour there 12inch

Edited by: snout

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the Acenta Premium model and works a treat in mine!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I could make a comment on HANDS FREE working, but I'd better not . T

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hands free works when my phone is in my pocket.
As long as the phone is connected i think it can be anywhere.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Kats said:
Ok then phone in bag does not pick up the voice activation, phone has to be in the cup holder to work.
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Hmm, Wine? - Phone? Wine ? - Phone ?
Guess the voice activation is not gonna work for you................

12inch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts