Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, does the Juke have the 'guide me home' lighting system, or whatever else it's named or the ability to be added. My wife is a night shift district nurse and finds the system on her meriva a huge benefit, especially in the wee hours and in the middle of nowhere. As the Juke is now her work car it's going to be missed if it's not available. I've checked the manual, searched on here and google'd and not found anything, which suggests it's not 'built-in' or it's known as something different!

thanks

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I dont even know what Guide me home lighting is

Would you mind explaining it and if its a good idea we can add it to the list of upgrades we would like to see on the facelift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry MB, should of explained that to start really....

When my wife presses the fob to unlock her meriva, it's set up to light the headlamps and the same when she locks it up, presses the fob, the headlamps stay lit for about 2 minutes or so, which allows her to approach a doorway in a pool or the spill of light. It's called different things with different manufacturers I guess. Both systems on the vauxhall are programmable, but the guide me home (locking and lighting) can be turned on/off by the owner, the light up on unlocking, once activated, has to be disabled by a mechanic/dealer - which is a bit weird.

Hope that explains enough for people to recognise what I mean and thanks again.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ah i got you now. The answer is Yes the Juke does have this. I havent looked into it tho but i know it does. I think this is turned on by leaving the headlights set to the On posistion when turning off the engine. As the lights do still turn off but will light up for a short time when the car is locked or unlocked. I shall have a play later on and find out for you. First time it happened i thought there was something wrong as i was sure i had turned off the lights :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
This must be unique to the Tekna then, as I have an acenta and drive with my lights on permanently and when I switch off the ignition the lights go out and do not light up when I lock the car.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Jukezilla, Im not sure if you need the lights set to ON or Auto :D
But during my lunch break ill have a quick play

·
Registered
167 Posts
I dont have auto on mine, but lights left in the ON possition turn OFF the moment ignition is turned off

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Okay, i have tried several combinations to get this to work but no luck so far.
I was 99% sure it could be done but not to sure now lol.
Will try again when i get home and its dark as maybe it has something to do with the "auto" settings that works off a sensor on the dash/windscreen

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm going to ask a question on the back of what Jukezilla said, so if we
keep the headlight switches on and remove the key from the ignition,
the lights will turn off with no battery drainage on the Acenta?

I ask as our last car had auto lights so never ever turned them on or off. It's difficult to get out of that habit.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
well, when you turn the ignition off the lights will go off as well. Unless you put them back on afterwards. If the lights are off then i see no reason they should drain the battery :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
This facility is only on Tekna models,
it's linked to the inteligy key.
Those owners with other models, will just have to carry a torch with them

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I used to have that on my Jeep, 20+ years ago, it was a very useful feature.

It would drive the local kids to smirk and tell me I had left my lights on, for two minutes

·
Registered
152 Posts
It has been a standart feature for many years in BMWs, when you turn the ignition off and pull out the key, if you pull the light stalk like you want to flash your full beam, the head light would stay on for about 40 seconds, on my last car, I could even select how long i wanted the light to stay on.
It's a useful feature expecially when you park your car in the dark and you want to lite up your walk to the front door

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, it's on the Juke. Thanks Rocky, I went out and did the light stalk once the car had been turned off. Lights are on for approx 2 mins. Can't see this feature being on the tekna only - the meriva is only a base model and has the feature. Worth an experiment maybe.
Thanks for the input anyway.

·
Registered
912 Posts
TheBujun said:
Yep, it's on the Juke. Thanks Rocky, I went out and did the light stalk once the car had been turned off. Lights are on for approx 2 mins. Can't see this feature being on the tekna only - the meriva is only a base model and has the feature. Worth an experiment maybe.

Thanks for the input anyway.
Anyone else found this facility on the Juke Accenta Premium model?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I got the tekna, ofcourse it has it :D

but for what I know it only work in the auto or off stand (light switch).
When the key is out of the ignition, or the car is switch off with the button (for the keyless version)

Pull the stalk toward you it will activate the lights for 30 seconds, do it twice they will go 60 seconds. You can go up to 4 times (2 minutes). that is what If been told

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
nissanjukebox said:
I got the tekna,  ofcourse it has it :D

but for what I know it only work in the auto or off stand (light switch).
When the key is out of the ignition, or the car is switch off with the button (for the keyless version)

Pull the stalk toward you it will activate the lights for 30 seconds, do it twice they will go 60 seconds. You can go up to 4 times (2 minutes). that is what If been told
Can confirm this, Lights were set to off, ignition was off and pulled the lever ones (as it i was going to flash) and the lights stayed on for a little while :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Just had a message from a friend who has the Acenta ( i think, maybe the Acenta plus) who has tried this as well.
"turned the Ignotion off, pulled main lever towards you and the lights stay on long enough to get to the doors" :D
So not as nice as working of the key remote but then again this is better than nothing lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts