Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Handbrake.

6K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Nates Nismo 
#1 ·
Had the Juke for nearly a week now and all is fine only the handbrake seems to be on the wrong side of the centre console. It just doesn`t feel right reaching over to the passenger seat to use it. It`s as if they`ve used a lhd console to save money.

#4 ·
Japanese cars are right hand drive !! Other cars you've had will have acountry of origin with left hand drive ! So technically speaking the handbrake is on the correct side, if you see what I mean ! Think I've given myself a headache with that one !!!

#5 ·
If you compare the sales for lhd cars to rhd cars, there is a lot of difference. The only countries who uses rhd are the uk, malta, japan and cyprus. I can't remember any more. So I don't think that nissan is going to make another die just to make thehandbrake on the passengers side.

#6 ·
maxuereb said:
If you compare the sales for lhd cars to rhd cars, there is a lot of difference. The only countries who uses rhd are the uk, malta, japan and cyprus. I can't remember any more. So I don't think that nissan is going to make another die just to make thehandbrake on the passengers side.
There's also a wee island called Australia apparently, among others !

#10 ·
It's a Nissan thing. They do it on several of their cars. Chap from Nissan I spoke to on the Juke intro tour last year said it's a regular complaint from customers.Some manufacturers just put it in the middle if they don't want to make two versions.Mrs Siemarque was none too keen when she first saw it therehaving banged her elbow on the one in the X-trail a few times. The Juke one is even closer to her seat than that one was. But so far she hasn't complained about this one.

#12 ·
I had my concerns about it and found it strange at first but you do get used to it. It's not a heavy handbrake and very light to engage and release. The only bother really is if your passenger is wearing a bulky coat and that may hinder accessing the handbrake.

#15 ·
I must confess to finding this the only irritant in the car, it was the same on my Qashqai... .. If you have drinks in the cupholders, its a faffle to get the handbrake up. Equally if someone large is in the passenger seat, they can also impede the handbrake.

A minor annoyance,,, but one I can live with because I love the car..

Fee x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.