Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having a problem with my handfree connection. Its all a bit hit and miss as to whether it works.

90% of the time, when I make a call from it (using the voice activiation and my phone volume on) it will work. However, the other 10% of the time andalways whenI receive an incoming call I can't hear anything but the person the other end can hear me (shouting "hello...hello...why is this stupid thing not working...")

I have the volume up on the radio and it's really beginning to annoy me. Is it something obvious that I am doing wrong or the Nissan Connect system a bit touchy at times? I have re-paired my phone (iPhone 3GS) but no joy. Don't want another trip to the dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
I get that occasionally, turning the phone off and on again makes it work again... mine is an HTC Desire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
With regard to the "hello, hello, HELLO!!!" issue, mine does that sometimes. found that it is because the phone has tranferred to handset mode. If the thingy on the screen that says handset is orange then press it to get it back to the connect unit.

I do have a new problem if anyone has had this. When taking a call the radio obviously mutes which is great. But once I hangup the audio doesn't come back on until you switch off the ignition and switch it on again which is rather annoying if you have just got on the motorway for a long trip and have to sit there in silence.

I am sure an on / off button would have the same effect to reset it if it had one but it hasn't but that is a different gripe.

I do suspect however that the issue is a Nokia related issue rather than a Nissan issue as the phone is a bag of poo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
My old Nokia N95 used to do that but it transpired it was because the battery on the phone was low and it disconnected to the handset - i presume to save power... Dont know if that is whats happening with yours but I got a new battery for my phone and it then worked fine (just as long as the bluetooth was set to connect automatically)Fee x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
The Blackberry and iPhone 3gs work really well. I have noticed that the signal strength on the Connect is stronger that my phone says ? Does anyone know if the ariel boosts the signal or are we not that lucky...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Resolved I think. Switched remote sim mode on on phone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
soo it wont connect via blue tooth?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top