Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my ex demo dci this week and I love it, I was a little worried about the engine size as my previous motor was a 2.2 civic diesel but I am impressed, ok the acceleration is not as potent but overall its plenty fast enough, one small issue before I go back to the dealer is the handbrake, it seems to only lock the brakes right at the top of its travel, is this how the Jukes are?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have had mine back at the dealer for the same reason. U have to pull the break Right up to the top to stop it rolling backwards on any soft of gradient. The response i got was "it has the right number of clicks"
Now is it just me or is that the most stupidest thing you have ever heard?
"The hand break is fine because it clicks the right number of time"
If you get yours Tightened Reme, please let us know :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
If it comes right to to top before it holds the car, it need adjusting. It should come up about half way. Get it ajusted!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
If it comes right to to top before it holds the car, it need adjusting. It should come up about half way. Get it ajusted!
Think i will take it back when i have the time but not to my local dealer who told me it clicks the right number is times. In fairness i have not been overly happy with the breaks in general. For a Dig-T i found the breaks to be rather dull and needed more force than one would expect to slow the car down lol
Might take a trip to Holdcroffs and get them to have a tinker while fitting their new exhaust system

·
Registered
912 Posts
You won't go far wrong taking it to Holdcrofts, some dealers are not very helpful when you complain about something. I just hope my dealer is not one of them. Mind you,our Juke will actually belong to Motability, so if I have any trouble and it's not sorted, I will just ring Motability and let them sort it out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
In all my motoring experience, four clicks are the maximum liftforany handbrake to lock the wheels solid!!

Plus, once you are used to the height necessary, you can avoid wear on the rachet by depressing the button first.
I had one vehicle that worked a little differently! You lifted the handbrake, thendepressed the buttonto hold it in place against the rachet.

·
Registered
912 Posts
One thing I am happy about, is that the Juke has a manual handbrake. I don't like the electric ones. My present car Vauxhall Zafira has quite an unusual handbrake. It is manual, but instead of the usual single handle, it has a twin grip in the form of lift bar. You may have seen one if you have been in a Zafira. They are quite good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
rememberdeedog, that is most definitely not correct and should be attended to at the earliest opportunity.It is just plain dangerous to drive with an ineffective handbrake.If the Police stopped you for a vehicle check, you would need to get the bus home!!!Do let us know the response from the dealer, please.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have noticed that my handbrake comes up quite high, (about six notches) but it does hold okay on a gentle slope, but it doesn't feel right to me.I might take it to the service area to see if I can have it taken up a bit more, as it shouldn't really come right up to the limit of its travel. Usually about four notches is the maximum it needs, to hold the car.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Alot of people are noticing / complaining about the handbreak and not so sharp breaks (Dig-T mainly). I wonder if this is a fault with the car in general, much like the paint defect?

·
Registered
452 Posts
meaga-byte said:
Alot of people are noticing / complaining about the handbreak and not so sharp breaks (Dig-T mainly). I wonder if this is a fault with the car in general, much like the paint defect?
My DIG-T holds great at 4 notches, very solid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Juke has rolled 3 times when the handbrake was (as I thought) set. On the last time when I got back into the car my body weight started it rolling backwards into a main road. If it had done this after I had got out and left it, then a serious accident could have occurred. I contacted my Nissan supplier and was told that anything between 9 and 12 notches was the accepted norm for Nissans!!!

Asked if I had an armrest, I replied 'yes', I was told that meant I would have to raise it!! How stupid is that, an armrest with coins, keys, and all the usual junk having to be upended just so you can set a handbrake. It is going in on the 10/10 but with no promises re a result. Suggest an anchor and a set of wooden chocks.

THis is a fault pure and simple but will probably need a few fatalities before some sort of rectification recall. Any volunteers so that I can get my brakes fixed quicker?

CB

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Took mine in because had to really pull hard to stop the car from rolling back on any sort of hill. was told that its within normal clicks?
That anoyyed me lol.
Think i will take it back and TELL them to tighten it

·
Registered
952 Posts
I noticed today that the handbook states that 9 to 10 "clicks" is correct. It's obviously designed that way for whatever reason. As long as it holds the car when fully on (which it does for me) then I don't care, obviously if it slips with the handbrake fully applied then that's different.

·
Registered
443 Posts
John_C said:
I noticed today that the handbook states that 9 to 10 "clicks" is correct. It's obviously designed that way for whatever reason. As long as it holds the car when fully on (which it does for me) then I don't care, obviously if it slips with the handbrake fully applied then that's different.
Number of notches [under force of 196 N (20 kg, 44 lb)] 9 − 10 notches

1 - 20 of 25 Posts