Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Husband and i went and washed the car today and he's just finished polishing in an noticed 3 scratches on the bonnet only explaination was as he was washing it the hose touched the bonnet, there must have been something on it. I told him that alot of people on here said that the paint was soft and he was feeling abit sick as he say's you know their there now. Please help withany suggestions to get rid of them, nothing to technical though.Only good thing united are winning 2.0 at the moment!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh No!!!! - What a calamity....... that is such a bummer

I am sure someone will be able to help you as I am always unsure as to effectively remove scratches without damaging the paintwork...

It has been mentioned before although I am sure someone has mentioned a fix

Hubby will be in the dog house for that.... will have a lot of grovelling to do

Hope you get it sorted

Fee x

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he's feeling bad enough without me starting! been looking on googleand jml do a scratch remover cream anyone used it? the scratches aren't to deep.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I used Meguiars scratch cream on my blue Qashqai after cat scratches were on the bonnet/wing area.

It worked well on the metallic paint although I was exceptionally careful - i then put some Meguiars Wax on it after that. Couldnt really see it although I was always conscious they were there.....

Someone will give you more technical names and advice as I am totally useless in that department

If its any consolation - my hubby spray painted out wrought iron fence and proceeded to cover the whole carin minute paint blobs which were rough to the touch.

He then had to remove all the paintflecks with Meguiars clay bar and detailer to remove all the flecks.. It took him days to get it all off - That was his punishment +I could have killed him!!!!!

I feel your pain!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that sometimes you could £$^%*&£$ them couldn't you!

·
Registered
489 Posts
@ yellmandy - you can buy genuine Nissan Touch Up Pens which will solve you're problem if they are small scratches

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
any chance of posting a pic up of the scratches its possible if they are not to deep to just polish them out I find Farecla compounds work the best G3 or similar should do the job
but it really depends on how deep they are

1 - 8 of 8 Posts